Eidos

BSA Distribution Committee- Helping New Scrolls Get BSAs!

The only thing with the forms I'll note is that players with larger scrolls typically don't have an exact count of how many breeding pairs they have, and it can be onerous to tally those up. Perhaps it would be better to simply note 'yes I can breed this" or "no I can not".

Example with my sign up:

I would like to volunteer for the BSA Distribution Committee!

Forum Username: blinkdog

Dragoncave Username: blinkdog

Link to Scroll: x

Private Message: x

BSAs available:

Spoiler

Aegis: [ ] Aeon: [x] Astalophyne: [x] Bolt: [x] Celestial: [x] Fanalea: [x] Furor: [x] Glystere: [ ] Green: [x] Hooded Murkling: [x] Ice: [ ] Magi: [x] Magma: [x] Painted Ray: [x] Pink: [x] Purple: [x] Pyrrhichios: [x] Red: [x] Shallow Water: [x] Sophrosyne: [x] Thunder: [x] Thundersnow: [x] Vampire: [ ] White: [x] Zyumorph: [x] Astreal: [x]

Alternatively, it might be good to pair BSAs together based on what they do so it's easier to understand for new folks

Example:

CORE BSA - Considered essential by DragCave players

Aeon, Bolt, Green, Magi, Pink, Purple, Red, White

GoN SUMMON - Summons the Guardian of Nature

Ice, Thunder, MAgma

ADVENTURE - Summons the Scourgekeeper

Astralophyne, Fanalea, Furor, Hooded Murkling, Pyrrhichios, Thundersnow

SINOMORPH summon

each color zyu

BREED INTERACTION - specific to breed additional of the same dragon but no other effect, or no effect at all

Celestial, Painted Ray, Shallow Water, Vampire, Astrael

HOLIDAY - only available for request at certain times of the year

Aegis, Glystere

Last idea: new players with less than 100 dragons could order a "BSA starter kit"? (from players willing/capable of fulfilling)

Spoiler

male and female pink hatchies, 2 red hatchies, and one magi hatchie

should probably stay hatchies since egg limits on new players

Just some ideas! Thanks for starting this! I'll try to make a fun button today to help spread the word.

Edited by blinkdog
ideas

Love the starter kit idea @blinkdog!

Another idea I had is a free-for-all drop form for if there's no requests for a certain dragon but you have one you want to donate. I'll probably have a few to drop once I double check some breeding pairs that are growing up today, if my mom doesn't want them to help fill out her BSAs since she's collecting reds right now.

Great ideas! Thank you so much! I will implement them into the top post so folks can see them when signing up or requesting! I’d also love to make a drop form. 

Edited by Eidos

Forum Username: Banyanpan

Dragoncave Username: Banyanpan

Link to Scroll: Scroll

Breeding Pairs:*

Spoiler
Spoiler

Aegis:

Aeon:2

Astalophyne:

Bolt:1.5

Celestial:2.5

Fanalea:

Furor:1

Glystere:

Green:1.5

Hooded Murkling:

Ice:0.5

Magi:4

Magma:1

Painted Ray:3

Pink:8

Purple:2.5

Pyrrhichios:

Red:6.5

Shallow Water:

Sophrosyne:1

Thunder:

Thundersnow:

Vampire:13

White:10

Zyumorph:2.5

Astreal:7

*The pairs listed on the form are established PB breeding pairs, or dragons with holiday mates. Basically, I only included pairs where I can guarantee the desired breed.

Even if there isn't a pair listed, I can potentially produce any of these breeds (aside from out-of-season holidays).

Edited by Banyanpan

2 minutes ago, Banyanpan said:

Forum Username: Banyanpan

Dragoncave Username: Banyanpan

Link to Scroll: Scroll

Breeding Pairs:*

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Aegis:

Aeon:2

Astalophyne:

Bolt:1.5

Celestial:2.5

Fanalea:

Furor:1

Glystere:

Green:1.5

Hooded Murkling:

Ice:0.5

Magi:4

Magma:1

Painted Ray:3

Pink:8

Purple:2.5

Pyrrhichios:

Red:6.5

Shallow Water:

Sophrosyne:1

Thunder:

Thundersnow:

Vampire:13

White:10

Zyumorph:2.5

Astreal:7

*The pairs listed on the form are established PB breeding pairs, or dragons with holiday mates. Basically, I only included pairs where I can guarantee the desired breed.

Hooray! Thanks a bunch!

I was inspired by @Edenello and made a group for this trading board as well - whatever you settle on for tracking who can breed what, lemme know and I'll update my application post!

14 minutes ago, blinkdog said:

I was inspired by @Edenello and made a group for this trading board as well - whatever you settle on for tracking who can breed what, lemme know and I'll update my application post!

Lovely! Thanks! I am not a user who has a ton of dragons on their scroll so I am not sure what would be easiest. I am leaning towards whatever will be the least  hassle. I went ahead and made the list optional.

I am going to put  one of the rules no killing/freezing as the purpose of the gift is to give access to BSAs. If anyone has an opinion let me know! 

Edited by Eidos

Forum Username: jellystualy

Dragon Cave Username: jellystualy

Link to scrolllink

Private MessagePM

BSAs available: I can breed anything outside of Fanalea, Furor, Glystere (during Holidays), Hooded Murkling, Painted Ray, Pyrrhichios, and Thundersnow as I've yet to grab CBs of them (at least, those who aren't part of my code collection, that is). I'm also lacking in Vampires (only two available). I can reliably breed all 9 Astrael variants, however, as that's the breed I'm (mainly) hoarding! You can view my CB Astraels here, my 2G Astraels here, and my 3G Astraels here:)

7 minutes ago, jellystualy said:

Forum Username: jellystualy

Dragon Cave Username: jellystualy

Link to scrolllink

Private MessagePM

BSAs available: I can breed anything outside of Fanalea, Furor, Glystere (during Holidays), Hooded Murkling, Painted Ray, Pyrrhichios, and Thundersnow as I've yet to grab CBs of them (at least, those who aren't part of my code collection, that is). I'm also lacking in Vampires (only two available). I can reliably breed all 9 Astrael variants, however, as that's the breed I'm (mainly) hoarding! You can view my CB Astraels here, my 2G Astraels here, and my 3G Astraels here:)

Yay! Thanks so much! If you would like to, you can also make a group of all your bsa breedable dragons so you can add to them over time without having to edit your post. You could also fill out the breeding pairs list if you feel like it! I’ll put you on the volunteer list!

I went ahead and edited the original post a little now that there are some folks in the group.

1 hour ago, blinkdog said:

Alternatively, it might be good to pair BSAs together based on what they do so it's easier to understand for new folks

Example:

CORE BSA - Considered essential by DragCave players

Aeon, Bolt, Green, Magi, Pink, Purple, Red, White

GoN SUMMON - Summons the Guardian of Nature

Ice, Thunder, MAgma

ADVENTURE - Summons the Scourgekeeper

Astralophyne, Fanalea, Furor, Hooded Murkling, Pyrrhichios, Thundersnow

SINOMORPH summon

each color zyu

BREED INTERACTION - specific to breed additional of the same dragon but no other effect, or no effect at all

Celestial, Painted Ray, Shallow Water, Vampire, Astrael

HOLIDAY - only available for request at certain times of the year

Aegis, Glystere

I went ahead and linked the article on the wiki about BSA dragons on the introduction post. I’d like to put this up there too as it is nice and concise.

Forum Username: themagiciansky

Dragoncave Username: Skye_Ara

Link to Scroll: Link

I just made a Group of all the bsas I can breed which is almost all of them except Painted Rays which I only have one of haha 

Just now, themagiciansky said:

Forum Username: themagiciansky

Dragoncave Username: Skye_Ara

Link to Scroll: Link

I just made a Group of all the bsas I can breed which is almost all of them except Painted Rays which I only have one of haha 

Thanks!

Thank you @Eidos and @baoser! I think I will have enough for (hopefully) two breeding pairs of purples once I accept the final egg. :D

I didn't see a place to say which dragon to request, so I added it into this form. Let me know if I need to change it! I also added a notes section at the bottom of mine.

I would like to request a BSA Dragon!
Requested Dragon: Purple

Forum Username: Edenello
Scroll Username: Edenello
Link to Scroll: Scroll
Message Link: Here

Notes: Any lineage is fine, I'm just looking for a mate for any of my three male purples so I can start breeding them myself and for requests. I should have space around 7pm DC time tonight and will try to keep the slot open.

Edited by Edenello

40 minutes ago, Edenello said:

I didn't see a place to say which dragon to request, so I added it into this form. Let me know if I need to change it! I also added a notes section at the bottom of mine.

I would like to request a BSA Dragon!
Requested Dragon: Purple

Forum Username: Edenello
Scroll Username: Edenello
Link to Scroll: Scroll
Message Link: Here

Notes: Any lineage is fine, I'm just looking for a mate for any of my three male purples so I can start breeding them myself and for requests. I should have space around 7pm DC time tonight and will try to keep the slot open.

Hi, is an egg ok? (Maybe we should add that to our form)

1 minute ago, Eidos said:

Hi, is an egg ok? (Maybe we should add that to our form)

Egg is fine! I won't be able to accept an egg until later tonight though, around 7-8 DC time when my eggs are due to hatch.

5 minutes ago, Edenello said:

Egg is fine! I won't be able to accept an egg until later tonight though, around 7-8 DC time when my eggs are due to hatch.

Oki doke! 

OFFER SENT —> Requester’s Name: Edenello REQUESTED BREED Purple

I won’t be able to accept another request for a bit as that’s both my Magi used today. Might see if I can pick up an egg!

On 9/11/2023 at 1:13 PM, blinkdog said:

The only thing with the forms I'll note is that players with larger scrolls typically don't have an exact count of how many breeding pairs they have, and it can be onerous to tally those up. Perhaps it would be better to simply note 'yes I can breed this" or "no I can not".

In my imagining of the form, only new requesters would list their tally of breeding pairs, basically so that they can maintain their own checklist until we have large enough scrolls that we don't need to tally. We can mark which dragons in particular we are seeking or requesting, and also we can start to anticipate when we have enough BSA dragons to contribute to offering. So for example, my request form would look like this!:

I would like to request (a) BSA Dragon(s)!
Requested Dragons marked by asterisks and bold below: 
Aeon, Ice, Magma, Thunder

Forum Username: dracornithologist
Scroll Username: dracornithologist
Link to Scroll: Scroll, BSA Distribution Dragons Group
Message Link: PM

Notes: I'm loosely trying to start a lyrical lineage, so I'm focusing on pinks, purples, and reds right now! But also, I'd be happy to accept any, especially hatchlings, as I'm often egglocked. Currently egglocked, will update when I am able to accept!

Breeding Pairs

Spoiler

Aegis: 0
*Aeon: 1
Astalophyne: 0

Astrael: 1.5 (3m, 1f)
Bolt: .5 (1m)
Celestial: .5 (1f)
Fanalea: 0
Furor: 0
Glystere: 0
Green: .5 (1f)
Hooded Murkling: 0
Ice: 0
Magi: 2
*Magma: .5 (1f)
Painted Ray: .5 (1m)
Pink: 2 
Purple: 2
Pyrrhichios: 0
Red: 2
Shallow Water: .5 (1f)
Sophrosyne: 0
*Thunder: 0
Thundersnow: 0
Vampire: 0
White: .5 (1m)
Zyumorph: 0

Also, since I have the second post in the thread, I could maintain a regular request board, collecting the most recent requests in a sort of bulletin board? And people keeping their requests updated with whether they are able to accept eggs or hatchlings could be a good idea!

Edited by dracornithologist

8 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

Also, since I have the second post in the thread, I could maintain a regular request board, collecting the most recent requests in a sort of bulletin board?

Whatever you want to do to help sounds great! Go right ahead! A bulletin board sounds really fun! We could keep free for all drops up there too, possibly, unless that is too hard to manage. 

Should I edit the form so it is only for requesters keeping track and not for signing up? Is there a particular way would you like me to explain it in the top post? I will go ahead and start changing it now.

Edited by Eidos

2 minutes ago, Eidos said:

Whatever you want to do to help sounds great! Go right ahead! A bulletin board sounds really fun! We could keep free for all drops up there too, possibly, unless that is too hard to manage. 

Should I edit the form so it is only for requesters keeping track and not for signing up? Is there a particular way would you like me to explain it in the top post? I will go ahead and start changing it now.

I think whoever wants to use it to keep track in their form should feel free to add it - if they have too many pairs to mention, they can mention that in their sign-up! Your current wording I think demonstrates it well and clearly. 

& keeping drop offs on the bulletin board sounds great to me! I think I could maintain the board every other evening or so, if that sounded good to everyone else.

You can do it as often or as little as you want! It’s a volunteer position XD 

Edited by Eidos

3 minutes ago, baoser said:

baoserEdenello: Purple (Offered)

Hello! Edenello has already accepted my offer! We should probably have a system where you edit your request once accepted. That’s really great of you to offer, though!