Eidos

BSA Distribution Committee- Helping New Scrolls Get BSAs!

You can learn about BSAs here!

Welcome to BSAD Committee!

This “committee” was created to make it a little easier for new players to get the specific BSA dragon they are looking for. As a newer player myself, I found it rather difficult starting out to get the specific breeds I needed, and wanted to do something so it would be a little easier for other newbies!

Here are the rules we have so far:

1. If you are gifted a dragon, you must pick it up within a 24 hour window.

2. No freezing/killing. This includes actions which MAY kill such as earthquake and bite. 

3. When requesting, please use the request form.

4. No hatchling requests.

Breaking these rules will result in warnings and bans.

Here is our sign up form!

You can either fill out your breeding pairs or make a “BSA Distribution Committee” group to link to your form.

To fill out your breeding pairs, please put “1” for each male/female pair you have. If you only have 1 individual, please put “.5” For example, if I had 3 white dragons, I would put “1.5”.

I would like to volunteer for the BSA Distribution Committee!

Forum Username:

Dragoncave Username:

Link to Scroll:

Link to BSAD Committee Dragons:

(Optional) Breeding Pairs List:
Aegis:

Aeon:

Astalophyne:

Bolt:

Celestial:

Fanalea:

Furor:

Glystere:

Green:

Hooded Murkling:

Ice:

Magi:

Magma:

Painted Ray:

Pink:

Purple:

Pyrrhichios:

Red:

Shallow Water:

Sophrosyne:

Thunder:

Thundersnow:

Vampire:

White:

Zyumorph:

Astreal:

Once you have a few breeding pairs, check out the BSA Breakfast Club!

Request Form:

I would like to request a dragon!
Forum Username: 
Scroll Username: 
Link to Scroll: 
Message Link: 

Notes:

Offer Form:

OFFER SENT —> Requester’s Name: REQUESTED BREED

Finally, here is our drop-off form.

Free to take!
Dropping: (dragon breed)
Notes: 

Our Volunteer Breeders:

Eidios 

Edenello

Blinkdog

Banyanpan

Jellystualy

themagiciansky

Baoser

zippuzzle

Jack_Lernaean

meeps114

Firstborn Dragon

Dracornithologist

Trystan

Cheesecake_Raccoon

Mochi

Edited by Eidos

As one of those new players trying to collect the BSA's, I love this idea! Very kind! EDIT: This post will serve as the

Bulletin Board, which I will update with the most recent free for any drop offs and requests made!

Feel free to PM me to update your bulletin board entry, either for drop-off or requests!

D R O P O F F S

Below are all current BSA eggs and hatchlings dropped off by our members! Thanks so much! 

-----------------------------

current as of 11/12 at 5:15pm

R E Q U E S T S
Below are all current requests looking to be filled! Feel free to use the form above to make an offer! Remember to check whether the requester is able to accept a growing dragon (or not, indicated in red) and which kind - the info will be in the request. Thanks very much!

Requester: dracornithologist // Requesting: Aeon, Ice, Magma, Thunder // Post with Info: Linked here // Not currently accepting!

Requester: Azoale // Requesting: Priorities 1) Red, 2) Pink, 3) any // Post with Info: Linked here // Accepting!

Requester: GoldenKat // Requesting: Red, hatchling preferred (currently egglocked) // Post with Info: Linked here // Accepting!

current as of 11/12 at 5:15pm

A R T   P O S T E D

•  

qStzBnD.png

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192005-bsa-distribution-committee/][img=https://i.imgur.com/qStzBnD.png][/url]

[or, save the image, paste it into your forum signature in account settings, and use the editor's insert link button to link to the forum's main page, or your own post in the thread that you'd like to link to!]
    thanks to: blinkdog

• BSAbuttonseconddraft.gif.1ae94475981e527bcb0ee87ee762f6f4.gif

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192005-bsa-distribution-committee/][img=https://imgur.com/By1oKAV][/url]

thanks to: dracornithologist 

• distributton.gif.d84724f42eb39e161b45517797ac86bd.gif
    thanks to: dracornithologist

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192005-bsa-distribution-committee/][img=https://i.postimg.cc/Jhkrd4N5/distributton.gif][/url]

•  

Edited by dracornithologist
bulletin board

I think this is a nice idea ^^ The majority of my BSAs came from the AP, and I've been happily breeding mine for the BSA Breakfast Club ever since finding that thread. I'd be glad to send an egg or two from my pairs to someone who specifically wants one, instead of abandoning them like usual, but I will say that the majority of my BSA dragons are a little bit messy. I usually breed for the Breakfast Club on Tuesdays, so that's generally where my cooldowns are at. I would ask if someone did want to request a BSA egg that they be able to pick it up within a reasonable window, maybe 24 hours like a lot of the other gifting threads?

18 minutes ago, Eidos said:

Here is the magi hatchling for anyone who needs one! https://dragcave.net/teleport/c46b5e177ee1e253a970a5e041548f96 

This is exactly what I needed, thank you so much! And now I'll be able to participate in trades and giving away BSAs myself! 💖

5 minutes ago, zippuzzle said:

I would ask if someone did want to request a BSA egg that they be able to pick it up within a reasonable window, maybe 24 hours like a lot of the other gifting threads?

This makes sense to me, so I second this rule! Are there similar rules in other threads we might want to model off of, like about chatting in this thread or forms? And if there's any other way I could help until I've got enough dragons to be useful in that way, let me know!

29 minutes ago, zippuzzle said:

I would ask if someone did want to request a BSA egg that they be able to pick it up within a reasonable window, maybe 24 hours like a lot of the other gifting threads?

Oh yes! that seems like a very good idea! I’ll put that up in my original post!

32 minutes ago, zippuzzle said:

I will say that the majority of my BSA dragons are a little bit messy.

I think it’s all right probably, if the lineages are messy- since the aim of it is to just get some dragons to people who don’t have them yet, like you’ve been doing with the breakfast club :) 

23 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

Are there similar rules in other threads we might want to model off of, like about chatting in this thread or forms? And if there's any other way I could help until I've got enough dragons to be useful in that way, let me know!

I will take a look at the rules of the other threads and see what works! I figure if we think they are a good idea we can implement them. Forms seem good for requesting just to keep it neat. Maybe we should have people link their scroll to confirm they don’t have one yet but I honestly would be ok gifting anyway, especially just starting out we might not get a whole lot of people. 

If you want to help out, ideas for rules and such are great! 

I’m glad to see interest in the topic!

I love this idea! I'm still trying to fill in some of the gaps for the rarer BSA dragons (aeons, mostly), but I have a few lineage projects or ideas floating around that I will definitely have rejects from that will need a home. I could also try to breed a few messy lineage dragons to help out.

3 minutes ago, Eidos said:

Maybe we should have people link their scroll to confirm they don’t have one yet but I honestly would be ok gifting anyway, especially just starting out we might not get a whole lot of people.

If we ask for scroll links for newer players we could also have them mention in their form if they have any of that dragon or not. It may be useful to get newer players a breeding pair so that they can build up more BSAs and potentially help breed them for others in the future.

2 minutes ago, Eidos said:

Maybe we should have people link their scroll to confirm they don’t have one yet but I honestly would be ok gifting anyway, especially just starting out we might not get a whole lot of people.

Honestly, I found I needed a LOT more BSAs than I expected. The cooldowns can be long, and if you only have one or two it makes it pretty challenging! Especially getting the first few Magi dragons for trading. I don't think I'd put a limit on how many/few of the BSAs folks can have? If you want to keep it geared towards newer players, perhaps suggesting that egg requests come from folks with a Bronze (or Silver?) trophy or lower might be a good way to do it?

Thanks for all the great ideas, people!

3 minutes ago, Edenello said:

If we ask for scroll links for newer players we could also have them mention in their form if they have any of that dragon or not. It may be useful to get newer players a breeding pair so that they can build up more BSAs and potentially help breed them for others in the future.

Sounds great! That makes me think we could have a sign-up sheet, like breeding, gifting does! I will make a form also!

3 minutes ago, zippuzzle said:

Honestly, I found I needed a LOT more BSAs than I expected. The cooldowns can be long, and if you only have one or two it makes it pretty challenging! Especially getting the first few Magi dragons for trading. I don't think I'd put a limit on how many/few of the BSAs folks can have?

I am leaning towards this also. I know when I only had 1 Magi i immediately realized I would need another and bred it. Maybe we should put a silver trophy limit on it, but we could probably make exceptions if someone does not have, say, an Aeon wyvern but has a silver trophy.

Forms look good! For the volunteer form could we also add what dragons we are able to breed to it, to keep track of what our breeders have?

Also, having a form for when we have offered an egg would be good to make sure we aren't breeding duplicates.

Edited by Edenello

They look great to me! Maybe the request form could include a tracker so that requesters can keep a record of their BSA dragons in the same post? So, the form above, with the addition of:

I would like to request a BSA Dragon!

Forum Username: 

Scroll Username: 

Link to Scroll: 

Message Link:

Breeding pairs so far

Aegis:

Aeon:

Astalophyne:

Bolt:

Celestial:

Fanalea:

Furor:

Glystere:

Green:

Hooded Murkling:

Ice:

Magi:

Magma:

Painted Ray:

Pink:

Purple:

Pyrrhichios:

Red:

Shallow Water:

Sophrosyne:

Thunder:

Thundersnow:

Vampire:

White:

Zyumorph:

It could be kept track of in .5 increments (half a breeding pair) and we could bold whichever ones we're prioritizing at the moment. Sorry it's a little messy, I'm on my phone about to get on a plane. But looking forward to working more on this!

Ohhhhh, I like this idea! I'd feel like this having no limit specifically for who can request and cannot would be nice, but having something geared towards newbies is nice too, so I'm so-and-so on either option

I don't have much to say; I think the forms look nice so far + the one dracornithologist suggested is nicely thorough (you missed Astraels by the by). Other rules I can think of would probably imply having some sort of adult quota like, say, 10 dragons (not too ridiculous—newbies, after all) before requesting so there's little risk in potential of dying due to mismanagement, maybe??

4 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

Maybe the request form could include a tracker so that requesters can keep a record of their BSA dragons in the same post?

That sounds good- we also might could do something like the green form the cave droppers use and link back to an edited version of your form where we keep track of totals while not reposting a big block of text each time. 

1 minute ago, jellystualy said:

10 dragons (not too ridiculous—newbies, after all) before requesting so there's little risk in potential of dying due to mismanagement

That sounds like an important rule! I’ll go ahead and add it!

@dracornithologist That could work! Marking half a breeding pair could also help breeders spread out dragons to complete pairs so there are more breeders available, or to mark that it's not a 100% guarantee that we will be able to breed that bsa if we attempt to. Vampires may be the only exception since you only need one to bite an egg. Aegis I believe is a seasonal so it may be good to mark that it can only be obtained certain times or year?

4 minutes ago, Eidos said:

That sounds like an important rule! I’ll go ahead and add it!

Oh oops, I meant 10 grown dragons total on their scroll 😅 no more than 10 of the breed is so-and-so, though

38 minutes ago, jellystualy said:

Oh oops, I meant 10 grown dragons total on their scroll 😅 no more than 10 of the breed is so-and-so, though

Oh, I understand. (I mean if they have 10 of something they probably wouldn’t be requesting anyway. I can take it off the rules.) Personally I did not think of that- none of my dragons have ever died yet. Does that sort of thing happen a lot with new players?

Forum Username: Edenello

Dragoncave Username: Edenello

Link to Scroll: ScrollBreeding Dragons

Breeding Pairs

Aegis: 0
Aeon: 0
Astalophyne: 0

Astraeal: 3***
Bolt: 0
Celestial: 0
Fanalea: 0
Furor: .5 (1 F)
Glystere: 0
Green: .5 (1F)
Hooded Murkling: 0
Ice: 0
Magi: 1.5 (2 Extra M)
Magma: .5 (1F)
Painted Ray: 0
Pink: .5**
Purple: 1.5
Pyrrhichios: 0
Red: 1
Shallow Water: 0
Sophrosyne: 0
Thunder: 0.5 (Not an adult yet)
Thundersnow: 0
Vampire: 1 (Not an adult yet)
White: 1.5 (1 Extra F)
Zyumorph: 0

*Pair has not been bread before, there is a chance of rejection

**Most of my pinks are currently part of a lineage project, may be able to offer breeding fails. You can find the project under the Personal Lineage link in my signature.
***Have all CB colors, can breed Teal and Green. Unsure if can breed pink due to one rejection; have not tried the other pairing option. Have not tried breeding same colors of CBs yet.

Edited by Edenello

Yay! Thank you so much! I like the group you made too! If you get a chance, you can fill out the handy breeding pairs form dracornithologist made! I put instructions in the top post! If you can think of a way to make it better, let us know!

Edited by Eidos

Yep, I will edit it with that! To keep from making my post too long/ease of scrolling I will probably put it under a spoiler.

1 minute ago, Edenello said:

To keep from making my post too long/ease of scrolling I will probably put it under a spoiler.

Oh, I should do that with the top post as well

Forum Username: blinkdog

Dragoncave Username: blinkdog

Link to Scroll: x

Private Message: x

BSA Distribution Committee Group: x

I can breed any non-holiday BSA, including all astrael variants

typically I breed all my BSA dragons into the AP every week but I'm happy to send them off on request for folks 🙂

Edited by blinkdog
updated to include group link

Just now, blinkdog said:

Forum Username: blinkdog

Dragoncave Username: blinkdog

Link to Scroll: x

I can breed any non-holiday BSA

typically I breed all my BSA dragons into the AP every week but I'm happy to send them off on request for folks 🙂

Awesome! Thanks so much!

27 minutes ago, Eidos said:

If you get a chance, you can fill out the handy breeding pairs form dracornithologist made! I put instructions in the top post! If you can think of a way to make it better, let us know!

Done, it may be a bit messy since I'm on my phone and can't format things as well, but all of my info should be there!

It may also be good to link people's volunteer forms in the top post so that they are easy to navigate to.

Edited by Edenello