Cute_Dragons

Could the breeding CD reset at 0am on the 7th day, instead of at the exact time after 7 days?

Not sure if this has been discussed before. I personally don't mind the CD for BSAs but the breeding CD has been tricky for me, especially with gemshard, since they need to be bred on the exact weekday for different colors.

For example, I'm working on Gold x Citrine Gem projects, and for the past months I bred them every Saturday for the citrine variant. Yesterday, I checked several times for CD throughout the day, and I was able to breed my female gold pairings, but my male gold pairings are still unavailable.

I forgot what time exactly did I breed them last week, and my best guess is that over the course of past months, the time gradually went from 7am, 11am, to 2pm, 7pm, etc. In the end I missed the window, which means now I need to wait another 6 days to breed this gold x citrine pairing. With other dragons the wait is fine, but given how hard Gold dragons are to breed already, this just feels too pitiful.

This could be so much better if the CDs are reset by the day, instead of the exact time. I can't think of any negative consequences to this change, but I might be missing something, so any reply is welcomed.

Edited by CuteDragons

Oof, yes please, full support! Having to either write down when a pair was bred or check and re-check throughout the day has always been a headache, at least for me. I play every day, but I'm simply not organized enough to keep track of it myself. 😂

This would be really helpful, and I can't think of any downsides either. Great suggestion, would love to see it implemented!

2 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

I forgot what time exactly did I breed them last week

You can check your Action Log for info like this. It's accurate down to the minute.

Regarding the actual suggestion I'm not against it, though it would be strange to deal with an approximate schedule for one system while the rest (BSA, freezing, kills, etc) continue to be down to the minute. But there's minimal abuse capability since after the second breeding it'll be 1 breeding a week regardless of how early you breed. 

Edited by Shadowdrake
Edit: misread suggestion

I'm against the idea of this being exclusive to breeding, if this were changed I think it should be across the board that things roll over midnight cave time.

That said, this would be useful for a lot of things and honestly I'd prefer it (I always prefer games that roll over at a set time rather than to the second)

5 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

You can check your Action Log for info like this. It's accurate down to the minute.

Regarding the actual suggestion I'm not against it, though it would be strange to deal with an approximate schedule for one system while the rest (BSA, freezing, kills, etc) continue to be down to the minute. But there's minimal abuse capability since after the second breeding it'll be 1 breeding a week regardless of how early you breed. 

Oh thank you! Can't believe why I didn't think of checking the action log. That would be really helpful tracking CD!

And yes I'm definitely supporting doing this with all CD, not just breeding. I should have been clearer with my wording :D

Edited by CuteDragons

Another solution would be reducing cooldowns for a few hours. I've seen some games changing 1 day cooldown to 20 or 23 hours. This allows to gradually move the action time earlier, if you once were late to it.

The resetting cooldowns on calendar basis sounds cool too! People would only need to track time, and cave time is displayed directly there

Support, this would be so nice for every action with a cooldown.

Support, digging through dozens of pages of my action log to find out when I bred my dragons is no fun.

Trouble is, of course, that we all have different midnights...

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Trouble is, of course, that we all have different midnights...

Rollovers always go by game time, just like all other functions even on DC. The times in the action log are cave time too anyway...

Yes I know - but even so.....

16 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

I mean- should all the other cooldowns also change on the day rollover? Genuine question- I don't know if there would be much ability to misuse that. It would certainly be nice to be able to more easily know exactly when, say, this batch of Pinks will be ready for me to use to influence again.

Absolutely support making breeding cooldowns roll over with the day instead of being to the precise hour and minute.

I'd also support the idea of making the breeding cooldown, say, 6 days and 23 hours- I've played a few games that do the slightly shortened cooldown version to allow you to gradually fix having done something a bit late, and I like it.

Edited by Fishkeeper

I'll throw in my support too--I have had breeding projects which were very time-specific with respect to breeding, and missing the window between cooldown and a change to something I didn't want (wrong color lunar herald for the project, for example) was more than just one added week until next attempt couid be made.  Granted, that is part of what I've done to myself in thinking up these projects,  and probably more noticeable while I'm in the thick of the blue phase (gen 4 and gen 5 are to be blue lunar heralds) which is one long 8 day period (vs the 4 days for other colors where it doesn't matter--if I don't get my egg, they'll be off cooldown by the time the opportunity comes up again).

I'd support this! I have a gemshard project in the works so I know the struggle all too well :P 

I'd support the other actions following suit as well. I can't imagine it would have adverse affects beyond maybe making double batches of zombies on the 31st impossible?

Thats fine with me I can support too. Time dependent breeding can be tricky as it is now!

With Zombies, if tombstones disappeared depending on TOD still should still be fine! I dont think people, myself included, would be happy to lose double batches otherwise just because DC midnight is bad on their timezone. 

Yeah I think the only thing this would cause problems with is Kills, and as long as ToD is still to the minute it should be fine.

I don´t pay a lot of attention to stuff like this but wouldn´t that mean you can essentially shave a day off the cooldown? Breed dragon at 11pm for whatever reason, CD gets reset on midnight though, you basically gain the 23 hours. Or have I missed something in the suggestion addressing this?

41 minutes ago, Munin said:

I don´t pay a lot of attention to stuff like this but wouldn´t that mean you can essentially shave a day off the cooldown? Breed dragon at 11pm for whatever reason, CD gets reset on midnight though, you basically gain the 23 hours. Or have I missed something in the suggestion addressing this?

Basically yeah, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't have a big impact. You can't keep doing that every week because the next time...well, you've already bred early, so you definitely need to wait the full week. It only saves some time as a one off.