syth

Buying Eggs on Dragoncave

I didn't see this topic anywhere else so figured I'd post it here.

I've been around the site forever so this was a new feature and then I realized even when I had more than enough... I can't buy eggs I've never had even though it shows me said eggs. 

This bums me out because the chance I'll ever see any of the eggs I don't have... is probably less than 1 % since now I'm an adult with a job (vs being the college student I was when this site started up). 

I'm not sure why this is a thing. I was so looking forward to being able to finally complete my collection... but nope. Not a thing. I also don't trade dragons I have because that is just something I can't wrap my head around. Plus I don't have any dragons that would ever be "worth" the ones I'm even after...  they're just that rare unfortunately and will seem to remain so for me since I cannot just buy the ones I'm missing. Even if I did... as an adult with a job... I just don't have the time to dedicate myself to this site like I did in its earlier days (when I didn't have a job and could post them all over the Internet... nowadays I have rely on clicker sites).

I'm not looking for any handouts or anything, but I was wondering if anyone else was as equally as disappointed as I was when they found out they couldn't simply just buy the eggs they'd missed getting for one reason or another. 

Eggs unlock in the market after seeing enough dragons of that type too, you don't need to have owned them. :) 

You can go through the scrolls of some people who have many dragons, or look in the encyclopedia helpers thread (under site discussion).

Also, the community is super friendly. Don't be scared to ask for 'handouts', especially if you aren't fussy about lineages. :P 

12 hours ago, _Ro_ said:

scrolls of some people who have many dragons

*coughPrincessLucycough*

You can "buy" eggs, as _Ro_ said, once you unlock them in the market. You use "shards" not real money. Selling eggs/hatchlings for real money is against the rules.

https://dragcave.net/market

You can't buy any when you are locked (egglocked or scroll locked).

As far as trading goes, depending on the lineage of what you are looking for, you may be able to trade for some.

I trade 3rd gen prize checker eggs, and bred alts for 1 hatchling a piece.

Don't forget to enter the DC raffle every month for a chance to win a CB prize dragon. Offspring from your prize can be great trade fodder.

This month, all you have to do to enter is to raise 3 CB dragons from the coast and then enter the drawing.

https://dragcave.net/raffle

Lol @Long_Before_Sunrise .

You ain't seen nothing yet. I retire soon, so I will have even more time to collect. And I do know someone with over 29,000 dragons, so I am not the only hoarder.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Eeek! How did you catch me so fast? 

7 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

You ain't seen nothing yet. I retire soon, so I will have even more time to collect. And I do know someone with over 29,000 dragons, so I am not the only hoarder.

You are the record holder. https://dcrecords.tj09.net/scroll

Just now, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Eeek! How did you catch me so fast? 

You are the record holder. https://dcrecords.tj09.net/scroll

Only because I updated myself in that system. The other person tends to be more anonymous.

The other person has 29346 adults according to EggDropSoup. I tend to freeze a lot, so I only have 25559 adults but more dragons overall.

I'm having the issue where I have almost every image of a dragon unlocked EXCEPT for the egg, which some of them I haven't seen in years honestly. And without the egg unlocked, I can't buy the egg either, lol! I wish only that part was more user friendly, like a launching point.

The best way to get those is hatching sites...

On 12/7/2022 at 1:42 AM, syth said:

I've been around the site forever so this was a new feature and then I realized even when I had more than enough... I can't buy eggs I've never had even though it shows me said eggs. 

This bums me out because the chance I'll ever see any of the eggs I don't have... is probably less than 1 % since now I'm an adult with a job (vs being the college student I was when this site started up). 

I'm not sure why this is a thing. I was so looking forward to being able to finally complete my collection... but nope. Not a thing. I also don't trade dragons I have because that is just something I can't wrap my head around. Plus I don't have any dragons that would ever be "worth" the ones I'm even after...  they're just that rare unfortunately and will seem to remain so for me since I cannot just buy the ones I'm missing. Even if I did... as an adult with a job... I just don't have the time to dedicate myself to this site like I did in its earlier days (when I didn't have a job and could post them all over the Internet... nowadays I have rely on clicker sites).

I'm not looking for any handouts or anything, but I was wondering if anyone else was as equally as disappointed as I was when they found out they couldn't simply just buy the eggs they'd missed getting for one reason or another. 

Syth, I can breed whatever you need. If all you want/need are the eggs, I won't get upset if you dump the hatchies in the AP. :D  Just PM me and when I get home from work, I'll breed my dragons & send you the link to eggs. :D  My scroll name is the same as my forum name & if you need hatchies for the raffle I have those. *is already entered*

On 12/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, syth said:

You only have to view 5 eggs to be able to purchase it. Try looking for the egg you want in hatcheries( https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Click_Sites ) and clicking on them.

If you believe eggs should be purchasable without viewing or owning them, you can put up a post in the Suggestions/Requests forum.

Very much also suffest looking through both hatch sites and the encyclopedia helpers!  That's how I unlocked eggs that I didn't own from when I took a hiatus a while back.

As for trading, keep an eye on trade threads and such--sometimes people will offer a rarer dragon in exchange for several much more common eggs or hatchlings!  I've definitely "traded down" so to speak, where I gave somebody a much harder to find dragon in exchange for two or three more common ones that I collect.  I've seen other people offer that as well--both on the forums and the on-site trading hub.  The right dragon will be worth more than its usual rarity value to the right person--it's largely just a matter of having (or being able to obtain) the right thing at the right time rather than having something super rare you can breed on demand whenever you need to trade.  (Yeah that can help, but definitely not the only way to work trades in your favor!)

A hatchie is generally valued more than an egg of the same rarity. You can use this to 'trade up' :) Some people also take favours like babysitting eggs.

Is there a specific thing you're looking for OP? 

5 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

And some of us breed for free. Just ask 😉

This is true. But I'm NOT doing so before Christmas !

I usually go to the hatcheries if I have missed a release and want to buy the egg in the market. After clicking 5 it should unlock.

I can also breed some for you if you need, just PM me. My dragons mostly sit in my scroll doing nothing.