cornndawg

ANSWERED:pargulus breeding question

Go to solution Solved by Arcy,

i'm making a rainbow gemshard lineage that's going well-just got my first aqua baby-and i want to move onto a pargulus one once i'm done. however, the wiki doesn't contain any information on how bred pargulus color is determined. can anyone help?

I am pretty sure that the color of bred babies is random.

I've heard it's random but skewed towards the parent colors. Temporary breed sort will let you know what color it is before it hatches.

I bred all my pargulus recently and the reds only gave me 1 red egg and the rest were green eggs and the green pargulus gave me all blue eggs 😅

The ones I've caught in the AP have also given different colors from the parents. I have one red from blue parent and a green from red parent 🤔 

My blue adults refused to give any eggs so I am unsure if there's any pattern as to the probability of offspring depending on the color of the parents.

With that very little information that only encompasses my scroll, maybe red gives green, green gives blue and blue gives red more often. But that's just me making assumptions since I got a red from red and I haven't checked any other lineages. I will check from now on and see.

I haven't bred a lot of pargs but from what I observe from my pargs, the offspring color is mostly random lol maybe a bit skewed towards the original parent color but not that obvious of a difference

all my blue parg combined has produced 4 green, 3 blue, 1 red, all my green parg has produced 1 green 1 red, all my red has produced 1 green 2 red 2 blue (as you can see, I don't breed them often...but even in such a small sample I already get all kinds of colors. all are cb parg x a pygmy that is not a parg)

I do think it is random with a bias towards parent's color, just based on what I've observed in my own progenies

if it helps, I have a fairly sizeable parg collection, feel free to look through them and draw your own conclusions

https://dragcave.net/group/126728-breed---neopets/

(Shadowdrake gave a good tip as well, being able to determine the color before hatching is a big time saver)

thanks for the help! imma mark this as answered now

edit: mark as solution button isn't showing up for some reason, will check back later

Edited by cornndawg

On 12/5/2022 at 8:04 PM, cornndawg said:

thanks for the help! imma mark this as answered now

edit: mark as solution button isn't showing up for some reason, will check back later

Is marking solution a new feature? In any case, the 'ANSWERED' mark on the title is a separate thing done by mods.

I'll close this :)