Fuzzbucket

ANSWERED:Profiles unavailable

Go to solution Solved by TJ09,

Brought over from the TLQ thread as it is a BIG issue:

1 hour ago, Tiira said:

For some reason, I can't view my own forum profile even though other users' pages work just fine. Is it just me, or could something have gone wrong with the latest software update?

(And what are those new member reputation points? 😸)

I can't actually see anyone else's profile; it's not just not seeing mine.

As for reputation points - doesn't that tie in with "likes" - which makes it redundant here... (I looked on my other invision forum !)

After writing my tiny little question, I realised I can't view all profiles either. But I still do see some of them, which is strange.

I've been up and down a forum and yes, I can now see most of them.  But not mine, Tiira's or Fuzz's.

The message I get when I try to access mine from mobile (and from forcing desktop view in my phone):

Screenshot_20221127_074215.jpg

39 minutes ago, Tiira said:

@Quinney I can see most. So far the only ones I've found that do not work are yours and Fuzz's, and mine.

There are several I can't see. 0x08, dogmage999, terces, stromboli....

I wasn't having any issues with viewing profiles until I clicked on said users in this thread.

I just clicked on about 8 in the Games forum and all were okay except one (Little-Star).

I can’t access aangs-sister’s profile, as well as fuzz’s and ninish’s

I can see some, but I'm also seeing oo next to users' names in the threads.

Like so:

Screenshot_20221127-082154.thumb.jpg.8451055336a81e8c3fe2da9f8431fa9f.jpg

22 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I can see some, but I'm also seeing oo next to users' names in the threads.

I wonder if that is related to this "reputation" thing I am now seeing in profiles --  and do not like!

image.thumb.png.8112260fbbee757cb799c62750b2943b.png

I think it is - and that seeing it in threads is a mobile thing. I swear reputation is tied to likes - and we don't have them, so....

OH PUKE - it is indeed, and invision thinks it's "important" to communities....

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/member-functions/reputation-and-reactions-r171/

As we don't have the likes, reactions etc, it's pointless - and looks easy to disable.... @TJ09 - pretty please ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I never use the forums on mobile, but unfortunately the reputation points are shown on desktop, too, under the profile picture (and level and member group).

1 hour ago, Tiira said:

I never use the forums on mobile, but unfortunately the reputation points are shown on desktop, too, under the profile picture (and level and member group).

You're right. I missed it there. UGH!

Pointless it may be, since we don't have likes enabled, but still...do not like!

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As we don't have the likes, reactions etc, it's pointless - and looks easy to disable.... - pretty please ?

I think you meant @TJ09! ;)