Dragonluver

ANSWERED:Non-Vampire Dragon in Vampire Bite lineage

So I went on a bit of a "Vampire lineage dive" to try and find some hatchlings to view for the Encyclopedia and found something odd in one of them.

There is a random Split Dragon in here!

Neither dragon involved is mine (and I'm not sure if the owners are still around so apologies if this is breaking any rules), but (ONrY) appears to be a normal Vampire, and (N84F) is a normal Split that even has offspring. These are particularly old dragons, so I'm not sure if this can be answered, but.... why is this Split here, and how did it get here?

That dragon dates back to 2010. I'm not sure this explains it, but I am pretty sure that at that time codes of dead or released dragons were still being recycled. It ended up causing some pretty interesting lineages.

Yep, probably a code that got recycled since that used to happen back then as purplehaze said. Good find! It's always funny to catch glitches like these since they aren't super common. A few years ago I remember seeing a dragon with two fathers that was caused by recycled codes, TJ corrected that one though and he'll probably correct this too.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I once had a dragon with two male parents at the CB level. Sadly someone pointed it out to TJ and he killed them :(

https://dragcave.net/lineage/8gsXE

Yeah, he had a kind of heavy-handed way of dealing with those glitchy lineages.

I'm sure there are still some around that he never found out about.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I once had a dragon with two male parents at the CB level. Sadly someone pointed it out to TJ and he killed them :(

https://dragcave.net/lineage/8gsXE

Probably he didn't kill them, just broke the lineage at that point like he did for glitched 2g garlands somewhat recently. Still a waste though :(

They were there; now they are deceased (those tombstones are where the CBs were.)

Tombstone doesn't necessarily mean they are dead, though.

This dragon is not actually dead, but is a Silver female that still exists on the owner's scroll. Glitch breeding "fixed" by TJ.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ba8706b2d266cafa4c8a89f9515ba667.png

Edited by purplehaze

WOW I wish I had a way to find those anagallises.... But they have no codes to track with.

On 6/3/2022 at 8:44 AM, purplehaze said:

Tombstone doesn't necessarily mean they are dead, though.

This dragon is not actually dead, but is a Silver female that still exists on the owner's scroll. Glitch breeding "fixed" by TJ.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.ba8706b2d266cafa4c8a89f9515ba667.png

I remember that quite well.