missy_

Allow Us To Play Past Holiday Events As New Events Every Year

Please allow us to play past holiday events as new events every year.

So that, if we play the current year, we don’t have to erase our previous snow fort, tree, wreath, etc. decorations.

We could hold onto last year‘s badges and still view our previous snow forts, etc., while at the same time building new ones for this year.  Example: next year, we get a new snow fort entitled Snow Wars 2022, and we can decorate it without affecting our Snow Wars 2 or original Snow Wars fort.

If we have leftover materials, they could be carried over to the next year. 

Yes please! I am not doing much deco/snow wars/tree due to the history and I am happy with these items (the only thing with the tree was a candycane randomly spawned in last year, messing with the final image, which is now fixed).

I'm not opposed to this idea but it seems like a lot in terms of handling badges. We've had the tree/snow fort/etc for the past few years now. Last year's Holiday badge leads to the cookies - and I'm glad that they do, I prefer it that way. How would you handle being able to see last year's fort too? I really doubt we will be getting 5+ (tree, wreath, fort, house, and then new event) badges for one holiday every year. Or if it's not handled via the badges, how would you view and access each new year of fort, etc? 

Edited by schenanigans

9 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

I'm not opposed to this idea but it seems like a lot in terms of handling badges. We've had the tree/snow fort/etc for the past few years now. Last year's Holiday badge leads to the cookies - and I'm glad that they do, I prefer it that way. How would you handle being able to see last year's fort too? I really doubt we will be getting 5+ (tree, wreath, fort, house, and then new event) badges for one holiday every year. Or if it's not handled via the badges, how would you view and access each new year of fort, etc? 

What if the badges were similar to the Egg Basket badge?

https://dragcave.net/easter

Example: we have one badge for tree decorating, and it is separated by year, with a banner for each year.  It would look similar to our egg basket, where we have banners separating each year and we can see the eggs we collected for that year.  Same for wreath decorating, Snow Wars, etc.  Wreath Decorating, Tree Decorating, and Gingerbread House already have their own badges, so the only thing that would be needed would be to add banners for each year. 

6 minutes ago, missy_ said:

What if the badges were similar to the Egg Basket badge?

That'd be a great idea! It could also be done by year, like each year there is one 'holiday badge' and that leads to the tree/fort/etc that you did that year. 

I really don't see the badges as being a huge issue, honestly. We already have something very similar in the ToT and FoE, where every year is collapsed into one badge, I don't see why something like that wouldn't be possible here.

I would LOVE to be able to save old designs while also participating fully in the events and having fun redecorating. In the past I've deliberately missed out on certain parts of the event so I could keep my old design, which is a compromise I would love to *not* have to make. I've also saved screenshots in order to have my old designs preserved somewhere while also being able to re-decorate, but that's not ideal since it's not *in* the game. 

I will say, as someone who tried the Snow Fort thing and was immediately faced with forts a hundred times stronger than my tiny tent-and-cannon, it was a little overwhelming, and I sort of just gave up. It would be interesting if people were placed on a slightly more even footing each year. That said, I don't have a strong opinion about this.

I don't want to "own" multiples; I'd just like to play with an unsaveable blank every year. As an alternative - could we somehow be able to save the one we have made and revert to it at the end if we choose ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't want to "own" multiples; I'd just like to play with an unsaveable blank every year. As an alternative - could we somehow be able to save the one we have made and revert to it at the tend if we choose ?

Oh, this is a good alternative. TJ, would you consider something like this, if you don't want people to have 'multiples'? I'd be fine with having my old ones be the 'permanent' ones and just be able to play around without actually saving anything... I believe the tree and wreath already does something similar, you can move stuff around and totally re-decorate but have to click 'save' to actually save it, so maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to just let us play around without actually saving anything? (Thinking especially of Snow Wars here, as that has no 'save' option and any change you made is automatically 'saved'.)

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'd just like to play with an unsaveable blank every year. 

So much this.

I look at my old creations and take pride in what I was able to do with them back when the event(s) first happened and I don't want to destroy them as I check out new additions. I mean sure, I can take a screenshot but it's not quite the same as having the original.