AroaraAngelwolf

The Cursed

When she climbed into bed Void stopped attacking her dad and crawls into her mom's lap rolling over to show her belly with a big purr and a merp sound. Quadir looked offended. "Oh I see how this is! Little pest. " He grumbles. "Get over here!" He said scooping Void up from his wife's lap and held her like a baby in his arms. Void resisted at first then stopped when she released it was futile as  Quadir settled down and started to read. 

"I missed you as well," she said to Void with a smile when she came over to her after attacking Quadir's hands before petting her a bit. She then giggled a bit when she heard what all the former said to Void before she laid down with Truffle laying on her chest.

Edited by SkySong278

He settled down in bed and read for a while. Once Alivia was asleep and the fire dimmed did he realize how late it was and blew out his candle and snuggled down after stoking the  fire a bit more. He snuggled with his wife whispering that he loves her dearly before falling asleep too.

Alivia fell asleep a little while or so later with Truffle still laying on her stomach/side when she turned slightly to be laying closer to him as he continued to read for a bit longer. After she felt him get out of bed, she snuggled a bit more under the covers to get a bit warmer before feeling him get back into bed afterward. She smiled a bit when she heard what he whispered to her and got comfy against him.

The next morning, she was still sleeping against him with Truffle now laying closer to her neck but more against the side of her shoulder. Her eyes opened a little while or so later, and she brushed her fingers gently over his cheek.

Quadir's eyes fluttered before opening. He blinked at her then smiled grabbing her hand and kissing her fingers then palm. "Good morning beautiful." 

"Good morning handsome," Alivia said in reply before moaning softly when she felt his kisses against both her fingers and palm. "So will be eating breakfast first before doing the winter prep and then going to visit your friend after we're done with the prep?"

Quadir nodded and yawned sitting up. "Got a bunch of things to do and check on so we better get going. You should wear pants today and boots. Want me to pick out your outfit darling?" He said getting up and heading to the wardrobe pulling out his outfit for the day then to her wardrobe pulling out her pants and blouse laying it on the bed for her. 

"Alright," Alivia said when she saw his nod and then said in reply to the rest of what he said and asked, "Okay and yes." She also sat up and rubbed her eyes a bit, standing up soon after when she saw him bring out a blouse and a pair of pants. She nodded in thanks to him doing that before getting dressed in them soon after.

"Guessing we'll be eating in the dining room? I can meet you down there if so," she asked and said while getting a pair of boots out of the closet and putting them on soon after before heading somewhat out into the hallway outside their room.

"Yes we are. And ask Donna to tell the stable hand to have our horses ready, the grain silos are in the other side of the city." He called after her pulling on a dull color and grabbing his mask out of habit at this point, hesitating briefly before slipping it on his head, leaving his face uncovered so he can eat breakfast. 

He joined her shortly after getting Void in a vest of her choice and letting her down into the crypt to bug John and catch mice. 

“Alright and will do my love,” she said in reply before heading downstairs to the dining room. She waved Donna over after she was sitting down and told her to ask the stablehand to prep both her and Quadir's horses so that they could head straight to the grain silos after they were done eating. Donna nodded and went off to do what she was told and Alivia watched her go before her attention went to being on Quadir as he joined her soon after, smiling at him in greeting while doing so.

“Guessing the mask is for intimidating any other monsters we might come across later on the way to visit your friend?” she asked before their breakfast came out and was set in front of each of them.

"Yes and no. I grabbed it out of habit and remembered I didn't need it, however I don't like traveling without it anymore since everyone stairs at me and I only want you to look at me. " He said as he started to eat his meal. 

Once finished he went with her and helped her on storm before getting on Lilith and headed through the city to the grain silos and food wearhouses. The street cats where in full force around them. "This is why I don't have people harm the cats, they make sure the food stores have no vermin issues and the dogs keep the foxes away from the cats and chickens." He said waving to large coops where a few stray dogs lay in the sun, one having a bunch of chicks around him. 

“Oh, okay. I guess it's a hard habit to break then due to you doing it for so ling and oh um right,” she said in reply with a light blush on her cheeks for both forgetting that was the reason and for just being a bit shy.

After she finished her own food, she went outside with him to where their horses were ready and nodded in thanks to him helping her up onto Storm's back before following him to where both the grain silos and food warehouses were. “Ah okay that makes sense. Them being around is very helpful. Would they let us pet them or are they too weary around people to allow that?” she said and asked in reply as she looked around at all the cats that were there and the dog in the field with chicks around him.

"Yes, they are the same ones that live in the cat trees around town. The dog might, but I'm not entirely sure. I like cats a bit more then dogs- hey! Off..." He said as he stopped to dismount and a stray leped onto his saddle. "Honey, you got to get down, no.. no I'm busy down... Off!" He said to the animal softly trying to nudge her off. The orange cat refuses and instead swats at him. "Honey, no... Stop it... I'm going to get the once over from my kitties if I pet you, Lilith help." The horse shook herself then bent her front legs making the cat jump off then righted herself again as Quadir finally dismounted and headed to the farm owner who had came out to greet them.

“Ah okay and I understand. Alright," she said in reply before emitting a small giggle when one of the cats that was orange in color jumped up onto Quadir's saddle and he tried to get it off. She then giggled a bit more at their exchange until he asked Lilith to help. She then watched the cat jump down after Lilith had bent over for it to do so and then also dismounted shortly after he did, also walking over to the farm owner. She smiled in greeting at him when she caught up with Quadir, but didn't say anything as she looked around again.

"My lord and lady! Come to see how the hens are doing?" The farmer said with a proud smile. "Me and the misses have split the hens from the egg layers and the ones to old to produce anymore. The older ones  and males are getting the best grain to fatten them up and the younger ladies are in a warm coop to keep them going through the winter, however the light stone and heat stones we use in the coops are going out. The other two farmers sent me theirs to get them exchanged for new ones too. " The farmer said sadly as he walked into the coop in question showing a weak light stone and a red stone that did little to keep the chill away so all the hens where nearly piled on one another and where scattered around in small groups of three or four around the large coop. 

Quadir looked at Alivia with a head tilt. "Do you think you can fix them? "

Alivia smiled back at the farmer when he saw the smile directed at them before listening to everything he said, following after both him and Quadir as he led them to where the chickens were afterward. Her frown then faded a bit when she heard what he said regarding the light and heat stones they had starting to go out and not working much anymore while following them into the coop that he mentioned.

“Um I can try, but I've never fixed a witches stone before. I've only replaced ones that were starting to go out which were the ones in the tunnel," she said in reply a bit hesitantly to Quadir's question as she walked a bit closer to the stones. She picked up the light one, held it between both hands for a little while, and it got brighter which was a bit of a shock to her due to her not expecting that to work. She thought maybe it had something to do with her being the deity's daughter that maybe she was now able to do that.

She then put it back where it needed to go before trying the same thing with the heat one, but was more careful with it so she wouldn't burn her hands. When it started to get a bit warmer than it had been earlier, she set it back down again before walking back over to them. “I'm not sure how long those'll last but hopefully it'll be for the rest of the winter before they'll truly need to be replaced," she said to the farmer with a small smile.

The farmer had a look of both admiration and astoundment. "Incredible! I heard you where a witch, but couldn't believe it. Thank you so much my lady! I'll inform the other farmers to replace their stones. You think you can make new ones for them? They are just crystals now " he said pulling out four plain crystals two slightly tinted yellow and two slightly pink. 

Quadir nodded. "Indeed she is incredible.  I'll see if I can acquire more crystals to make up for these ones.  How's the grain? " "Grain is good. Grey's farm could use a few more bags, he's got new chicks needing to be fed. Maybe eight more bags of feed and some eggshells and mealworm mix. Cows outside are doing good, the mountains beasts are polite and don't hurt them, the cat nip offerings help too. " He informed them Quadir pulling out a notepad and writing down the things needed to check. 

“You're quite welcome, and oh. I can certainly try to make them new witches stones of those crystals," she said in reply before taking them from him before listening to the conversation between both him and Quadir afterward.

She blushed a bit when she heard the latter say that she was incredible, but then just mainly focused on what the needs of the other farmer nearby was as her love made notes of what they were while willing the blush to fade somewhat so that it wasn't too noticeable.

"The green houses have plenty of catnip growing and the Lady and I are thinking about growing a field of silver vine in the new piece of land we acquired so the offerings to the mountain beasts are better too.  Is that everything here?" Quadir inquired and the farmer nodded and headed back out to where their horses were.  "Oh dear, honey! Seriously? " Quadir looked defeated as, once again the orange cat was on Lilith's saddle cleaning herself contently.

The farmer chuckled and patted his shoulder and the cat dutifully lept to his shoulder. "Sorry bout that. Honey buns likes to survey her land. Sometimes she gets stuck or chases a rooster from his perch." He said as the cat head-butted him affectionetly. "A sassy lady she is.  Off to check the mines now my lord?" He asked as Quadir helped his wife on her horse before mounting his, nodding at the farmer's question. "And the orchards just before the gorge.  I don't doubt my father-in-law's protection, but a blight has affected one of the crops we ship in. I want to check to see if the trees they sent me where also affected by the blight. " He stated resulting in a quizzical head tilt from the farmer. 

"Oh, the deity.  He adopted my wife, and when I married her became my father-in-law. " Quadir clarified. The farmer looked a little shocked. "Just when I think I got used to the strangeness 'round here somethin else pops up. I heard 'bout your curse being broken but not that fact! Next festival, I'll be bringing my wife's famous Honey buns and a jar of honey from our bees. That witch you got working with her helps her in the bakery immensely! The Mrs is less tired coming home. Thanks for your time my Lord and Lady!" He said with a grin and waved as they rode off. 

Alivia listened intently to everything that Quadir said next to the farmer before she walked back out with them to where they left their horses, hiding a giggle and small smile behind her hand when she saw that the orange cat was once again on Lilith's saddle and heard what the former said and asked in a defeated way. “Seems like she is,” she said in reply to what the farmer said regarding the cat being a sassy lady with a smile and after she had composed herself from giggling.

She then nodded thankfully to Quadir helping her back up onto Storm's saddle before hearing the rest of the conversation between him and the farmer. She then got a bit concerned, her expression matching that feeling soon after feeling it, when she heard the bit about a blight possibly affecting some of the crop near the mines. She hoped that it wasn't too serious, and there was still time to get it under control if it hadn't spread too far.

“I look forward to trying those,” she said in reply to what the farmer said about what they'd be having at the next festival before they rode towards the mines and fields.

"It won't be the first time someone sent me diseased trees, but with the horns about I don't want to take any chances. Typically they are quarantined until a blessing cleanses them just before snowfall so they remain strong and healthy throughout the winter but food is important now and that the land expanded, there'll be more mouths to feed then last year.  I need to make sure that the wargs haven't moved into certain tunnels they dig during the winter months. Crystals are needed desperately for witch stones and we have the largest quartz mine in the country." He explained as they rode out of the city and to the orchard.

“Oh, okay. I hope they'll be okay then, and there's nothing wrong with them. Alright. What do those look like? I don't think I've ever seen them," she said and asked in reply as they headed to the orchard and also as she looked around at everything they passed to remember where it all was in case she happened to come out here on her own to check on things.

"Wargs look like a hyena and wolf had a baby together and fed it growth hormones. Muscular beasts that have massive shoulders and front legs to dig into the earth. They're typically darker in color, mostly rust, browns and deep grey some with spots or stripes on them. Their eye glow like lamps in the dark, and they make mazes in the tunnels to trap prey and confuse predators. They are intelligent, able to remember the path they make even if they are blinded. Miners run into them and winter is their breeding season, since animals like bears and goats and other things move into the caves to escape the cold, they have more food available to breed. " He explained as they rode into a apple orchard.  

He followed a path to a small house next to a large glass building that was covered inside with greenery. It looked like a large two story house, some parts of it where brick, others where large glass windows two panes thick and every window seen was covered with some kind of greenery. 

He dismounted and headed to a smaller greenhouse next to the larger one where a couple of women where inside pruning the plants inside. He knocked on one of the windows and one lady left, came over to them and removed her overalls in a separate area before the door and washed her hands before leaving the greenhouse. "The new oranges you ordered have arrived with several of them infested with mites, Ava got the tomatoes but they had a fungus on them and also in quarantine.... Strawberry plants are good and healthy, and the plants we obtained from the Cani over the mountains are expertly tended too. Some apple tree saplings got root rot... May I speak frankly my Lord?" She says softly.

Quadir nodded making a list of things wrong. "Of course you may Nami. Oh, Nami is the mother of our head maid and Gardener, Carlos." "Step mother, I married his father when I was still young... And probably only a decade older then both of you.  Anyways, it seems like the plants that arrived from other territories that we are not on the best of terms on....well....they seem to have been tampered with. " Quadir pinched his nose and took a deep breath in, then a long drawn out sigh. "Wife.... Are you thinking of whom I'm thinking of? Seriously...... Attacking food sources is a very low blow. "

“Oh. It sounds like they're really ugly. Do they attack humans at all if we don't stay away from them or get too close to them?” she said and asked in reply to the rest of the statements he said before hearing everything else he said of when their beating season was as well as the minors starting away from them as they rode to the closest orchard.

She dismounted as well after they arrived at  what looked to be a two-story house that had plants growing up the sides of it that she thought was really cute and followed him to the smaller glass building beside it as he knocked on the window. She smiled at the lady that had gotten up to greet them at the door before following both him and her inside when they were invited to do so.

She then looked around at everything that was there as they talked and heard what plants had something wrong with them as well as the ones that were okay before turning her attention to be back on him as he both introduced her to the lady and heard his questions afterward of who he was thinking had done the tampering.

“It's nice to meet you, Nami. I'm Alivia,” she said with a smile as she briefly looked over at her before having her attention go back to being on Quadir afterward. “Are you thinking Gunther, Evens, and Andrew or the villagers that left behind Evens? I agree,” she asked and said in reply before letting out a small huff.

Edited by SkySong278

"Evens has no more power, and his curse would keep him from ordering others around, they'll be to scared of him. Andrew is under strict watch but Gunther isn't. That socialite definitely would tamper with our food. I didn't think about the villagers that left with Evens .... You knew them best, would they really retaliate by sending me bad crops? Hmmm.... How do other Lords prepare for winter? Do they stalk pile food for themselves? Our meals in the castle are going to be simpler so the people who need more nutrients like the elderly, children, and those whom are barring children can have access to more food during the winter." He paused and frowned. "I know I do things differently but.... Do other Lords not care about their people? " He said looking concerned.