Sketch

Trade Hub "Information/Rules" Page

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No - asking for "a 2gen Saltkin" covers a LOADS of possibilities. Asking for one from - say M e t e o r  is not OK and would be directed at one person. I would be very sorry if we couldn't ask for general things like that - I collect multigen salts and I am doing very well in the hub - I would be screwed if I couldn't' ask for those, or pick up on trades offering them. And peeopl on forum ask as well - and all the info IS there.

What about CB and the like ? People ask about that too,, and "3rd gen even" and "hybrid"....

I'll admit I have no idea what you're answering right now haha. I was saying that the phrasing you quoted covers not asking for specific 2g salts/thuweds, or anything specific really. Asking for any of them them in general is okay as has already been established. It sounded like you disagreed with that rephrasing, while I think it covers the existing rules just fine. 

Personally, whether the terms salts and thuweds are included in the rules doesn't matter to me, as long as they are clearly stated. 

In other news, a MASSIVE thanks to purpledragonclaw for answering about the forums, groups etc!

Edited by MissK.

Great - so now we have (posting the whole lot as a lump, so that bits don't get missed:

Trading hub rules include, but are not limited by, the following:

- Describe what you want and/or what you're offering.

- Do not ask for a specific code, a specific 2g SAlt or 2g Thuwed, or an auto-abandoned egg/hatchling. [Linked to definitions ?]

- Do not direct others off-site. Mentioning DC forum name and/or group numbers are allowed.

- Do not ask for or offer IOU's or offer something you don't currently own.

- Do not use offensive language or insult or harass another player. (To me this includes hate speech, but that can be added).

Trades must be completed in one teleport - combining trades is not allowed.

Warning: Use of the trading hub against stated rules may result in disciplinary actions, including loss of ability to create public trades. For more information on trading rules, go to [link to expanded rules]. (can change to "It's your responsibility to read the following information on rules: [link]" or something more direct like that)

For the second rule, I would pluralize that to "auto-abandoned eggs/hatchlings" in the case of multi-clutches being abandoned.

For the fourth rule, you can simplify it further. "IOUs are not allowed, as asks or offers."

For the fifth one, hate speech is offensive language, and should be obvious without additional clarification.

Should it just say abandoned eggs/hatchlings instead of auto-abandoned? You can't ask for something back even if you mistakenly or intentionally abandoned it, either. Just for the sake of clarity.

Posted (edited)

Thank you again, purpledragonclaw!

16 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Should it just say abandoned eggs/hatchlings instead of auto-abandoned? You can't ask for something back even if you mistakenly or intentionally abandoned it, either. Just for the sake of clarity.

I wondered about this too, forgot to address it.  This seems like a reasonable correction to add.

- Describe what you want and/or what you're offering.

- Do not ask for a specific code, a specific 2g SAlt or 2g Thuwed, or abandoned eggs/hatchlings. [Linked to definitions ?]

- Do not direct others off-site. Mentioning DC forum name and/or group numbers are allowed.

- Do not use offensive language or insult or harass another player. 

Warning: Use of the trading hub against stated rules may result in disciplinary actions, including loss of ability to create public trades.   It's your responsibility to read the following information on rules: [link to expanded rules].

I also re-worked the last part.  On the IOU section, the part saying "or offer something you don't own" was suggested by Kaini, I believe.  I'll have to think about changing the IOU words while keeping the second part.  In order to keep things concise, I would prefer not to break that into two lines.

The only part I feel is really up in the air is the mention of SAlts/Thuweds.

Edited by laevsk
Multiple typoes

1 minute ago, laevsk said:

The only part I feel is really up in the air is the mention of SAlts/Thuweds.

These terms in the rules are going to be a hard no, mark me. It needs to be simplified to just no asking for specific eggs/hatchlings or something. 

Perhaps "a specific dragon's offspring" instead of 2g Salts/Thuweds?

- Do not ask for a specific code, a specific dragon's [creature's?] offspring, or abandoned eggs/hatchlings.

2 minutes ago, Kaini said:

These terms in the rules are going to be a hard no, mark me. It needs to be simplified to just no asking for specific eggs/hatchlings or something. 

Personally I think this is missing out on a great opportunity to make things extremely clear, but the mod has spoken.

- Describe what you want and/or what you're offering.

no asking for specific eggs/hatchlings or something. 

- Do not direct others off-site. Mentioning DC forum name and/or group numbers are allowed.

- Do not use offensive language or insult or harass another player. 

Warning: Use of the trading hub against stated rules may result in disciplinary actions, including loss of ability to create public trades.   It's your responsibility to read the following information on rules: [link to expanded rules].

13 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

- Do not ask for a specific code, a specific dragon's [creature's?] offspring, or abandoned eggs/hatchlings.

This seems like a good all encompassing way of putting it, yes. 

10 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

This works.

I stepped away to cook dinner but I was thinking about it and maybe this would be even more clear and remove the need to mention (auto) abandoned things.

- Do not ask for a specific code or a specific dragon's [creature's?] offspring, including your own.

Just now, TJ09 said:

fun. it's working for me, but let me try reuploading.

I see it now

thx TJ this update definitely looks like it will make things more transparent. ty to the team for working this out

10 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

With the next site update, the following changes will go live:

Everyone must explicitly confirm they have read and are aware of the rules for trading messages before adding a message to a trade.

image.png

The help page explaining the rules for trading messages will include additional examples, covering "things outside of a single trade" (IOUs) and "offspring of specific dragons."

The duration of violations of the message rules will be changed. This change should apply retroactively to everyone

• First violation: 1 day trading ban
  • Second violation: 7 day trading ban
  • Third violation: 30 day trading ban (Previously: permanent trading ban)
  • Further violations: 90 day trading ban (Previously: not possible)

Mods or myself may still choose to explicitly enact a permanent ban in response to abuse of the trading hub, but this will be a separate action from the above escalation path.

Thank you for taking everyone’s feedback into consideration. Will previously permanently banned people have their bans revoked/revised to reflect this new change? 

1 minute ago, Bambi said:

Thank you for taking everyone’s feedback into consideration. Will previously permanently banned people have their bans revoked/revised to reflect this new change? 

Yes, the change to ban durations is retroactive.

omg thank you TJ for addressing this thread. The image (mock up? or maybe it's real xD) is definitely better than what we had before and having user click they've read the rules before creating makes total sense, and glad to see longer time ban instead of permanent ones!

Thank you all so much for coming together to get this addressed and figured out! 💙 I'm really looking forward to seeing this go live. 🥰
Thank you to moderators and TJ for listening and working with us to get this mess cleared up so we can all move forward together with a better understanding of the site. 🤍

thank you Mod Team and TJ for listening. we appreciate you working with us to make these improvements to the rules and warning system. 

and thanks everyone who fought for these positive changes ♡ 

Thank you Mod Team and TJ! We really appreciate the work you put in, and I'm glad these changes were implemented!