Kakaru_of_DOOM

Add Element Chart to "Elements" Encyclopaedia Page

I propose we extend the already-existent "elements" page in the encyclopaedia to include the chart that has shown up on the forums once or twice depicting the DragCave elemental symbols and colours.

The following image was posted by TJ himself on the "DC Lore AMA" thread:

elements_diagram_triangles_dotswspike.png

This is the diagram I hope to be added to the "elements" page in the encyclopaedia.

This will allow users to reference the symbols that have now appeared in more than one holiday special event. The diagram could be especially helpful for users who do not use the forum, and new users who have not seen the chart before. The element names in the latest event were not obvious (nor having the names pop up) for some users [1,2] who are on the forums. I suspect other users who are not on the forums have the same issue.

There is precedent to putting an image on a non-dragon encyclopaedia page: the "world" encyclopaedia page has a copy of the map of the continent of Garlsreim.

Adding the existing mana chart to the encyclopaedia seems like an easy way to make this and future events more enjoyable for more individuals.

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM
Found and added diagram; reference.

I don't really care either way, but the 'elemental charts' users have posted/gathered are not DC-canon. Holiday Events themselves are expressly *not* DC-canon (as TJ has said multiple times). These element symbols are not used in any other section/part of the site other than the limited Events, and if I'm remembering correctly this v-day event is the first time we've ever seen some of them. So while I'm not necessarily against this suggestion I'm not sure how useful or helpful it would actually be (especially outside of the very limited holiday games).

I think it would be nice to include this even just for lore expansion. It wouldn’t alter anything from canon, so I see no reason to avoid it for those reasons. 

Edited by Niyaka

I'm not sure - they are - as they have been used - only part of the events, so I don't think they really have a place in the encyclopaedia. They are nothing to do with the dragons and their lore.

21 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not sure - they are - as they have been used - only part of the events, so I don't think they really have a place in the encyclopaedia. They are nothing to do with the dragons and their lore.

We have a whole page in the encyclopedia dedicated to the elements -- how is including a visual key irrelevant to lore? Especially when dragons are assigned elemental affinities. It's like saying the world map is nothing to do with lore. Sure it's not necessary but it's a nice visualization.

Well, I would like to add this here:

Please also see the post below the linked one. Considering that this is posted by TJ himself in the DC Lore thread, I would suspect that the same thing can be added somewhere on-site for non-forum players, just so they know what on Galsreim they are playing with during holiday events.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't really care either way, but the 'elemental charts' users have posted/gathered are not DC-canon. Holiday Events themselves are expressly *not* DC-canon (as TJ has said multiple times). These element symbols are not used in any other section/part of the site other than the limited Events, and if I'm remembering correctly this v-day event is the first time we've ever seen some of them. So while I'm not necessarily against this suggestion I'm not sure how useful or helpful it would actually be (especially outside of the very limited holiday games).

The elements and their symbols appeared in the "Mana Alchemy" game for the advent calendar christmas events, and possibly other places I wasn't here for or can't remember off the top of my head. Also, as Niyaka said, the dragons we interact with are aligned to these elements, and the breeding of GoN/Avatars are determined by these same elements.

59 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Please also see the post below the linked one. Considering that this is posted by TJ himself in the DC Lore thread, I would suspect that the same thing can be added somewhere on-site for non-forum players, just so they know what on Galsreim they are playing with during holiday events.

For some reason this link is taking me to page 1 of the thread rather than the post you're trying to reference. This motivated my to go through the A few zillion pages of the AMA thread to find where TJ posted the official (as far as I can tell) version of the element chart:

elements_diagram_triangles_dotswspike.png

If this link doesn't work properly for anyone, the post I'm referencing is about halfway down page 29 of the AMA thread.

I'm going to put the picture into my first post.

11 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

For some reason this link is taking me to page 1 of the thread rather than the post you're trying to reference.

Don't click the thread title. Click the "TJ09 replied to a topic" or the arrow on the top right corner.

I'd like to mention that since TJ posted it in the lore thread it's safe to say it's canon enough to be relevant to the site.

Support.