Moriaty

New Valentine game!

11 hours ago, mycelas said:

There's nothing dividing the elements in the wheel on mine.  I see the 3 different colors but there's nothing dividing them, one simply ends and the next starts.

(shrugs)

I have the same problem - both on my desktop computer and on my iPhone. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this. :)

12 hours ago, Dinala1641882 said:

If you just want the badge, you can try to use one of the spells that doesn't require you to drag things.

Unfortunately, this appears to be impossible. :( I have successfully performed all the spells that require no dragging whatsoever, and I have not received the badge. It looks like it is mandatory to provide the customer in A Bouquet of Choices with the exact thing that they want, and unfortunately that involves using a spell that requires dragging.

35 minutes ago, Duysterwald said:

Unfortunately, this appears to be impossible. :( I have successfully performed all the spells that require no dragging whatsoever, and I have not received the badge. It looks like it is mandatory to provide the customer in A Bouquet of Choices with the exact thing that they want, and unfortunately that involves using a spell that requires dragging.

Aww that sucks. I hope you do manage to get it to work for you.

Can anyone give me light, subtle hints on solutions for Story 2? I have 3 of 6 but I'm stumped on the others!

Spoiler

I've already used death, heal, and courage!

Edit: Just found a 4th one! I'm charmed. ;) But hints for the other two would be appreciated!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

10 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Can anyone give me light, subtle hints on solutions for Story 2? I have 3 of 6 but I'm stumped on the others!

Hide contents

I've already used death, heal, and courage!

Edit: Just found a 4th one! I'm charmed. ;) But hints for the other two would be appreciated!

a spell that is the best way to sneak into a place and a classic fairytale spell.

10 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

a spell that is the best way to sneak into a place and a classic fairytale spell.

Pffffft, got the second one in a hurry. Thank you! XD

Now to fool around with the first one...

19 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

Hm! Can I ask for another hint? For sneaking I tried 

Spoiler

a variety of things I thought would conjure invisibility (change with wind / light, change with dark, change life dark, yadda yadda), and a few "move like a shadow" type things, but either I'm missing the mark somewhere or I'm way off base.

Edit: OHO! Never mind, got it! Thank for the hints, exactly the level of subtle but useful I needed :D ❤️ 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

16 hours ago, mycelas said:

There's nothing dividing the elements in the wheel on mine.  I see the 3 different colors but there's nothing dividing them, one simply ends and the next starts.

(shrugs)

I had the exact same problem. I tried switching from Pale Moon to Opera and it made the dividers appear, but now the annoying un-killable tooltips block the top divider, so you can't actually click it to drag it around. The other two are accessible, though, so you can still cast spells.

1 minute ago, Deixis said:

I had the exact same problem. I tried switching from Pale Moon to Opera and it made the dividers appear, but now the annoying un-killable tooltips block the top divider, so you can't actually click it to drag it around. The other two are accessible, though, so you can still cast spells.

I don't think the top divider is draggable, whether the box is there or not - but yes, since there are at most three elements, two dividers are enough to make any proportion possible

4 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Hm! Can I ask for another hint? For sneaking I tried 

Reveal hidden contents

a variety of things I thought would conjure invisibility (change with wind / light, change with dark, change life dark, yadda yadda), and a few "move like a shadow" type things, but either I'm missing the mark somewhere or I'm way off base.

Edit: OHO! Never mind, got it! Thank for the hints, exactly the level of subtle but useful I needed :D ❤️ 

Happy to have helped. I had hoped they would be just the right level.

Would have given you another hint, but I was away eating sweets.

Edit: How is this for a hint?

You can't be seen in light nor dark. You blend in with the air.

Or

You're a bit of both the light and darkness but mostly seem to be of the air around you.

Edited by Dinala1641882

How are we meant to find out all the spells apart from testing lots of different combinations or using this guide? And how do we know which ones to use in the situations other than trial and error? Am I missing something?

32 minutes ago, Diamondinmyeye said:

Turn into Frog is also a bad ending for "Three Heads are better than Two."

So's Darkness and Banish

Edited by Ladywizard

If anyone needs a straight-up spell list for the stories tonight:

Thunderbolts and Lightning:

Spoiler

Perception, Zap, Courage

And a list for Three Heads:

Spoiler

Invisibility, Make Atrocious, Teleport

And the spells for A Sore Spot (the most obvious one notwithstanding lol):

Spoiler

Healing, Conjure Plant, Freeze

With too many non-working spells to name.

Edited by gotw3
added a spell x3

Think herbal tea also for Sore Spot and how do you take down swelling

Edited by Ladywizard

26 minutes ago, DehydratedWater said:

How are we meant to find out all the spells apart from testing lots of different combinations or using this guide? And how do we know which ones to use in the situations other than trial and error? Am I missing something?

testing, trial and error! You can redo each scenario as many times as you want so experiment to your heart's content. The game actually shows how many good endings there are for each one after you find the first solution, encouraging you to go back and try for more. :)

45 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

testing, trial and error! You can redo each scenario as many times as you want so experiment to your heart's content. The game actually shows how many good endings there are for each one after you find the first solution, encouraging you to go back and try for more. :)

Doing it without any guide would be painful trying to find out all the spells that exist. I feel like there should be a better way to let the player find them out other than trying all the combinations and moving the sliders around for each one.

I got pictures for all the spells for those who are more visually oriented. : >

Animate, Banish, Charm

Conjure Plant, Courage, Darkness

DeathDuplicate, Enlarge

Fireball, Forget, Freeze

GrowthHeal, Invisibility

Make Atrocious, Make DeliciousPerception,

PrecognitionRepairResurrection,

ShrinkSummon Storm, Teleport,

TransformTurn Into Frog, Zap

(Updated 20/02/2021)

Edited by Xathoa

5 hours ago, DehydratedWater said:

Doing it without any guide would be painful trying to find out all the spells that exist. I feel like there should be a better way to let the player find them out other than trying all the combinations and moving the sliders around for each one.

Some of them were logical to me, like Summon Storm is one I came up with on my own, as well as Perception and Resurrection. Also, when you throw in the elements, the squiggly lines glow if that particular combination has any spells that can come out of it, so you don't have to go through the sliders unless you see that it's a glowy combination.

4 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

Some of them were logical to me, like Summon Storm is one I came up with on my own, as well as Perception and Resurrection. Also, when you throw in the elements, the squiggly lines glow if that particular combination has any spells that can come out of it, so you don't have to go through the sliders unless you see that it's a glowy combination.

I know the game SAID things would glow brighter when close to working, but I didn't realize exactly what I was looking for until you said that! Thanks, makes life much easier :D 

I checked all single, double, and triple spell combos, and unless I messed up somehow the list in the start of this thread contains all spells! 👍