TJ09

2020-10-02 - Trick or Treat Event Submissions

On 10/15/2020 at 11:05 PM, wobster109 said:

Fancy! I’ll have to give those a try. I’m in MS Paint because I’m stuck in the 90s 😆

If you want, you can try piskelapp! You don't even need to donwload anything and piskel has some nice features like a layer system and also it's easy to animate

I've used MS Paint for every event submission. It has all the functionality you need to make sprites like this, so there's nothing at all wrong with using it. Honestly I prefer it since it's simple and not packed with distracting features.

6 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

I've used MS Paint for every event submission. It has all the functionality you need to make sprites like this, so there's nothing at all wrong with using it. Honestly I prefer it since it's simple and not packed with distracting features.

How do you do transparency in it though?

4 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

you don't, I use MS Paint for all my pixel art and then I put it into a program like FireAlpaca to get transparency.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:36 PM, MessengerDragon said:

Yeah, I use other software for that. Which I'll be honest, isn't the best, but it's not too much of a hassel.

If I had to guess I’d say 11:59 pm EDT, since DC uses eastern time for releases. But don’t wait! The sooner the better! Get it in now if you can! (I’m just a random forum person so this is a total guess.)

2 hours ago, MiuNya said:

Hi, I submitted something this year everyone, hope its chosen :)

Hope it was in time, good luck!

11 hours ago, sashomarine said:

Hope it was in time, good luck!

Thank you, I actually submitted a few days ago but just thought to reply now while I checked for any updates ^_^ ❤️

On 10/5/2020 at 7:17 AM, spatio said:

Yes, so to clarify how to upload and PM an image if you do not use a separate hosting site (sta.sh, imgur, etc.) in case anyone is new at this and still confused:

1.) Go to "Account Settings" and click "Edit Profile"

2.) Scroll down to the "Notepad" section under the "Private" header

3.) Upload your treat sprite using the "choose files" link and click "Save."  This will add your treat to your uploaded images.

4.) Go to "My Attachments"

image.png.e3b66eff3b7f456981e8c3033c9ab863.png

5.) Click on the image (NOT the file name, this will just redownload it to your device).  When it opens a pop-up, click the image again.  This will open your image in a new tab.

6.) Use the address of the newly opened tab as your URL for inserting into a PM.

Good luck and have fun!

For some reason this does not give me any options. I guess soon I’ll just have to pay for hosting because even imgur isn’t working for me for some reason

1 hour ago, Rekha said:

For some reason this does not give me any options.

Wait, what sort of "no options" do you mean?  Can you upload a picture of what you're seeing?

@Rekha first follow the steps before that. Go to account settings, then edit profile, then notepad, then upload using choose files. After you’ve done those steps, then your My Attachments page won’t be empty anymore.

995BE838-C465-4118-8FF1-40AF988B40E0.jpeg

5467FC2F-1087-4955-8E4C-1BCA129FB1DE.jpeg

Edited by wobster109
Add images