Shadowdrake

Offer on multiple trades

Bumping this with support.

...Also, I dunno if it's different enough to warrant it's own topic, but the ability to have a dragon both up for trade by you and that you offer on other trades would be nice.   Yes you can always cancel your trade to try and offer on somebody else's, but that means that if you had a post in the forum then you have to edit it to remove the link and ask people to DM you if they're interested and those trades can sit for ages sometimes...

Bumping to support. 

If restrictions are needed to avoid spam trading, I'd be fine with even offering up to 3 trades max.

Full support; I would love to be able to have the flexibility to be able to offer on multiple interesting trades rather than try to deliberate which one has the best chance of success and hope I didn't choose wrong, even if there ends up being a maximum limit on how many trades something can be offered on simultaneously due to potential processing issues.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:59 PM, KageSora said:

Bumping this with support.

...Also, I dunno if it's different enough to warrant it's own topic, but the ability to have a dragon both up for trade by you and that you offer on other trades would be nice.   Yes you can always cancel your trade to try and offer on somebody else's, but that means that if you had a post in the forum then you have to edit it to remove the link and ask people to DM you if they're interested and those trades can sit for ages sometimes...

100% this; when I only have so much time before eggs/hatchies either hatch or grow up, every hour an offer is sitting in a pending trade is an hour I can't advertise it in the trading hub, limiting the chances of a successful trade. Being able to offer on someone else's trade while maintaining my own trade rather than having to cancel/repost over and over would be so much more convenient.

The way things are now, the person may accept the offer and everything's great, but they might also accept a different offer or outright decline, meaning I now have to repost the trade and have less time to try and find a good offer; they could also forget about the trade and the timers continue ticking down until something grows up/dies and auto-cancels the trade, meaning I either have less time to find an offer or I now have to go hunt down a new egg(s) because I ran out of time.

Full support for this or the ability to offer on multiple trades -- the trading hub could use some sort of update 

Support! 

Support. I don't offer on many trades, but I do feel this would be immensely helpful for those who do.

I’m fine with the option to offer on multiple, but would then like there to be a notion on the dragons already in another trade.

I might not wish to offer double, (or having to check which one is offered, if I have two of the same.)

I’m also generally against the idea of ranking the trades if you offer on multiple, as I can’t see any handling that won’t cause further delays. If you offer on multiple, you run the risk of the one you like the least accepting the offer first.

A limit on how many offers you can make in total should also be in place, to prevent people from offering on every single trade in hope of luck or a missclick.

Support. I don't like having to pick one trade to offer on, only to be declined the next day (if ever, that is). Ability to offer on multiple trades will help incentivize people like me to offer on trades a little more than simply making our own trades.

I agree that it's reasonable to have a certain limit on how many trades one can offer on at a time per dragon. The main trading hub page might get busy/confusing with a bunch of different pending offers that I think a separate page dedicated to pending offers may preemptively help with the clutter, but we'll cross that bridge if/when we get to it.

Definitely support!

Many good points have been brought up here. Would be useful to have one's own trade up but still be able to offer it; Having a marking that the dragon is already in another trade as a reminder; Restriction to 3 or so trades would be okay.

But it should NOT introduce tiers/rankings of favorites. I don't even know how that would be feasibly implemented, and it just seems like grounds for chaos. "I accepted a trade, why didn't it work?!" Whichever trade goes off first is the right trade, that's it.

This would also help with my occasional chain-trading efforts (fulfilling several other people's trade wishes with other trades).

100% support. This would actually incentivize more people to use decline or accept trades they are interested in instead of waiting for long periods of time for something better that 'might' appear. Regardless, it would speed things up for sure.

Edited by Metafarers

I agree on this, I find the trade hub is frustrating to use and I often don't even bother because it's too much time when a trade is likely to not even be accepted or offered on unless it's something in high demand. We should be able to potentially offer an egg on a few different trades at once (of course with a limit)

As someone who seldom trades for this exact reason (i.e. lack of "freedom" per se) I'd love if we could offer the same thing on different trades! It'd make things much easier, I feel, as then I wouldn't have to limit myself to THE trade that I wanna offer (with the chance to not even have it accepted, too)