Shadowdrake

Offer on multiple trades

Currently, attempting to trade something is inflexible, particularly if you're trying to offer on other people's trades; you're only allowed to offer on one trade per item and one offer per trade. Traders are also forced to accept all or none, but since they can take in multiple offers they have some leeway.

I propose allowing offerers to offer the same dragon on multiple trades, with all other offers including that dragon being cancelled if one is accepted. This will a) make trading faster as people will be more likely to see offers they want, b) make trading easier for people who can only get on to offer infrequently or who can't make trades for various reasons, and c) help mitigate the stress of trading when dragons have a set time limit for being tradeable and space is a premium.

If trade spamming is a concern, then make it limited somewhere from 3 - 5 max so people still have to be choosy about what to offer on but have more flexibility on the trades they pick. If you want to keep a slight advantage for BSA users, then allow them to both make trades and still offer the same dragon on other people's trades.

I'm SURE there is a thread for this somewhere. I think I even started it.

Support.

There is; I did - and some others that are also relevant.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Support. I really believe that this would help speed up trading on both sides. There are multiple times where I would have liked to offer something on a trade, offer on the thing I want more, and get declined, so I have to go and offer on the other trade, and often this happens when I'm asleep and/or not playing. It makes the game easier when multiple people are in other time zones. It would also reduce the amount of annoying notifications people get from seeing an offer that happened while they were offline which was declined because the owner found a different trade to offer on.

Support!

Trading hub is largely used as 'put this up and wait for offers' and less 'hmm, let's see if someone allready posted what I want and go offer on them' so many people post, few offer on others (clear from the want A have B, want B have A posts on top of eachother).

Can't even count how many times I had a valuable egg that I wanted to offer to multiple people I'd be equally happy with and first accept gets it or keep my trade posted while also offering it.

Instead I have to wait 1d on a trade for that person to cancel not wanting it and all the other good ones gone long ago or the thing growing on me. Frustrating.

Support! Trading feels quite limited right now, expecially if the person you offered your dragons takes long to decide. 

Maybe we could even choose between "offer on another trade simultaneously - first come, first serve" and ranked offers (offer first on trade A, if trade A falls through, automatically resubmit offer on trade B).

Although, truth to be told, I have no idea how to make the 2nd one so simple nobody will misunderstand it. :( 

Support! This would also make it far less frustrating to wait for someone to decline or accept your offer. Sometimes people don't check their trades because they're busy (or keep waiting for a better offer to pop up), and your eggs end up sitting on a trade for 36 hours, while you cannot offer them anywhere else but don't want to cancel either.

Definite support. I'd also love to be able to put up multiple offers on one trade... Like, someone says '1 egg only' or something, but I have 2 that qualify for what they want, I'd love to be able to make 2 offers and they can decide which one (if either) they want. Just in general I'd love more options/flexibility in the Hub. 

That last is a very good point; I lost out on a trade the other day because they accepted - the other egg, form someone else, that I could have offered instead of the one I picked on.

Trading is a nightmare

I can't offer on trades because others don't react for 6h+

I can't initiate a trade because offerers don't wait even 1-2h, I keep coming back to outdated notifications and don't even know what was offered just becuase I'm an adult with adult duties:/

the fact we can only offer on 1 trade at once harms everyone, no matter which side of a trade one is on...

Edited by VixenDra

6 hours ? I've been left hanging for FAR longer than that  :lol: - and if it's something I really want, that's sort of OK. But it would be much better to have the greater flexibility of offering on more than one trade, or even more than one option on the same trade. ("Would my Gold do ? Would you rather have my silver ?")  As well as the option to accept only part of a trade.

I’d definitely like to be able to offer on multiple trades! There is so much potential for the trading hub, if we were only given a few more options in terms of how we can make our offers. (Partial trades, offer same dragon on multiple, etc.)

19 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

6 hours ? I've been left hanging for FAR longer than that  :lol: - and if it's something I really want, that's sort of OK. But it would be much better to have the greater flexibility of offering on more than one trade, or even more than one option on the same trade. ("Would my Gold do ? Would you rather have my silver ?")  As well as the option to accept only part of a trade.

6h+ also covers 12h+ and over. And the worst part is the initiator often doesn't accept in the end and I (or my cousin or bf) don't have enough time to trade the valuable thing left after like 2 attempts...

Edited by VixenDra

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yep. Two days or so. The trade was for an egg from a lineage that needed to be influenced. I was pretty much forced to withdraw my (generous) offer once the egg hit 3 days. Not nice.

*Bump*

I know that some people have RL issues that don't allow them to deal with little pixels every day, but it is extremely annoying if one hangs in a deal for way longer than 24 hours and just can't offer the egg/hatchie one has in there at the same time in another place.

I think being able to offer something on multiple trade (one could even limit this to, say, a maximum of three offers for one item if one doesn't want to make it unlimited, which I could understand, too), would absolutely speed up things as then one would have several options at once plus traders would have to react faster or they would risk the offerer accepting something else.

This is particularly sensible for holidays as there the availability of eggs is very time-limited and blocking a slot for a trade for two days or whatever is doubly annoying.

Indeed. I had offers moving around for the whole time pitties were available, in the hope of getting all I wanted...

Full support. I actually came into this forum today to suggest this. Something like: offer it on multiple trades, and whoever accepts first gets it, and it says for the other people that the offer was withdrawn.

Also full support for multiple different offers on the same trade.

Support! It's annoying being left hanging for days, and then getting declined. (And then missing other goodies I could've tried for)

Supported - for all of the above-mentioned reasons. This really would be an excellent addition to trading.

This is good. With offers already being removed from trades before one could even accept, adding this feature does not mean any much drawback to the current Trading Hub situation. That said, I also support this.

Full support for being able to offer the same egg/hatchie on multiple trades, but also being able to offer different things at the same time on the same trade.