Confused Cat

Link to lineages directly on trade hub

It would be nice if the eggs and hatchlings in trades linked directly to their lineages from the trade hub start page. Currently, they link to the trade, like the "[Username]'s Trade" text, and we only get the lineage links after clicking that and looking at the individual trade.

Lineages and codes are an important aspect of trades, and interesting trades could be identified more easily if it took fewer clicks to see them. Codes could even be checked without clicking anything.

If I remember correctly, it used to be this way when the trade hub was introduced. Which means there may have been a reason to change it, but to be honest I can't think of one.

(I've wanted to suggest this for a while, and was reminded of it by the shortening of the want text that appeared today. I guess I could just summarize my suggestions as "put as much information as possible on the trade hub start page so we don't have to click individual trades to find out if we're interested", but I hope making two threads for two different suggestions is okay.)

I like this idea. This would make it much faster to check if a lineage is what one is looking for and also whether an egg announced as CB is really CB.

Oh, and by the way - I suggest that there is an auto-conversion of a public trade link to a one-way transfer as soon as someone writes "for free" in the trade description... *grumbles*

20 minutes ago, Astreya said:

as soon as someone writes "for free" in the trade description

What if it's "good for freezing"? :D

2 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

It would be nice if the eggs and hatchlings in trades linked directly to their lineages from the trade hub start page.

Yes, please!

@Ruby Eyes

Hm... Good point. But if it's mainly good for freezing, it can as well be just for free :P

33 minutes ago, Astreya said:

I like this idea. This would make it much faster to check if a lineage is what one is looking for and also whether an egg announced as CB is really CB.

Oh, and by the way - I suggest that there is an auto-conversion of a public trade link to a one-way transfer as soon as someone writes "for free" in the trade description... *grumbles*

People have asked to be able to post one ways there and as they can't, it's the only option...

@Fuzzbucket

Actually I meant the "for frees" that say e.g. "Free X! Please offer Y."

OH - I've never seen one of those. I've seen "free for any hatchling...."

I support this. Sometimes I want to look at lineages before deciding if I want to offer.

Yes, please! This would be very helpful.

Yes Please!!! I actually remember this being talked about when the hub was first introduced. It really would make things so much easier, and imo a lot more intuitive. You see a trade, you click on the 'blanks' trade' text to go to that trade-page. You see an egg/hatchling, a *clickable* egg/hatchling, and it leads... To the exact same place. It honestly just doesn't make sense, especially in a game where clicking dragons usually takes you to a dragon-specific page.