TJ09

2020-03-17 - Festival of Eggs Submissions

40 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

I remembered I could get reference of egg outline and crack sequence. Where could we get them again?

Here's the eggo outline :) ddspzn8-1a549501-79cf-41df-8af9-442d4692

Best of luck to all who entered. (I once drew a cat for my niece.  It looked like a deformed pig...not entering again)  

3 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

What I'm actually looking for was standard cracking sequence tho...

You can find it here. :3

One of these years I'll actually make one. I might still try, I have a couple ideas bouncing around in here!

Good luck to everyone else!

Let's Get Egg-cited, and I hope lots of people at least considering a submission, because even if you don't get chosen, it is great that you want to get into the art stuff. There are lots of art helps and threads and such on the Site & Forums & Chat Stuffs. Can't wait to see all the lovely eggs, but I think everyone is always excited to see the newer emerging people too! Thanks for making our events great and if you aren't ready, or haven't even started learning the sprite and want to start learning, use this stuff as an inspiration to dive in, because there are so many nice people who are more than happy and gracious to help you out! So look around and go do it!

I've made a submission.

I'm excited to see what eggs end up in the event!

Edited by Cowfish249
omg I almost showed off my egg big oof

I would like so much if anyone can sprite an egg with a big golden crown on it. 

Corona means crown in my language. 

I like when the art if this site reflects something that is going on in real life aswell, remains for when we watch it in the future. 

6 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I would like so much if anyone can sprite an egg with a big golden crown on it. 

Corona means crown in my language. 

I like when the art if this site reflects something that is going on in real life aswell, remains for when we watch it in the future. 

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see an image of the virus as an egg sprite.  Something similar to this...Coronaviruscell.thumb.jpg.c6d5a6c07e8bde050b423e403ca0fd68.jpg

But I do believe this might be in bad taste, considering all the deaths and misery wrought by that virus.  Your idea of a crowned egg does seem very appropriate for DC, and it represents the meaning of this horrible event in a less dramatic way.  

PS.  Just an idea, maybe the "egg" could be either a skull or the DC tombstone sprite with a crown on it?  

Good luck to everyone going to participate!

Looking forward to find many eggs this year.

Wasn't planning to submit one this year, but I was struck with a spark of inspiration. Best of luck to everyone!

19 minutes ago, Elle_Belle said:

Are these still being accepted? I haven't gotten a response in a few days ^^;

From the first post:

All submissions must be sent via PM to @Event Art Submissions. The deadline for submissions is April 8.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:27 PM, Elle_Belle said:

Are these still being accepted? I haven't gotten a response in a few days ^^;

As I heard on last Halloween, it's mostly accepted when you didn't get reply :) 

48 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

As I heard on last Halloween, it's mostly accepted when you didn't get reply :) 

Everyone should have received a response at this point.

12 hours ago, Kaini said:

I have unfortunately received no word as to whether my (final and decided) submission was accepted or not. I did receive replies whenever there was a problem which I promptly attempted to fix, and for the last submission that I believe fixed said problems, I have received no reply. A similar thing was on Halloween, where I received absolutely no response to my submission (though I later saw it as one of the collectibles meaning that it was accepted).

On 4/7/2020 at 5:08 PM, Kaini said:

By response, do you mean everyone should now have received a pm thanking them for their submission, or are you saying that everyone should now have received a message telling them whether or not their submission has been accepted? I already got the pm acknowledging my submission, but have not received anything more just yet.

1 minute ago, sashomarine said:

By response, do you mean everyone should now have received a pm thanking them for their submission, or are you saying that everyone should now have received a message telling them whether or not their submission has been accepted? I already got the pm acknowledging my submission, but have not received anything more just yet.

The thank you, yes. Submissions could still be rejected for any reason, such as if it was submitted too late.