Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

My son in law died in his sleep last night. My  daughter is beside herself. His mother is freaking out. He did a lot of drugs, and alcohol. I wouldn't be surprised if he accidentally overdosed. He was 33 years old. Now she and I have both lost a husband from overdose. IF that's what it was. He was a millionaire. He didn't tell Jaymi until he was sure she was in love with him and not his money.  33 years old, had everything to live for. I guess drugs and booze isn't a respecter of persons. 😌

My condolences. That's very sad. 

Depression doesn't care who you are or how successful you  are. If you're depressed, no matter how good things look to others on the outside, the depression will convince you that you are an imposter and none of your success count.

People often turn to drugs and alcohol for a fast fix for emotional problems, trauma and abuse in their past. Alcohol/street drugs give you relief in minutes if not immediately while antidepressants/antianxiety prescriptions often are a slow accumulative effect that takes weeks (and you have to explain why you need them). It's like a toothache - you want it to stop now, not in weeks.

There are no magic words that can turn an addicted or depressed person's life around, especially if they're hiding feelings of shame as deeply as they can and trying to look like they're normal and fine. You can't pep talk them out of it, because it is a serious chronic problem.  Remember that. 

I'm not good at offering comforting words, but I'm sorry for your and your daughter's loss. 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

oh no! i'm so sorry to read this, Suzan {{hugs}} if you want them.

we have snow today, but it's supposed to stop around 4 or so.  and..... i got a call from the manager on duty today at the store - she said i was more than welcome to come in whenever i wanted - which means people called out.  i told her that i'm going to see what it's doing about an hour before i have to be in, and go from there. yeesh.  although, i may end up working until close with my daughter, so there's that.

Your reply is comforting, thank you. You're very well versed in your thougtful and comforting in your reply. It also hurts the ones you love. There is nothing that will make them stop until they're ready. It's brutal for a mother, wife, and everyone else that loves you. If I could take on her sorrow I would in a heartbeat. It's almost unbearable for a mother to watch your child have to be so sad. All I can do is be there for her and pray for her. Thank you again Mr. Sunrise. 

So sorry for your loss, Suzan. 

I hope work goes well, trystan, if you get there. I had thought about going in today for a half day but decided against it. I'm still trying to get my laundry finished. The dryer didn't dry.

Well I got everybody beat in horrible weather. Right now it's 5 below, but with the wind it's 21 below. AND, it gets really cold tonight. It will be 9 below tonight. My poor ferals. I set out their food  and filled their water. I would bring them in in a heartbeat. But if they get near the door they freak out. So I just buy high fat diamond cat food and keep their water filled in their heated water  bowl and pray they don't freeze to death. There's lots of places to be out of the wind but that's all. I think during the night the coons, possums, and strays all drink here. I'm happy to give them what they really need. Fresh water. And thank you, Trystan, for your sympathy. I appreciate it very much.

@Suzan So sorry to hear about your son-in-law. I cannot even imagine the pain your daughter is going through right now. She is lucky to have a supportive mother to care for her.

And wow! Those are COLD temps. Good for you to take care of the ferals as best you can. I hope they find enough shelter to keep them alive.

2 hours ago, Suzan said:

Well I got everybody beat in horrible weather. Right now it's 5 below, but with the wind it's 21 below. AND, it gets really cold tonight. It will be 9 below tonight. My poor ferals. I set out their food  and filled their water. I would bring them in in a heartbeat. But if they get near the door they freak out. So I just buy high fat diamond cat food and keep their water filled in their heated water  bowl and pray they don't freeze to death. There's lots of places to be out of the wind but that's all. I think during the night the coons, possums, and strays all drink here. I'm happy to give them what they really need. Fresh water. And thank you, Trystan, for your sympathy. I appreciate it very much.

There's instruction on how to turn old beverage coolers into insulated winter shelters for ferals.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I hope work goes well, trystan, if you get there. I had thought about going in today for a half day but decided against it. I'm still trying to get my laundry finished. The dryer didn't dry.

as predicted,  I'm pretty sure it's stopped snowing 😆

but it was crazy out there for a bit!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

My toes are cold again but it's actually a decent temperature outside.

25 minutes ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

And I finally got my new car

Nice! Pretty color.

Glad you are a little warmer today, Lagie. Easier to warm your toes when it is not so cold.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

it's actually a decent temperature outside.

can you send some of that up here? it's @#$%^&* 21F! (-6C)

oooh nice little car, Spirit! :D

4 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

And I finally got my new car

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20210208_151445.jpg?width=837&height

Yay! Congrats!

Warmer is ever so much better. Ironically, it's actually now too hot and sunny to sit outside and read. (The poinciana is very bare so there's little shade right now.)

XD Shouldn't that be 'Quean of typoes' or some such?

(On mobile, the member titles and signatures don't show. You have to click to the profile page to see them.)

It's getting awfully late for the lunch I'm meant to be going out for.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

XD Shouldn't that be 'Quean of typoes' or some such?

hehe.... eh, you're probably right.  but i'm keeping it as it is.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

(On mobile, the member titles and signatures don't show. You have to click to the profile page to see them.)

*sigh* you're right, they don't. i keep forgetting what doesn't show up on mobile. oops.

Just now, trystan said:

*sigh* you're right, they don't. i keep forgetting what doesn't show up on mobile. oops.

No worries. I just clicked on your profile! (But didn't win...)

I wonder where the kittens go in the daytime.

Just now, Lagie said:

No worries. I just clicked on your profile! (But didn't win...)

heh.

didn't win what?

also, it's frustrating when i have a great answer for the "What not to say to a newbie" thread, but i just don't have a good question to ask next XD

*looks through Valentine trade wants:

2G from alt black Sweetling

2G from Shimmer

2G from Tinsel

2G from bronze Shimmer

Well, now I'm depressed.

Feed me.

Speaking of food and alts, someone with squeaky mews is on the prowl for alternative food.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

heh.

didn't win what?

also, it's frustrating when i have a great answer for the "What not to say to a newbie" thread, but i just don't have a good question to ask next XD

On Facebook, the spam posts say, "You win! Click my profile."

It's harder to ask than to answer, oddly enough.

(Will you be around later? Could you bounce a couple of cantos for me, please?)

Hello, ninja @Long_Before_Sunrise!

That does look discouraging, esp given there are only two CB alt blacks, and shric is gone.

Edited by Lagie
Ninja'd!

well, i'm not a spam post :P

and yep, i'll be around later... but i only have two open egg slots, so i can only bounce two at a time XD

edit: LongBeforeSunrise - wow, those are some eggs that might be hard to come by?

Edited by trystan

17 minutes ago, trystan said:

and yep, i'll be around later... but i only have two open egg slots, so i can only bounce two at a time XD

Two is perfect, thanks! I'd like to create another orange breeding pair.

I wish my fingers would stop typing i's for o's. :rolleyes:

nice!

oh i do that on my work computer a LOT.  also the letters are rubbed off of those keys, so there's that... XD

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Two is perfect, thanks! I'd like to create another orange breeding pair.

I wish my fingers would stop typing i's for o's. :rolleyes:

I have an CB orange breeding pair, but both CB 'burnt' reds are girls, and one lonely blue male. Even though the eggs are still dropping, the lurking for 5, 10, hour refreshes and grabbing is still a thing.

Wow, someone offering a CB Xenowyrm and CB Ice for a CB Valentines

even specifying which pair. If you are fast enough to catch those, you should be fast enough to catch Valentines.

Good news: I burned the roof of my mouth on pizza!