Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

If it's anything like PS+, you'll only have those games for a month too if you chose not to renew the subscription. 

I think it's kinda the same.

But I have to say the specials they give with this subscription is pretty good.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

It is deceptively calm and sunny here at the moment. The storm has slowed which is never a good sign as that's usually what helps them increase in intensity.

LAGIE!

*tackleglomps*

Finally get to see you before lunch o3o

*snaffles all the toast and runs*

*falls over*

Well, at least you have toast for lunch! XD

*restocks the toast, adds butter and jam*

We're going to have a two-hour shop day, then do hurricane prep. We have a lot of stuff outside, and, while it's covered, I'm concerned about the amount of rain expected so we will need to bring things inside.

13 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

@trystan I have the complete Necronomicon o3o

Well...not the actual book...but the full collection of stories...

i have the "actual" Necronomicon too, as written by the Mad Arab himself! :blink:

eep, stay safe Lagie!

it's humid for me today, it rained this morning, and was all icky today.  tomorrow it's supposed to be hot and probably humid, cause it's summer, it's what it does here.... but older daughter has decided tomorrow is the day for me to use the gift certificate she made for me for the hollydays for us to go to a winery for a wine tasting.  i keep telling her i'm liking october, but she wants to go tomorrow for some reason, i have no idea why.* (so i probably won't be on line until late tomorrow.)

*(i mean, i have two thoughts about it: one is that she's hopefully hoping to be doing some kind of theater work by october, and two is that i have a big birthday at the end of august, and that might be some of it for tomorrow.  we shall see.)

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

This is mesmerizing and a bit scary. I am in Nassau.

you're right, it's scary.... and a bit mesmerizing 😮 

i hope so.... i hope it's not too humid though.

39 minutes ago, trystan said:

you're right, it's scary.... and a bit mesmerizing 😮 

i hope so.... i hope it's not too humid though.

It's windy! But this band is dry. The main event - the big scary blob - is yet to come. I prefer it when these happen in daylight.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I prefer it when these happen in daylight.

i don't blame you.  night storms - we have some fun Nor'easters - are scarier at night.

Hope all goes well for you in the storm, Lagie!  Night storms are scary.

There were twenty-five days of 90-degree temps in Baltimore this year -- the most in over 100 years. And we have gone through most of it with no air conditioning! Today was much better -- only around 81.

Glad you have cooled off a bit, @purplehaze!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out cereal*

No toast. No coffee. The power went out at 4 a.m. which means no water and no kettle.  Still very windy and rainy.

Hi everyone! :)

The tropical storm is hitting us in waves. It was storming all day yesterday, but we got almost no rain... how is that even possible! XD

54 minutes ago, Paintra said:

Hi everyone! :)

The tropical storm is hitting us in waves. It was storming all day yesterday, but we got almost no rain... how is that even possible! XD

Where are you? (If I may ask?) I'm in Nassau. We are getting lots of rain now.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Where are you? (If I may ask?) I'm in Nassau. We are getting lots of rain now.

Stuck in Florida, I've been here for an internship. It rained all around us but not on us directly...

I'm fortunate, though. A family friend who travels for work offered to bring me home, since planes are not a option for me right now. Chronic Illness means my immune system is busy with other things, so it's far too big of a risk for me to fly right now, and I've seen countless stories of people just.. refusing to comply with advice and flying while sick. 

It's a long way to Texas- I considered trying to rent a car to get home, but car rentals here are 21+. :(

2 hours ago, Paintra said:

Stuck in Florida, I've been here for an internship. It rained all around us but not on us directly...

I'm fortunate, though. A family friend who travels for work offered to bring me home, since planes are not a option for me right now. Chronic Illness means my immune system is busy with other things, so it's far too big of a risk for me to fly right now, and I've seen countless stories of people just.. refusing to comply with advice and flying while sick. 

It's a long way to Texas- I considered trying to rent a car to get home, but car rentals here are 21+. :(

Eeps, stay safe with the storm! It's moving off here but still quite windy. My power finally came on around 7 p.m. making 15 hours without it.

Hope your headache clears up soon, @InvaderAlexis! The low air pressure caused mine this morning, I think, but Tylenol was effective.

Ooh. Birds singing!

hey all!  had a good day at the wine tasting - we tasted 6 wines, and then i had a glass of one of them, and older daughter had a cranberry wine slushy.  then we bought some bottles of wine - i might open mine on my birthday weekend at the end of the month :) 

as for this lovely tropical storm mess, we're supposed to get lots of rain on tuesday from the tropical system.... as well as another system from the west... so we could be in for a LOT of rain tuesday. yaay.

Sounds like a good day, @trystan! :) Hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard.

My island's been given the 'all clear' so I am off to bed. Good night, all!

Glad to hear you'll be alright, Lagie! :D

I'm currently at a hotel for the night. I'll be out of Florida tomorrow! Fortunately there wasn't much rain heading away from the storm.

Safe travels, Paintra!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Sunny and breezy today. The storm has cooled the air a bit, too, which is nice. It's been extraordinarily hot here.

morning all.  i'm working tonight... and we're starting a new rewards program at work.... goodie - more stuff that people won't read. *sigh*

Hmmm...  Belgian waffles.

I hope everyone is safe with the storm.  Is it gone yet?

Church devotional by Zoom again since Kentucky's governor didn't want any churches to meet.  We were doing less than 25 a session live which we hope to continue next week.  It will depend on the governor.  

Edited by Classycal

Have fun with the non-readers, @trystan.

On Friday, I had people asking if we were open on Saturday, and my response was (not literally, but far too close), "Duh. Lockdown AND hurricane? No, we will not be open Saturday." Idjits.

It is mostly gone from here, @Classycal, just wind where I am, though a friend out west has had showers all day.