Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

i have lots of strange dreams. thing is, when i wake up, all i'm left with most of the time is "wow, i had a weird dream!" but i don't remember any details.

i have weird dreams all the time, but its not like "haha wow that was wacky!", its more like... disturbing. i have nightmares a lot more than i have dreams, and the rest of my dream that wasn't about my dad i definitely feel like i should be categorizing it as a nightmare rather than "just a dream" but i'm so used to them that i usually just shrug it off. wake up feeling disturbed for sure, but its not as impactful as it used to be. i mentioned this in the other forum too, but i havent waken up actually like crying from one of these dreams in a long time, aside from the one i had a couple days ago, and that wasn't really crying from fear but just how much it affected me emotionally, which is what my nightmares mostly consist of. emotional terror rather than just disturbing visuals, because im actually a fan of gruesome things.

and almost all the time i remember a ton of detail. my dreams are so vivid, which i guess makes them more disturbing. i have to see so much detail in all the things that happen, ive seen people get dismembered and ive seen such awful textures and environments, i can smell the areas im in, i can feel and taste everything. its so vivid. 

Edited by InvaderAlexis

oh i've had my share of disturbing or terrifying dreams, where i wake up and i just can't get back to sleep too.  some dreams are quite vivid, and i want to try to remember them when i wake up, and sometimes i do.  other times they're gone before i have a chance to try to remember them - even telling my cat my dreams helps me remember them too.

i usually write them down in the notes of my phone, but as i said this time i wrote it on paper because my house is pretty loud and i knew id forget if i didnt get it down quick. i think i might doodle some imagery from this dream because i wasnt really the "main character" of the second part of my dream, it was someone else that i was kinda following the point of view of. i have dreams like that pretty often, so its nothing unusual, but i do remember what they looked like, and some locations.  

that's actually pretty impressive.  

a few of my dreams turned into my NaNo novels!

Just now, trystan said:

That's happened to me, too.  

I have weird dreams, too - both good and bad.  Sometimes I remember them well and sometimes I don't.  

10 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

LAGIE!

*huggles*

And on your side. Is everything still safe?

As safe as we can be with Covid spiking here, and a potential tropical storm (with some complex I name) en route.

6 hours ago, Classycal said:

What time did you end up going to work Lagie?

I did go shopping! Had an adventure in the line - 25 minutes to shop, 40+ to check out - with a Haitian lady who tried to butt in behind me. She left her cart between me and the next person and walked away to get more stuff. The next person and I agreed 'no way' so I shoved the cart to the empty checkout next to us. The Haitian lady went ballistic when she returned, lying that she'd been in line all along. Thank goodness the two security guards and the cashier backed us up, and off she went with the guards, swearing vociferously. To make up for that, I had the best packing boy I've ever ever had! I wish I had tipped him more.

I took my stuff home, had RL coffee and toast, and was at work only fifteen minutes late (10:15).

4 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

I keep dreaming that i'm talking to my dad, though, and its this weird frantic bittersweet feeling that i mentioned in that forum because theres things i want to say to him but cant because i know hes not there.

A good chunk of my diary is dreams! And I often see my mom in them, which is nice.

Edited by Lagie

6 minutes ago, Classycal said:
9 minutes ago, trystan said:

That's happened to me, too.  

definitely my NaNos in 2011, 2012, and 2018.

i wonder what this fall will bring?

34 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I did go shopping! Had an adventure in the line - 25 minutes to shop, 40+ to check out - with a Haitian lady who tried to butt in behind me. She left her cart between me and the next person and walked away to get more stuff. The next person and I agreed 'no way' so I shoved the cart to the empty checkout next to us. The Haitian lady went ballistic when she returned, lying that she'd been in line all along. Thank goodness the two security guards and the cashier backed us up, and ofgfshe went with the guards swearing vociferously. To make up for that, I had the best packing boy I've ever ever had! I wish I had tipped him more.

I took my stuff home, had RL coffee and toast, and was at work only fifteen minutes late (10:15).

Wow.  Some people are arrogant.  That's very presumptuous of her doing that.  I'm glad she didn't get away with it.  

Just found out that car I just bought in March needs a new transmission.  I'm not willing to spend thousands on a 2002 car.  So I guess that means I've got to buy another car.  Sigh....

Edited by Classycal

4 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Wow.  Some people are arrogant.  That's very presumptuous of her doing that.  I'm glad she didn't get away with it.  

Just found out that car I just bought in March needs a new transmission.  I'm not willing to spend thousands on a 2002 car.  So I guess that means I've got to buy another car.  Sigh....

Me, too.

And that sucks. Hope you can find a replacement soon.

Storm on the way again... sigh.

1 hour ago, Classycal said:

Ow! That hurts! I hate buying cars, besides which they cost money that I'd rather spend on other things.

Okay so far.

My allergies are acting up a bit.

Yeah but it's a magic bubble.

It'll keep you safe, but if you pop it you might burst too. 

Ugh my art teacher is giving me a hard time this month with the art route.

Non of the info she is giving me is making sense

Oh XD

Yeah that makes more sense. You should explain like that more to me... You know I know nothing!