prpldrgnfr

Neglected Teleport Bug

So I was making an ND with the help of the Unofficial Discord.  The egg turned, was teleported to the catcher's scroll, and died.  ToD should have been 12:37:36, The egg turned and was caught at 12:37:31, and died.  Supposedly this isn't supposed to happen?  Egg in question https://dragcave.net/lineage/AcsNw

Edited by prpldrgnfr

5 secs isn't much time to get it enough views to live. Eggs only gain time if you incubated them. Unless I'm missing something, and that's entirely possible, that doesn't sound like a glitch just bad luck of it cutting too close.

The egg was incubated, it *should* have gained a day as soon as it hit the catcher's scroll.

Perhaps the egg was created a few seconds before it was grabbed from the cave? Maybe technically death occurred before it registered on the other scroll.

4 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

Perhaps the egg was created a few seconds before it was grabbed from the cave? Maybe technically death occurred before it registered on the other scroll.

Eggs are being created at the top of the hour and then just shuffled into the biomes every 5 minutes.

(I think the "stolen" date/time counts for death though, not creation for caveborns.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'd place my bets on it not being timed correctly- perhaps there was a delay when timing, lag, or something. What did you use to time it, time.is? 

Although it does not happen often, I have had time shift a bit on eggs. I always check for time of death as soon as possible and then again every day.  About 2 hrs from exp I check on the hour to make sure of the exact second. I can remember once having an egg that stayed at xx:xx:24  until day of exp when it dropped to xx:xx:20 That's with every second refresh and no lag.

1 hour ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I'd place my bets on it not being timed correctly- perhaps there was a delay when timing, lag, or something. What did you use to time it, time.is? 

The important thing here is that the egg was correctly teleported to the catcher's scroll which requires the egg to be alive as far as I understand (I've tried to catch egg that died a second before I hit enter to accept and the egg then doesn't teleport to my scroll and I get an errored teleport page). So since it correctly made it to the catcher's scroll, you'd expect it to immediately to gain a day from teleporting an incubated egg and so it shouldn't have died in that case.

1 hour ago, dragonico said:

The important thing here is that the egg was correctly teleported to the catcher's scroll which requires the egg to be alive as far as I understand (I've tried to catch egg that died a second before I hit enter to accept and the egg then doesn't teleport to my scroll and I get an errored teleport page). So since it correctly made it to the catcher's scroll, you'd expect it to immediately to gain a day from teleporting an incubated egg and so it shouldn't have died in that case.

Not necessarily, if it was already in transition but died after the accept button was hit but before it registered on the new scroll you get exactly what happened here. An egg that arrives dead when teleported. It doesn't happen often, because the timing is very narrow but it can and does. 

Basically it died between leaving one scroll and landing on the other. Which sucks but 5 secs is such a narrow time frame, lag and other factors are  simply not in your favor. I'm sorry about your egg, but this isn't a glitch.

I've had eggs teleported from my scroll to another and it ended up dead on their scroll, and vice versa. Yes, pretty rare, but it DOES happen.

It could have been a mistimed death, or like @DragonLady86 says, maybe lag between the person accepting from when they hit accept to when it actually loaded on their scroll. 

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

I mostly want TJ to take a look and see if was the same thing as https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/185182-teleport-bug-dead-eggs/, the egg shouldn't have died *unless* it died precisely when it was accepted, the catcher did say that it was alive for a second, then died.  And I know five seconds doesn't seem like much, but it's a lifetime when it comes to NDs.

21 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

I mostly want TJ to take a look and see if was the same thing as https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/185182-teleport-bug-dead-eggs/, the egg shouldn't have died *unless* it died precisely when it was accepted, the catcher did say that it was alive for a second, then died.  And I know five seconds doesn't seem like much, but it's a lifetime when it comes to NDs.

It was indeed teleported at the exact same second it died, and it died from running out of time correctly. It looks like the expected times were simply off.

@TJ09-Thank you very much for checking!   Looks like @DragonLady86 was right on the money.

Edited by prpldrgnfr