cybeasts

Prismatic Lineage Project

Hi y'all! My name's Rocket/Cy, and this is my first breeding project.

What is it, you might ask? Well, rhetorical inquirer, I'll tell you! This is a six-generation breeding project that I made on a whim and started talking about, and since people started showing interest, I decided to make it a full-fledged project! I figured it would be a nice way to make friends and bring the community together, as well. 😄

If you'd like to see all the information I'm about to explain in a compact, neat format, the project has an official google doc. This is also where you'll find updates, lists, and other assorted things important to the project. This forum post will at times be limited in the information it has (such as said updates) so it'll be best to check here every now and then.

There's already progress underway, but it's still possible to join in and help! Details can be found in the doc, but for a quick rundown:

• If you'd like to donate either support dragons or progenitors, let me know and that can be arranged. People who help out get first dibs on eggs too!
  • If you'd like to host a progenitor pair (AKA the first gen of CBs), PM me and we can discuss it! I'll be selective with these and will definitely be a stickler about the rules, but for the most part it's pretty easy!
    • Rules for progen hosting are: Keep your dragon names related to colors/light/prisms, etc. (here are some examples); and no killing the progenitor parents. Simple! I'll also need your scroll name so I can keep track of you.
  • Even if you see one half of a pair is already in the group, don't be afraid to ask about hosting! This is gonna be a project for the community and it's only fitting it's by the community as well.
  • Offering ideas for names is always welcome!

You can find the progenitors I currently own here, and a spreadsheet of pairs + hosts here, curated by Frostmane.

Lists of what will be needed for the project can be found on the doc! Be sure to check it!

Helpers + contributors, naturally, get first dibs on eggs once the lineage is complete, and my eternal love and appreciation. Once you get an egg, it's yours to do what you please with! After everyone with first dibs gets their eggs, they can be requested, but for the most part I'll be regularly breeding + trading/abandoning them so anyone has a chance at getting one. {: Final eggs will be either a green Fire Gem or a Lacula dragon.

Any questions, just ask! This thread will mostly serve as a hub to talk about the project + keep updated on progress, as well as to let me know if folks are interested in helping out.

Thank you to our current contributors!

Spoiler

nonbinary_extraordinary: Host of Sweetling/Pink Zyu progenitors
Frostmane: Host of Candelabra/Leodon progenitors + curator of egg sheet
taginix: Host of Freckled/Harvest progenitors

Chaosdawn: Host of White/Albino progenitors

purplehaze: x1 Pink Male hatchie, host of Sunrise/Aria progenitors
Corseiss: x1 Red hatchie

And here are the current updates! Will be kept to a limit of 20 at any given time; you can find the full list of them on the doc.

Spoiler

7/5/19 - 2nd gen pink zyu bred, pending infl. (3 days)
7/5/19 - candelabra/leodon progens reserved, pending egg
7/5/19 - freckled/harvest progens reserved, pending egg

7/6/19 - white/albino progens reserved, pending egg

7/6/19 - sunrise/aria progens reserved, pending egg

7/6/19 - 2nd gen leodon bred, pending infl.

7/13/19 - 2nd gen leodon acquired!

Edited by cybeasts
info update

I love rainbow (prism) lineages and have built several of them myself. I will be looking to see how I can contribute to this one.

I would love to help, I'll go through the list and pm you what I can do. ^.^

thank you to everyone who's shown interest! i've updated the contributor list and i'll notify frostmane of host updates! one my pinks are off cooldown i'll get a bunch of breeding underway and i'll keep you all updated, of course!

sorry for double post S%

but hey all! apologies for going quiet, i was at a wedding and didnt have time to really say anything before i had to get going. i'm home now though so i should be good to go!

the 2nd gen leodon is ready to go! i ran out of time to influence the zyu so we're gonna have to breed that pair again but with luck the same mistake won't happen twice lmao

if anyone would like to host a pair or of anyone knows someone who would be interested, let me know!

I got a Sunrise egg from my selected progenitor pair today, so will have to try again next week for the needed Aria. :(

Edited by purplehaze

First attempt of Albino x White yielded a white egg. Will try again next week. At least they didn't refuse. XD

Second attempt of Albino x White they didn't show much interest in each other, despite my use of Fertility. -sigh-

I got the proper egg this time. https://dragcave.net/lineage/eRrVd

@cybeasts I can influence and hatch it on my scroll, if you would like, or I can pass it on to you if you have space and a female Pink available for influence.

*sigh* Although I see now there is a new release. Well, the offer still holds because I am totally scroll-locked and that one egg isn't going to make that much difference!

Edited by purplehaze

@cybeasts I'd love to join. I don't kill and/or zombiefy any dragons, so you won't have to worry about me killing anything. Many of my dragons are unnamed, but that is easily remedied. Is there any particular pairing you'd like hosted? I'd love to take several.

@purplehaze if you could hatch on your scroll i'd appreciate it--i haven't had a lot of time to dedicate lately because life suddenly swamped me with a bunch of garbage ;v; i'll do my best to keep an eye on here

@olympe i'm still holding off on giving away too many host pairs bc i wanna make sure people have a chance of getting one if they want, but if you see one you wanna give a try, let me know!

On 7/21/2019 at 5:41 PM, cybeasts said:

@purplehaze if you could hatch on your scroll i'd appreciate it--i haven't had a lot of time to dedicate lately because life suddenly swamped me with a bunch of garbage ;v; i'll do my best to keep an eye on here

I've influenced and incubated it. I will send you a teleport link as soon as it hatches and you can pick it up whenever you get a chance after that.

And I have just sent that teleport link.

I would love to do more to help, so please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Edited by purplehaze

Again, Albino x White they didn't show much interest in each other. Will try again next week. They did produce a white egg but if the lack of interest happens again, I'll replace one of them.

@Taginix  Just FYI, Cy appears to be on hiatus. I'm holding off trying to breed mine until I hear differently. 

i'm new in the game and lineage projects but i'd like to help ^^' 

what could i do?

Edited by grey_penguin

1 hour ago, grey_penguin said:

i'm new in the game and lineage projects but i'd like to help ^^' 

what could i do?

Well, at the moment it looks like Cy is on hiatus, so we are all just sort of waiting.