olympe

BSA suggestion for Vremya Drakes

1 hour ago, olympe said:

If I may make some suggestions for (partial) fails...

1. Roll the success chance for every single BSA performed on the egg/hatchling (that hasn't been removed yet). So, you might fail in some instances and not in others. Maybe you get an Incubate removed, but not an Influence. Ideally, you'd get notified which BSAs got removed, but you could always figure it out by attempting to re-use it.
  2. Add a random amount of time to the egg's/hatchling's timer - maybe something random between 0 and 12 hours? (Kind of like a penalty.)

{snip}

Maybe a 1% chance fail where the drake just gets distracted by something and puts you in the time loop instead? 

You tell [insert drake's name] to cast [insert target's name] into a time loop, but they get spooked by a chicken, and...what were you doing again? 

I just would find that amusing...

I like the first one though! 

I feel like adding time is fairly neutral. Sometimes, you want more time. That's why Stun exists. It also gives you more time to redo BSA's if you have.

It would be more of penalty if you would lose time, because then you have less time to try and fix what ever you were trying to undo on the egg. I still feel like it would be costly though. Maybe 2 to 6 hour gain or loss? I feel like a risk of half a day is too much...

You tell [insert drake's name] to cast [insert target's name] into a time loop, but they get spooked by a chicken, and...what were you doing again? 

Penalty: You cannot perform any actions on your scroll for the next hour because - what did you want to do again? XD 

Like I said I wouldn't mind a fail too much, but a big no to adding time to the egg/hatchie! No other BSA has such a penalty and I don't believe this needs it. A fail rate is fine if you really want some possibility of it going wrong.

I wouldn't consider adding time a penalty any more than it is a penalty for Stun. I'm neutral on that idea, leaning support because you can't Stun an egg.

2 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

Like I said I wouldn't mind a fail too much, but a big no to adding time to the egg/hatchie! No other BSA has such a penalty and I don't believe this needs it. A fail rate is fine if you really want some possibility of it going wrong.

Stun does, in effect.

21 hours ago, olympe said:

Penalty: You cannot perform any actions on your scroll for the next hour because - what did you want to do again? XD 

Lol. That would make people sooo mad.

It would make sense, but man...

I can already here the screams.

3 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

Maybe it would a part of using the BSA in general.

I mean you are sending something back in time, reversing what was once done.

So it makes sense for the egg to gain back time that has passed as part of the mechanic.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Stun does, in effect.

I guess so but for Stun it's the point of the BSA, not a penalty ^^

I like the idea of being able to remove an influence or incubate.

The add 24h to a growing dragon too, but perhaps it would be better if was a different BSA, sort of counterpart to incubate (do Red dragons have a rival who could get it?).

On 8/25/2019 at 9:20 PM, Kukuru said:

I like the idea of being able to remove an influence or incubate.

The add 24h to a growing dragon too, but perhaps it would be better if was a different BSA, sort of counterpart to incubate (do Red dragons have a rival who could get it?).

Well, way back when, people argued that, since Incubating works by heating an egg or keeping it warmer than usual takes a day off, cooling an egg down might add a day. So both Waters (Blue Dragons) and Ices were suggested, I think. Most of the other frost-based breeds weren't invented back then, though. Anyway, if my memory isn't faulty, this suggestion got shot down because it apparently wasn't logical enough or some such.

On 5/31/2019 at 3:31 PM, Kovia said:

And would there be a time limit on when you can use this, like how you can't Incubate an egg with 2 or less days left? If not, it could prove useful to Neglecters, tho that then means we have to decide if the egg/hatchie turning into a Neglected should be undone or not (I'd say not but logic dictates that it should).

I vote that Time Loop should not have a minimum age limit nor revert neglected transformation the same way it will not revert vampire bites. I see this as a way to balance trying to get neglected dragons for users such as myself who don't want to trade-bounce. I have given up on getting an ND in large part because I am at a disadvantage for not having a trade partner I am comfortable with, but if this BSA were released with no minimum time limit I would take advantage of it and start trying to make a neglected again.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:37 PM, hazeh said:

And when I say fail rate, I don't mean something as drastic as a 50% chance the Vremya skedaddles on you or time loops the wrong thing. A small one is fine with me, but in order for it to be a Vremya-specific action, it feels necessary to me. My intention with these drakes when I made them was that they are very easily alarmed/upset, even with the best of intentions or with someone they're comfortable around. They're my little time-loop land mines that chain-reaction time loops if a bird flies too close to their heads.

I would like to point out that aeons are described as being reclusive and typically unwilling to share their premonitions, yet there is no fail associated with Precognition. Also, logically, if a person were to walk up to a red and say, "Please incubate this egg of another species from a complete stranger for me," what's to keep the red from cooking it (the egg and/or the person) instead? They do "eat whatever living creatures they can find." (breed description) No dragonoid is canonically obedient to an immortal scroll-owner. I realise Hazeh feels strongly about giving this BSA a failure chance, but the justification doesn't work for me.

To finish off with on a positive note, from what I have observed drake eggs are uncommon in the AP and grabbed relatively quickly when they do appear. Giving the vreymas a BSA might increase interest in all drakes among AP breeders.

Failure chance or no, I support the Time Loop BSA for vreymas.