Cinspawn

Easter and Halloween banners as title banners, not dividers

If you have multiple years worth of candy/eggs on your Egg basket/Trick or Treat bag pages, you see banners. Currently the banners function as dividers. I'd love to always be able to see them if you've caught eggs for that year, so they're always on top of the eggs for that year. Same thing for our Trick or Treat bags.

Edited by Cinspawn

Full support from me. I want to be able to tell what year was my first year to participate on these kinds of events

Edited by Haki

I've thought this since they introduced banners the second year.  Why punish people for not being here the year previous by not allowing them to collect all the art for the year they were?  And it would cut down on the number of questions in event threads/help every year asking why people don't have them.  Downsides: zero. just use them to show that "these eggs/treats are from x year".  Yes that means the first year won't have one.  but it's not like we don't have a ton of artists that might be willing to make one if asked; I know I would if I could sprite.

Yeah, I'd really like to be able to see the banner from my first year of collecting. 

I would like this too. It would tie all the eggs together, since the ones at the top look out of place without a pretty banner displaying the year.

22 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I would like this too. It would tie all the eggs together, since the ones at the top look out of place without a pretty banner displaying the year.

technically everyone has that problem.  You can look at mine to see: the first year for both didn't include banners.  those were added the second year, along with the "wonderful" idea that only those that had some from both could get it.

Yes, please! I didn't realize that this was a universal thing! I always assumed those first years didn't HAVE banners.

Support from me!

1 hour ago, JavaTigress said:

Yes, please! I didn't realize that this was a universal thing! I always assumed those first years didn't HAVE banners.

Support from me!

Neither had them for 2010 (the first year) as I said above. but people that started in 2011 or after did not get the banner released that year simply because they didn't have eggs from the previous. should also add that the "year" was not added till 2014. 

But yes, as they are part of the released art for a given year, you should get them if you participated THAT year.  like a badge for any other event.

Edited by DragonLady86

I like this idea and definitely support it! The banners are pleasant to look at, and it'd also be convenient to see the year I first took part in the events.

23 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

technically everyone has that problem.  You can look at mine to see: the first year for both didn't include banners.  those were added the second year, along with the "wonderful" idea that only those that had some from both could get it.

Exactly! 

So, if we change them all to titles. I'd like the very first Egg Festival to get a banner as well. So, everybody can have nice and shiny yearly Titles for every year they participated. 

I would prefer having the banner from the very beginning, honestly, so I agree with this.

I think this change makes sense. I would love to have a banner above the original FoE and ToT as well.

I'd really like this, too. :)