Dragon_Arbock

Raise CB Holiday limit to 4

Posted (edited)

Just gonna point out that the AP is currently wall-to-wall new release Christmas eggs, for anyone who didn't catch them during the 3 days they were dropping in the biomes.  This happens most years!  If you like gifting and helping out other players, catching and dropping NR eggs to the AP is one of the best ways to do it during a holiday event.  (I dropped at least 8 Harkfrosts to the AP this year, since I wasn't traveling and had the time!)

I would support raising the limit of CB Christmases and Valentines to 4, because it's convenient for lineages, and I definitely support continuous drops during releases (both holiday and nonholiday), but I don't think there's any reason to make them catchable in unlimited quantity, and I don't agree that the limits cause any significant, sitewide issues with catching.  Yes, sometimes individual people go out of town for longer than a new release drops - but this is true all year round, with every release, and it's the risk you take as a player.  The site isn't sugame doesn't *guarantee* you every breed the moment it appears; sometimes you miss out on things (ask me how long it took me to get 4 CB green Coppers when I missed them at their release!) and that's annoying, but there are already mechanics in place to help players catch up if they have to miss something.  Especially holiday breeds, which have even more catching-up options than other releases plus the forewarning of knowing exactly when it will drop so you can make arrangements ahead of time.

I've been playing since way before we had a Marketplace or a Holiday Biome; it used to be if you missed the event drop, you were completely, permanently unable to have CBs of those dragons!  I went from 2009 - 2017 without any CB Hollies, Yulebucks, Pumpkins, BlackMarrows, and '09 Valentines.  Now if I miss a release, I just have to wait a year and hunt them in the Holiday Biome or trade for them if I can't find any in the AP.  There always seem to be more people offering CBs in trade than those wanting them, precisely because we have limits - every CB Valentine & Christmas egg up for trade is automatically not of interest to players who can't accept it, which means the field of offers is smaller for those who do want it, giving them better chances of their offer being accepted.  (Would you rather be one of 100 players offering on an egg, or one of just 10 offers?  Ruling out the massive group of players who already have 2 - or 4 - CBs benefits the players who don't meet the limit.)

I do think there's some room for adjustment and improvement on the ratios of breeds in the Holiday Biome for limited-CB breed types, but that's a different topic.

Edited by sorenna