angelicdragonpuppy

New group sort option: “scroll order”

Or just make it default.

Let’s say I want to make a group of just my gold and silver dragons; they already fall in a very specific order on my scroll, it would be nice if the group followed that. It would be even nicer if it was the default setting (ie if I chose to sort a group by breed, it would do so—but put the dragons within each breed in the order they appear on my scroll).

Yeah, I thought this was suggested before but now I'm not sure where... But support, definitely. My scroll is simply sorted by the automatic date sorting, but I know a lot of people put a *lot* of time into manually sorting their dragons, it would be great if there was an option for groups to show that way.

Yes, please, I have a weird personal custom sort on my scroll and finding dragons in large groups has become a big nuisance because they're not in "scroll order".

I sort my scroll with all the breeding pairs together, so when I made a separate group for my pygmies, I had to basically copy the whole thing over from my scroll sort.  This would be so, so helpful.

If you tell it to only show (for example) dragons able to use their BSAs, those can show up in scroll order.  I wouldn't expect scroll order for groups to be any harder to code.  It would also not inconvenience anyone who didn't want to use it, because it would just be one of many sort options.

In other words, it seems like there'd be no downside to adding this.

I support this, although I'm not sure how much I might use it.

In general I think more options are better. I don't sort all of my groups the same. It depends on the purpose of the group.

Yes, please. I spent a lot of time on my scroll order, and to have it reflected in groups (default or option) would be really helpful, especially since some of my lineages are ordered in a particular way. Otherwise, I have to repeat the ordering per-group, and a couple of them are getting quite large!

As far as 'sorting' goes, I tried changing my sort pattern and after deciding that I didn't like the new sort pattern, I wished that I could return to my original sort pattern but found out that I couldn't according to the notice in the sort site.  I wish that this sorting could let me return.  

I think that this is what this topic is about, but correct me if I'm wrong...