Skelokey

The Gustitch Lineage! For gusties that became musties

Just now, Rexsaurus said:

I won't be able to breed mine for a few days because I had no incubates.

Same. Mine hatch in 2 hours, but then I have to wait another three days. I wish I hadn't used up all of my red BSAs last week.

Not an Ultimate Favourite, but I am loving the way the adults look. Makes me all the more glad I'm in on this lineage! Can't wait to see mine all grown up.

I'm in love with the black truffles...... It's almost like they were made for me Ahaha

My eggs are hatching in 1-2 hours :) It shall be SOON

Oh man, I'm in love with the Black Truffles! I hope the windy eggs get released next, I think a black and blue lineage would look really nice!

Mine hatched an hour or two ago too (I was just too busy battling my horrible internet to be able to post about it)

46 minutes ago, dark_sama said:

Oh man, I'm in love with the Black Truffles! I hope the windy eggs get released next, I think a black and blue lineage would look really nice!

My guess is that they probably won't be next, seeing as the sprites have to be gone from everywhere 60 days before they're put in the cave, but either way, if the adults are as beautiful and blue as the eggs are, I'm very much looking forward to seeing them paired with Truffles! I really love lineages with nice contrast.

Aw man, I traded away one of my two gustitches for an ice dragon before I realized how special they were.

Ah well, still got the one  :3

Edited by Kaini
Edited for view link to lineage link

Sooo Black Truffles, any thoughts on what they would pair well with for this lineage?  Maybe another wind orientated/blue dragon?  I think the Blue tipped head would work well with another blue dragon.

Also - I'm on the lookout for 1 more Gustitch so I can have another breeding pair and am offering a shiny to trade for it - check out my trading post for info!

1 minute ago, Seahorse said:

Sooo Black Truffles, any thoughts on what they would pair well with for this lineage?  Maybe another wind orientated/blue dragon?  I think the Blue tipped head would work well with another blue dragon.

Also - I'm on the lookout for 1 more Gustitch so I can have another breeding pair and am offering a shiny to trade for it - check out my trading post for info!

There's the usual Breeding Plans thread up if you wanna look at all the ideas so far, but I personally love them with light coloured dragons for the contrast, or the other new release.

All I'd wanna add is if we decide to go checker/other way of mixing, make it with a common breed, with the exception of Lunar Heralds, Seasonals and Celestials, for their breeding habits.

So here are some templates for Checkers, or also for Purebred if we decide to simply breed our Gustitches together (however may be problematic for people with only 1 gender)

889574972_Gustitch-2GPBjpg.jpg.c824a36da1545964ec88045cc718deb3.jpg

1835738931_Gustitch-2GM.jpg.b708cdf8a1797a213d533f7de204dfd6.jpg92593965_Gustitch-2GF.jpg.76fe4c69465a67409c33cd8e9440b9df.jpg

269467248_Gustitch3GM.jpg.9218383413552ad6ec97373e7e3a2201.jpg1781980587_Gustitch3GF.jpg.f3432fea3bae8d2820aadec195b68816.jpg

If we're going to use another type of dragon, the ones I think could work are:

Dark or regular Luminas (Match or contrast)

Daydreams (Contrast!!)

Guardian (Mirrored poses!)

Nhiostrife (Higher saturation, similar colors)

Spirit Ward (Similar base color, look similar in stages 2 and 3)

Storm-Rider (Same reasons as Spirit Ward in stages 2 and 3)

Soulpeace (Pastel contrast!)

Striped (Black or white for the same reasons as Luminas)

But personally, I would prefer an even gen purebred.

Edited by Eeveecat1248

2050750054_Kpernykp2018-07-0416-47-24.png.d4de2f475310671aba046efc708823c8.png  2124765556_Kpernykp2018-07-0419-56-30.png.5ce27e517927e6b0574f633cc373ce3d.png

Bringing over my White checker idea from the Breeding Plans thread, plus put them together with Azure Glacewings to complement the horn colours.

Will try more and probably post them, but my internet it not being very agreeable right now, so...who knows when.

Sidenote, as someone who only has one Gustitch I am strongly against going purebred if it means disallowing non-Gustitch Truffles to be used in breeding.

Are gustitch only from the alpine or were the dropped/found in other biomes? I picked up one from the AP stolen from the desert. if I missed the reply about this already, apologies ^__^

Edited by priscel

But if we end up going with a checker then half of our dragons are useless as they wouldn't be the right gender.

1 minute ago, priscel said:

Are gustitch only from the alpine or are we to include any found in other biomes? I picked up from the AP stolen from the desert. if I missed the reply about this already, apologies ^__^

Gustitches are only the accidental released eggs that were turned into the Black Truffle eggs. So if it's from the desert, it's most certainly not a Gustitch.

I only have one Gusty turned Musty, but here it is x !

I’m loving the suggestions they can be used for in terms of lineages so far btw

Just now, priscel said:

@Eeveecat1248 ok, thanks for the clarification! ^__^

I mean, it might have been fine to decide on a checker while our eggs were still eggs so that we would have time to influence them all to be one gender or the other, but even with that there are problems. People want breeding pairs of their Gustitches, and not everyone here has Pinks for influencing. So while I agree a checker would look really cool, there's no good way to make it work.

I'd be down for some purebred lines since mine should be an influenced pair, though I'd be willing to provide for any other 2nd gen I can possibly make

The checker problem could be solved if it was preferred by having two checkers in the making, one with females and one with males.

Once again, purebred is only possible if non-Gustitch Truffels will be allowed as mates for Gustitches, which I would be happy to hear.

Alternatively, everyone could do whatever they want with their own Gustitches but the offspring would still be catalogued and bloodswaps would still be possible, making this a breeding project instead of a strictly lineage-focused one.

Something I just thought of- the children of Gustitches won't be Gustitches, so they shouldn't be called Gustitches. But I still think that they should have some special name. So I think it should be something like how we refer to the descendants of Tinsel and Shimmerscales that aren't that same species- Tinselkin and Shimmerkin. So descendants of Gustitches can be Gustkin.

1 minute ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

Something I just thought of- the children of Gustitches won't be Gustitches, so they shouldn't be called Gustitches. But I still think that they should have some special name. So I think it should be something like how we refer to the descendants of Tinsel and Shimmerscales that aren't that same species- Tinselkin and Shimmerkin. So descendants of Gustitches can be Gustkin.

I see your point and it's completely valid, but lemme throw a counter one at you - descendants of original Thuweds and Dorkfaces are still called Thuweds and Dorkfaces, even if they aren't owned by the owners of the originals. If you say that the only dragons that are valid parts of a breeding project are the Originals, the ones you had to be in the right place at the right time to catch CB, once in a lifetime opportunity, then what you have isn't a breeding/lineage project, it's an exclusive club for Gustitch owners.