Quackery-

How do you play?

What dragons do you get? Where/ when do you get them? 

I get get my eggs from the AP, usually the more rare though. Every hour I look for the trio. When I'm not doing that, I give random eggs a home~

I normally get my dragons from the AP or from trades... Except for new releases the only reason I hunt the biomes is to grab something worth trading (and even then I often end up gifting them because I'm too impatient to wait for offers on my trade). The past year or so I've been concentrating a lot more on commons/uncommons, mostly because I've never collected many of certain breeds because they are so plentiful that I know I can grab them anytime. 

My overall 'scroll goal' is at least 20 of each breed, and relatively recently I've decided that I like 'messy' lineages the best (and the AP is often crawling with them!). Unlike most people I normally have a lot of free time and I'm normally actively hunting on DragonCave for a good 4-8 hours a day. 

I usually have different goals and rotate between them. I have my own personal lineages who I try to complete, those have priority. In between I like to browse the AP for low time eggs/anything interesting. Occasionally I look for rares, or get a BSA egg to add to the collection. Whenever I do hunt the caves, it's usually for my personal lineages.

I collect mainly only from the biomes, and usually only looking for very specific breeds (Fire Gems, Celestials, Seasonals)...

since i'm nearly always busy with uni what i do is go to a biome, grab the first 8 eggs i see (i've gotten some rares like this lol) then let them age and pop them in fansites to hatch em. pretty simple and gets me a lot of CB commons which isn't the worst thing since i can increase my drag count or trade the hatchies for something better

I try to get at least one each - male, female, frozen male/female & ungendered frozen. I've been playing long enough that I'm finally at a point now where most of my collecting is finished outside of new dragon drops, so I'm almost totally focused on breeding for the AP & finishing up mates for dragons on my scroll. I only hoard dragons I like or that work in my lineages (for example, I don't actually like Flamingo Wyverns, but they look so good with the Black Marrows that I've got more than the minimum). A lot of times I'll hoard dragons and then realize that I just can't find good lineages for them, so I kill or release them.

I've got a huge Access database for just keeping track of my dragons, their breeding schedules & other details. I was keeping track of offspring as well, but eventually that got to be too time-consuming. I was originally careful to not inbreed my dragons, but now that I'm not tracking offspring, I am not so fastidious.

I have a fairly basic play style. Excluding Holidays, Metals, and new releases (better safe than sorry if they turn out to be rare), I only try to get a CB breeding pair of each breed. I'm only missing 4 breeds, so I don't spend much time in the cave unless I'm looking for something to fulfill an IOU.  I have a few Zombies/Vampires/Neglecteds/Alts, but I don't experiment very often. I've started personal lineages but never carry them beyond 3G to keep things simple.

I mostly just trade and gift. I love Prizes, so I'm usually on the hunt for 2Gs. I also breed my hoard of 3Gs weekly so I can send pretty things to the AP. I have almost everything else, so I don't really trade for anything but 2G/3G Prizes. Kind of a boring play style but...I'm still here after two years XD

Edited by The Dragoness

I have all the dragons and don't spend too much time with lineages, and so in between new releases just keep building my Water Army.

I get a lot of eggs from the biomes, though I'll grab from AP if I spot something new or rare. I'm not much of a lineage person but I'm working on breeding my rarer stuff so I can have more than one of them. I like having at least three or so of each breed I've grabbed.

I've lately started paying more attention to the 5-min and hourly drops, trying to find new stuff I don't have yet. Lately I've been getting lucky in biomes and AP, found some stuff I never thought I'd get being a player with only a year under my belt. Hoping that luck keeps up.

My scroll goals are 8 CBs of each gender, each breed.  Sometimes less of one gender if I don't care for the sprite, but I like being able to breed 5th gen checkers entirely off my own scroll.  I get most of my eggs from the biomes, but if it's something really common I'll check the AP to see if I can find a low-time one. 

I used to collect prizes but I don't anymore, bar looking for the two in my sig because I have mates for them. 

I try to name everything, though I'm very behind at the moment.

Sometimes I trade for/catch rares to give to newer players.  I like being able to make someone's day.

I prefer to wok on lineages rather then collect CBs, though trying to keep up with releases keeps interrupting that.  I'm both excited for and dreading the birthday release in the morning, because it'll probably have several breeds and I'll be playing catch-up for months.

I prefer to have CB stuff of any Dragon available. I wanted to build Holiday checker lineages but they take years and got bored of doing so, so I prefer to hunt for pretty 2G eggs during Holiday events. Or CB's in Halloween. I keep attention to new releases just because you never know when the next rare Dragon will arrive.

The rest of the time I prefer CB stuff like I was saying, mostly Seasonals, Xenos (along with the Omen Wyrms they're like the greatest Dragons ever, at least so far) and Zyus. I wanted to have CB Zyus only on my entire scroll but they're so popular and hard to catch and hard to trade that I gave up and started breeding the few CB Zyus I have with my Holidays. That's because I missed last year's anniversary event and didn't know Sinos existed, I discovered Sinos when I looked at the lineage of one of my Halloween eggs during the last Halloween event >.<

Fell in love with Sinos as well and that's why I broke my oath to only have CB Zyus on my scroll and started breeding my Zyus like crazy: because one day I'll summon 99 Sinos at once (to have 100 Sinos) then I'll summon another 100 Sinos at once, and another 100, and so on, and so on.

But I'll never break my oath of having CB Xenos only.

Oh, I almost forgot, I never freeze hatchies, that's just cruel. I only have 1 frozen hatchie but I did it by mistake, she got sick and wanted to fog her but I panicked and didn't notice I clicked on the freeze option, the site asked for my password, I typed it and voilá >.< but yeah, won't freeze anything ever again.

Usually I end up taking the first dragons I see from the AP that I haven't hatched before and stick them in a hatchery. If there's a lot of the same egg or ones I've had I go to the cave but it takes a lot longer. My main goal was to get to the 500 dragon mark but now that I've done that, I'm kind of floundering.  I guess I'll go for a ton of Gemshards now...

Usually, I get eggs from the cave, especially during releases. My scroll goals are very modest so I don't spend a lot of time hunting, but I do like to stalk the AP and try to find something interesting there. Also, recently I got into trying to get every Zombie sprite so that's what's occupying most of my time now.

That's a surprisingly hard question - I'm not sure at all.

I'm a very casual player so I'll pick up an egg or two every now and then, and rarely hunt in the biomes for more than half an hour. I don't have much goals to achieve on DC, I just like to own at least one of each sprite and create lineages. Then I'll just try to find the required eggs for the lineages I'm making, or just end up picking up the breeds that I feel like taking. The breeds that I like to collect have a tendency to vary a lot. :D I'm currently trying to find CB spring seasonals for a lineage.

I don't have a lot of time to play anymore, so I try to make the most of the time I do have.

First I'll breed for my lineage projects. Got one stubborn one that's taken 4 years and counting so far...

Then I'll check the AP and see if there's anything interesting. I don't really collect other people's lineages that much, but I'm behind on collecting and prefer to pick up lower time CB commons from there. I'm also pretty good at catching so I like to snag rare stuff just to look at it. 99% of the time I throw it back. If I don't, I'm either keeping it or gifting it. I give away a lot of Z codes, for example.

After that it's off to the biomes to hunt. I prefer the 5 minute drops to the hourly one. I always have a 'shopping list' and pick one or two biomes to hang out in. I'll wait for the egg I want and take a shot at anything rare that pops.

I do some trading, but not a lot. Most of the things I want are beyond my price range, generally. I might knock off some smaller scroll goals here and there, especially if I get a good AP find.

I usually grab CB commons or uncommon dragons, but I always look through the biomes for cool codes first before plucking out a batch. I look for CB rare dragons sometimes, but I never get a chance to grab them most of the time. I tend to breed a lot of 2G dragons to see if they look good together, if I don't personally like it enough then I end up abandoning it, with the intention for people to get inspiration or something and maybe finish the lineage!  I don't usually keep the completed lineages that I create from scratch either, I send it off to the AP so someone could appreciate it somewhere. 😉

But yeah generally my way of playing is just grabbing stuff from the AP and hunting codes. 😆

I hunt for any good looking or rare CBs on the AP and the caves whenever I have the chance. I much prefer finding them on the AP because of the shorter hatching times, but do pick up stuff from the caves too especially when I start to close in on my scroll's growing dragon limit. Still getting my bearings a bit since I only just joined some days ago, but I study the wiki a lot and spend time memorizing important egg descriptions and appearances. I'm pretty much constantly egglocked, but I like having as much stuff growing as possible at all times. Perhaps later I'll become pickier as the number of adult dragons I have grows. Right now my main focus is on getting some CB dragons with useful BSAs. I do get sidetracked and collect other things too though, like the CB Leodon I found on the AP a moment ago. I cannot stand looking at most lineages so a dragon's stay in my scroll is currently only ever guaranteed if it's a CB.

I go cave hunting for most uncommon things (nebulae, xenowyrms, balloons), get some gifts for other stuff, and occasionally AP-hunt when I can't get much in the cave. Most of my bred stuff goes to the AP.