Catto-Golden

ANSWERED:Eggs

My Celestial dragon gave me three eggs, two celestial and one the father's species, and instead of letting me pick it gave them all to me, putting me over my four-egg limit. Then, every single one of them auto-abandoned even though I was only one over the limit. Can I get one of them back? 

The mother's link https://dragcave.net/view/52bXA

Proof of overage Capture.PNG

Edited by Catto-Golden

Nope, sorry. When you breed it says that you can only keep one, and I can't confirm because I'm locked at the moment but I'm pretty sure it specifically says that all will be abandoned if you don't choose one (at least, I know that's what it says for holiday multi-clutches). If you don't choose any they all get auto-abandoned after a certain amount of time.

@HeatherMarie is correct. You have a certain amount of time to pick one and keep it, otherwise they are all auto-abandoned. I'm sorry you lost the egg you were looking for. Feel free to PM me--I'd be happy to breed a replacement in a few days. :)

I believe that once you had all the eggs on your scroll, you could have clicked one of them to get the option to "Keep", should you somehow miss (or not get offered) the choice screen again.

And the choosin screen never came up, either. The mother glitched and went out of her "real form" and back into the star form, and the eggs were on my scroll

I had a sort of similar thing happen and I wonder if they're related. I went to name a dragon, got the check mark confirming that the name wasn't taken, and submitted. The page refreshed with the name in place but I didn't get the confirmation page that says "You write the name on your scroll..." But when I navigated to the dragon's page the name was there, so the naming action did work. I just didn't get the confirmation page. I haven't named anything else lately so I don't know if this is still happening or if it was a one time thing.

So I just tested and my Celestial bred fine (for the record, naming is working fine for me too). This is what should appear when you breed a Celestial:

LZm6Vij.png

From there, you can click on one of the eggs to be taken to a page where you enter your password to keep that egg, or you can get to that same page by going to the actions page of the egg. From the sounds of it, that first selection screen never showed up for you? If so, I'm not sure what could have caused it; the best I could say is it sounds like a glitch.

If it happens again that you don't get to the "choose an egg" page, try the view page of the resulting eggs. I think this should lead you to the choice again. Otherwise, the action log might help.

When going to "Actions" on a held egg, you get the "keep" option, too.