HeatherMarie

DC nightly maintenance taking longer?

I've noticed this a lot lately, and I'm curious why this is happening. It used to be that the 3am maintenance only took like 10 minutes or so, sometimes less then that. But lately it's been taking longer, a significant amount of time longer... It's currently 20 past 3 and it's still down. Why is it taking so much longer nowadays? Is it just because the site has grown so much so whatever is being done takes longer, or is it possible something is wrong with the process that is making it take longer? 

edit: Now I'm getting a tombstone and error message instead of the maintenance message. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

I haven't noticed it taking longer on other nights, but I'm glad to see it's not just me tonight! I'm on a tetchy connection and not even getting the "Down for maintenance" anymore, just blank white page.

It still is usually ~10 minutes, from 3:01 to 3:11. Tonight it supposedly started at ~3:07, and at ~3:22 it started trying to load the page. It just finished loading with the error message.

Edit: Back to normal on my end.

Edited by 11th

Hmm, it seems to be back up now, though slow. I have seen the maintenance take longer then normal in the last two weeks or so though, a few nights it was at least 14-15 minutes. This is around the time I should be going to bed so I take notice of how long the site is down because I want to check my eggs one last time before leaving.

I can get to the biomes, I can get to the AP and to my account, but when I want to see my dragons I get an immediate "An error has occurred" message. :unsure:

I get the error msg w/ the tombstone as well, quite often, in the last month or so.  I figured that the maintenance was taking longer because of more DC players. 

Tombstone here too.

Edit: now switched to maintenance message. :)

Edit2: oh good, it's back. :)

Edited by MessengerDragon

This is happening again. It's 3:14am and the site has been down for maintenance, and now I'm getting an error tombstone instead of the maintenance message. Is something going wrong with the nightly maintenance that's causing these errors?

They just sometimes take really long anymore.  This is where I usually wander off and find something else to do.  But tonight I'm waiting for an egg to hatch so I can make a trade offer before I wander off.   It used to be maintenance was only about 5 minutes.  But that's been awhile back...

Maintenance started at the normal time tonight, and I was able to load the site at 3:11, as usual... for about ten seconds. After that, it went to maintenance again for a few minutes, and now it's on the error message.

It's not even loading at all for me. :P

ETA Oh wait it finally decided to load after ten minutes of not loading. I should have said something earlier! LOL :lol:

Edited by Fabula

Yup, still an error message, 21 after the hour now. I'm just curious if it's *supposed* to be taking so long, or if something is wrong, and why it keeps giving an error tombstone after maintenance. That shouldn't happen, right? ... And now it's back!

Just the error tombstone for me.  At least the forums are up this time.  *Waves at the other late-nighters*

I should totally be in bed, DC going down for nightly maintanence is usually when I make myself head bed-wards, but I wanted to stay on long enough to see if the error happened again. Which it did.

I'm getting the "Error Occurred" (still at 5:50am) when trying to access the Biomes. :/