TJ09

Sort by Groups

I'd be okay with this, but will not be upset if it does not come to pass. I have no preference about group order, want dragons to show normally, and have no preference about headers. 

If this were implemented, I might actually sort my scroll lol

(I never changed it from age sort, I love my first four way too much to breed or name sort, and now I have over 1,000 dragons, custom sort would be too much of a pain)

Since custom sorting (and other sorting) of groups is a thing, you could always create a group containing custom-sorted dragons, ensure they are in their rightful places, and then sort that group on top. That's what I'd be doing with my first-page dragons.

If this were added, though, I'd like to see a few small things alongside it:

- A group setting of 'automatic primary' so that any dragon added to it will always show up in that group rather than others. If a dragon is in multiple auto-primary groups, it goes by the first one it was added to (or the first to have been made primary). This would prevent the painful 'now I have to manually edit every dragon's primary group!' complaints.

- Groups will automatically take dragons' scroll order when created, and from then (unless another sort is chosen) new dragons are added to the bottom. (This is probably improvable - thoughts?) My idea is for organising those pesky few dragons you want to keep outside of any 'group area' but don't want to be renegaded to the end of the scroll (e.g. first page dragons). When setting up the group, you can simply add the dragons you want and they will remain in scroll order.

- In a somewhat similar vein to above, an 'apply scroll order' sort option for groups. The way I imagine this working with scrolls sorting by groups is that dragons are sorted by their primary group; ones whose primary is the current group move to the top, and then dragons sort in the same way the groups are sorted on the scroll. (Or all groups sort like scroll, meaning current-group dragons keep their relative scroll place? Or this as an option? Am I even making sense?) 

- An option of 'ungrouped dragons sort at top of scroll' vs 'ungrouped dragons sort at end of scroll' in the settings. Default would be ungrouped at the end.

I had more ideas but I forgot them while writing these.

I would probably find this helpful, especially if I could group my groups into groups and sort the groups in the groups. If would be especially helpful is I could apply filters within the group when viewing the dragons within that group.

While I wouldn't care if this was added (so long as it was an option like the current sorts), I would like the ability to transfer one group into another sort of like what Fiona mentioned. It would make it easier for transferring large amount of dragons to different groups all at the same time.

4 hours ago, Dorchet said:

While I wouldn't care if this was added (so long as it was an option like the current sorts), I would like the ability to transfer one group into another sort of like what Fiona mentioned. It would make it easier for transferring large amount of dragons to different groups all at the same time.

Can you explain what you mean by that? Is it being able to select a group as the source when adding dragons to a group (like you can currently select a lineage or breed)?

13 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Can you explain what you mean by that? Is it being able to select a group as the source when adding dragons to a group (like you can currently select a lineage or breed)?

I guess what I have been thinking is maybe being able to move a group to another. Say I have a group made but I want to be able to move all of the dragons that are in that group to a different group entirely. So instead of having to get all of the dragons from a previous group and move them to a different group breed by breed, I was wondering if being able to move an entire group into a different group would be possible? 

Move: Group 1 -> Group 2

Then after you move a group into another (moving all of the dragons from that group into the selected one), the first group vanishes.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense with this, it is hard to put words into what I'm imagining, I guess.

10 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I would like that! E.g. when trying to get pretty lineaged holiday-kins together in a group, I wouldn't need to search *all* my dragons (I still own many messies that I want to keep) or my caveborns, actually only the checkers (which I have a group for) and my stairs (for which I have a different group).

Dorchet seems to mean merging groups though.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I would like that! E.g. when trying to get pretty lineaged holiday-kins together in a group, I wouldn't need to search *all* my dragons (I still own many messies that I want to keep) or my caveborns, actually only the checkers (which I have a group for) and my stairs (for which I have a different group).

Dorchet seems to mean merging groups though.

Yeah, pretty much that is what I meant, haha. You put what I was trying to say into much simpler words, thanks! :D

Edited by Dorchet

ACTUALLY! And Kind of-sort of off topic maybe?

BUT am I the ONLY one that wishes that we could highlight more than four groups on our scrolls?

And maybe within the groups the ability to sort by gender? This would be particularly welcome with the dimorphic breeds and those with different poses.

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

And maybe within the groups the ability to sort by gender? This would be particularly welcome with the dimorphic breeds and those with different poses.

Yes, I'd quite like that as well. :) I'd definitely find it useful. 

OMG PLEASE PLEASE!

Groups has improved things.... but I would also really like tabs or some method to break the dragons into different groups so they show up they way I want them to when someone visits my scroll, or if I want to find something.

I agree with it being completely optional, and I would say that if someone wants, a dragon could show up in multiple places, just like a dragon can be part of multiple groups now.