Rekha

Netflix Binge Watchers

So I looked to see if there was a thread dedicated to shows on Netflix but i couldn't find anything. I have a habit of picking a show and binge watching it till its done if it's good enough or switching to the next to try and binge watch. I'm sure there are others like me out there. So I figured a thread for us to share what we're watching or suggest shows for others to watch would be a good thing. 

My current watch is DC's Legends of Tomorrow 

I love Legends of Tomorrow, it’s so great. Who’s your favorite characters ? 

And the last show I genuinely enjoyed was Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency 

For Legends I'd have to say it's sara. Flash is my favorite of the five superhero shows right now though :D

I'm currently binge watching inuyasha. I never got to see the whole series. I'm almost done season 5.

Inuyasha is on my list but I need to finish Naruto first. 

I absolutely love Rory he's so under appreciated. 

i don't know if I want to finish naruto, I never got too far into it. him battling gara is the last thing I remember.

I can't binge watch like some people, after 3 or 4 episodes I need a break from even my favorite shows. I'm currently catching up on the current season of Fuller House after finally renewing my Netflix subscription yesterday. I have tons of stuff on my watchlist but I tend to rewatch the same things over and over instead. 

Legends! I love it, I'm in the middle of the second season. I got too distracted re-watching New Girl.

I try not to rewatch too many things, besides firefly I can rewatch that any day. 

My list is so long im trying to get through it lol. Yea that's about where I am too in Legends. 

Yay for getting Netflix again. How is Fuller House? 

Firefly is so good! I caved and bought the series last fall because I couldn't stand trying to watch it on random sites that needed buffering every five minutes

Fuller House is pretty funny, I think it appeals more to people who actually watched the original Full House (I've seen every single episode) but it could be a good quick comedy watch on it's own. The kids are likable and somewhat-relateable, and while I've gotten caught up in the whole romance storyline with DJ there are also other storylines with the adults so it's not just romance crap. 

I watched full house growing up so I may have to give this a shot. 

I just finished DCs Legends of Tomorrow and loved it can't wait for the next season now I'm getting caught up with The Flash. 

Edit: And current watch with the Hubby is Gotham

Edited by Rekha

My current binge is Project Runway. There are only two seasons on Australian Netflix and I've seen them both, but I'm rewatching just because it's been so long. I'm getting obsessed again. :P 

I'm currently re-watching About A Boy, which my mom and I watched when it first aired on tv and I'd totally forgotten it even existed until I found it on Netflix. It's pretty funny and cute. I also have a habit of watching certain shows over and over on Netflix, like certain Disney shows that aren't on tv anymore but are on Netflix (Girl Meets World and Best Friends Whenever, mostly). And I got really into the Netflix original Richie Rich, it's a pretty entertaining little series that I wish had more seasons.

My husband and I are on a Netflix and Chill kind of vacation and we just binged the entire first season of Mindhunters yesterday. It's so good!! I really adore Netflix Originals. The next thing on our list is probably Re:Mind because of how intriguing it is. I've never watched a non-English Netflix original and this one looks so interesting! 

Last two weeks or so I've been re-bingeing all the Netflix Marvel shows in prep for Jessica Jones season 2 - so I ran through Daredevil, JJ season 1, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders (Already did Punisher when it came out, so that was recent enough). Got that done in time and binged the new Jessica Jones season in about two days. I'm now side-eyeing Supernatural, but there's so many episodes that it's a little intimidating thinking about catching up. :lol:  I'll probably chew that one down in bits and pieces. Gotta find something else in the meantime. Maybe Santa Clarita Diet since that has a new season coming out soon...

Edited by Foxpaw

1 hour ago, Foxpaw said:

Last two weeks or so I've been re-bingeing all the Netflix Marvel shows in prep for Jessica Jones season 2 - so I ran through Daredevil, JJ season 1, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders (Already did Punisher when it came out, so that was recent enough). Got that done in time and binged the new Jessica Jones season in about two days. I'm now side-eyeing Supernatural, but there's so many episodes that it's a little intimidating thinking about catching up. :lol:  I'll probably chew that one down in bits and pieces. Gotta find something else in the meantime. Maybe Santa Clarita Diet since that has a new season coming out soon...

I've been hesitating to watch Jessica Jones season 2 since I haven't watched Luke Cage or Defenders. I watched the first season of Daredevil and half of Iron Fist. I've been meaning to watch the next season of Daredevil, but I haven't gotten around to it. The others I'm a little less interested in, but I'm worried if I don't watch them then I won't get the most out of Jessica Jones. It's a dilemma! :P 

See, yeah, that's what I thought, which is why I just binged everything else. And then I watched season 2 and, aside from some name drops and a minor cameo by Foggy from DD, there was very little reference to the rest of the shows. It was just the first Jessica Jones season you had to watch. I'd assumed with all the craziness that went down in Luke Cage, Daredevil, or even just in Defenders, that there'd be more, but nah. It's pretty self contained. Which is nice in a way, since it means you don't actually have to watch 80 episodes or whatever of all these other shows just to see the second season, at least of JJ, and so my marathon ended up being mostly for fun (not that they had to twist my arm for Daredevil and Jessica Jones; they're my favorites anyway). Next season she has, I might just re-binge her own series and give myself a little extra free time for things like sleeping and eating. :lol:

Just finished my Jessica Jones S2 binge. Holy cow. So many emotions!! 

My most impressive binge was in December when I binged all seasons of Legends and all the cross over events in 2.5 days :D (I had no sleep) It's my obsession along with Supergirl. 

I'm so behind on my binging. I still haven't watched Jessica Jones S2. Thanks for your feedback @Foxpaw. I'm definitely going to finish Daredevil and I'll try to finish Iron Fist, but I'm still a bit unsure about Luke Cage and Defenders. 

@hazeh did you watch all the others before Jessica Jones S2? 

In the meantime, I've been watching too much reality TV. I finished Queer Eye in one night. :lol:

Edited by StormWizard212

14 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I'm so behind on my binging. I still haven't watched Jessica Jones S2. Thanks for your feedback @Foxpaw. I'm definitely going to finish Daredevil and I'll try to finish Iron Fist, but I'm still a bit unsure about Luke Cage and Defenders. 

@hazeh did you watch all the others before Jessica Jones S2? 

In the meantime, I've been watching too much reality TV. I finished Queer Eye in one night. :lol:

Just Jessica Jones the first season, and then a handful of episodes from the Defenders. I'm so not interested in Iron Fist haha. Maybe at some point I'll watch Daredevil or Luke Cage, but I don't really care much for dude superheros anymore. 

That's good to know, then. Maybe I will start watching Jessica Jones without the rest. I got back into Daredevil last night and watched a bit, then I got distracted again. :P I've been watching a lot of Grace and Frankie, too, which is amazing. Absolutely loving it!

I tend to binge stuff I'm nostalgic about, if I can find any. Been binging the early seasons of ER on Hulu in the last few weeks. Sometimes I'll binge early seasons of America's Next Top Model, although I lost interest after season 17/All Stars, when Allison got robbed (IMHO) for the second time. The Great Food Truck Race is fun, although for some reason I can only find from season 4 onward these days.

And of course, I'm still hoping that the old show Homefront (early 1990s) will make it onto Netflix or Hulu or at least dvd. One of the best shows ever, and the network screwed it over, kept moving it around so that no one knew from week to week when it would come on, and then they killed it off due to low ratings. Well, duh! Of course the ratings won't be there if no one can ever find the show to watch it!

I'm not really sure if the way I watch things would count as binge watching exactly, but I've watched quite many episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine recently. It's quite fun.