jerzeeshadow

Playing Dragon Cave Without Names?

As someone who recently lost their naming rights (hopefully not forever), I was wondering if there are any other players out there in the same boat.  You can post here, maybe explain how you continued on with nameless dragons?  

(Note to Mod, please give this thread a few days before you kill it. I'd like to see if anybody else has continued past this sad point.)

I don't know when I lost all my names. In the old cave, if you were inactive for 2 months, all your dragons became unnamed. Today DC doesn't work like that. All I know is that I re-joined DC on 21st April 2017 after 4 year long hiatus and had 324 unnamed dragons. At first I wanted to leave them unnamed, it's just too many to name. I didn't want to have some named and much more unnamed dragons. And I didn't want to risk burned scroll or dead dragon because of inapropriet name which I don't know is inapropriet - I'm not native English speaker, so this always scared me.

But some of my dragons have special place in my heart. My first one - Magi. My first female - Purple. Legendary Trio dragons... I still remembered many of those names, even though they were given 7 years ago. So after around one month I named them again. Almost all weren't taken (not much surprise because the're mostly names in Czech). It would be nice to have all my drgons named, but as I stated above, they're just too many. And I'm catching faster than I'm naming - at the moment I have 171 named and 448 unnamed dragons. It's a little easier to come up with something if there is some pattern, for example I'm naming all my Nebulas after bright stars (I add suffixes when the name is taken). And I'm trying to name all dragons that have been gifted / traded to me, and all parents if I don't keep the children.

I don't regret to have only few named dragons. All are loved, but some are special to me and some were easy to come up with something.

I've not been in the position of being unable to name/lost names, but ~1500 out of ~4000 of mine aren't named.  The way I see it is dragons be mysterious critters who sometimes don't want the puny humans to know their true names, so they don't tell us.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Story-wise, you might also put it this way: when you can beam your ideas directly into a recipient's head, why would you need names? The puny humans need language and words to differentiate each other because they don't have telepathy like dragons do! Aren't dragons swell?

My first thought at the thread title was: "Don't take that name-all-faces oath."

Hopefully you had all your dragons grouped before this happened, otherwise finding specific dragons might become difficult (unless you can memorize all your dragons' codes, of course)

@Ruby Eyes

I did have some of my dragons grouped.  (Mostly prizes and holiday breeds.)   It will take me awhile to get things straight in my head.  But I am confident that I can get through this. And hopefully a year from now I can have that privilege back.  I'm gonna earn it back this coming year.

Become an avid code collector? I know it's a measly compensation, but I don't like seeing unnamed dragons, so I always pass by cool code ones knowing they'd be wasted on me... but now you have incentive to get them! Make something like this :P (warning, code naughtiness!)

I have some pretty questionable names on my scroll. Maybe I should rename my Dragons real quick. O_O Honestly, that would suck tremendously. I think I'd lose interest in DC if that ever happened to me. >_<

@angelicdragonpuppy I already collect codes, so yeah, that will definitely help my experience.  (I have this small collection of codes so far.)  And guess what?  I have a sibling to your obsessively rude GW, ha ha!😆

@Metal-n-Monster Message me your naughty names, and we'll see how BAD they really are.😈

Thank you guys for posting on here, it really helps me!  I like knowing I won't be shunned for my mistakes.  I'd like to apologize to anyone whom I've offended with my extremely bad choice of names.  It was wrong of me to push the limits of DC's naming system.  I wholeheartedly regret my decisions, they were extremely unwise and non-caring on my part.  I should have realized others would be offended.  Again, please accept my apologies.  I am very, very sorry for this.