Nightlark

No Vampires in Halloween Biom?

I have been hunting for a while now, and I have not seen any eggs with the Vampire description on it, only those eggs from the pygmy pumpkin year forward, is this intentional?

I would imagine so, yes. You can get a CB Vampire by biting a CB Egg, so there's no need to have them drop in the biome.

A TRUE CB Vampire is a Vampire that has never been bitten, thus no, you cannot have a true CB Vampire by biting a CB egg. I am looking for a TRUE CB Vampire egg.

Agree, maybe next year TJ can offer some vamps too, as its too late now I imagine.

Even if it takes a day or two to add them, we still have the 31st to catch them, technically of course... then again maybe that is the plan: have it take over the Halloween biom like it did the cave the first year it was released, as though it converted all the Halloween eggs LOL :P just a thought LOL

I suppose part of the thing is that as vampires cannot breed, there is no "need" to bring them back to help with lineages...

Vampires are no longer considered Halloween dragons. That's what allows them to "breed" all year. 

And yet heedless of what the community may consider them due to their bite and year-round hunger, it still stands that it was the FIRST Halloween dragon released. Trends of thought cannot change that fact, nor can trends change the fact that yes, the "bitten by" lineage is a type of traceable connection between Vampires just like the breeding dragons. I like to call it their Bloodline, but that's just me.

And it still stands, Vampires that have a Bloodline behind them, though they were CB before they were bitten, are still not TRUE CB Vampires. Or shall we start calling it CF for "Cave Found" since the Vampire isn't exactly "born"? Just the same it would be nice if it was included at some point, if for no other reason than it was the first Halloween dragon released.

I would love if Vamps were dropped in the Halloween biome. But I think that may be the trade-off we get for being able to get them year-round. In order to have them available year-round, they stopped being "official" Halloween dragons. Notice also that we didn't have the option of selecting a Vamp for the trick-or-treat event. It's no longer a Halloween dragon.

lol. "True" caveborn vs. not caveborn; which do these count as? https://dragcave.net/view/1UdD 

https://dragcave.net/view/KJ2k  They're both from the "cave" and have no bite lineage, but are not original dragons because I wasn't around in 2008. 

I mean, I don't really think we need new Vamps since they don't breed and you can bite CB dragons for a CB vamp.  But that's me, I guess.  Also, they are always available, I can think of far more interesting dragons I want to take up slots for this limited breeding week. 

Laugh all you like, but let the facts be known:

A cave-born that has been bitten has this on their information:

https://dragcave.net/view/cRhFX

It lists the specific biome from which the egg was taken AND the "Bitten By" dragons name. You can also click to see a list of dragons that have been bitten that were successfully turned (its children)

In any Vampire's case, you can click on the name in the "Bitten By" to follow the Bloodline back to the TRUE "cave-born" Vampire. In this I need only click once, and this is what I see on the TRUE "cave-born" Vampire information:

https://dragcave.net/view/Ghub

NOTE: A TRUE "cave-born" Vampire dragon will have the "CAVE" shone as its native location AND it will NOT have a "Bitten By" section. Like all Vampires that have been able to successfully turn another dragon, it will have a "Bitten" dragon list.

@TJ09 I would love for the Vampires to come back, if only for a day, just so I could catch one from the cave, or the new Halloween biome. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Nightlark said:

Laugh all you like, but let the facts be known:

A cave-born that has been bitten has this on their information:

It lists the specific biome from which the egg was taken AND the "Bitten By" dragons name.

In any Vampire's case, you can click on the name in the "Bitten By" to follow the Bloodline back to the TRUE "cave-born" Vampire.

NOTE: A TRUE "cave-born" Vampire dragon will have the "CAVE" shone as its native location AND it will NOT have a "Bitten By" section. Like all Vampires that have been able to successfully turn another dragon, it will have a "Bitten" dragon list.

Not all vamps have a bite lineage as you can see in my above post.  "True" CB vamps were released in 2008. The bite BSA was released in 2010, but bite lineages didn't show up till a few months later, so the first wave of "new" vamps do NOT have a bite lineage.  and can be from "cave" rather than a biome. again as shown by the two I linked above.  Which is why I asked which way they counted.  The only way to tell an original vamp from the new is the date.  Not whether it has no lineage. The one you linked is an Original 2008.

@DragonLady86 they're simply making the point that they'd like to be able to get Vampires without a "bitten by" notice, which is understandable. 

While I get where you're coming from, OP, I think it might make sense to push for vampires returning as a rare year round drop instead of a Halloween one. While getting clean Vampires clearly matters to you and I imagine would matter to some others, due to their year round nature and lack of breeding I do think they would be a lot less valued then any other Halloween and widely regarded as a nuisance clogging up the Halloween biome. Yes, it's true they originally dropped on Halloween, but in every other way they differ from what we know as the Halloween standard, so a different way of treating them makes sense to me. Might be a neat twist if they were a bit more common in the other biomes during Halloween week, though.

10 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Not all vamps have a bite lineage as you can see in my above post.  "True" CB vamps were released in 2008. The bite BSA was released in 2010, but bite lineages didn't show up till a few months later, so the first wave of "new" vamps do NOT have a bite lineage.  and can be from "cave" rather than a biome. again as shown by the two I linked above.  Which is why I asked which way they counted.  The only way to tell an original vamp from the new is the date.  Not whether it has no lineage. The one you linked is an Original 2008.

Fascinating details there, so I am now able to tell what from what by also including the date.

That being said, IF we were to get them this year at all, they would have a new date, and depending on what he wanted to do with the cave itself, they might also have "Halloween" listed as their native biome.

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Might be a neat twist if they were a bit more common in the other biomes during Halloween week, though.

It might be neat to have the other past dragon drop in the new Halloween biome during the week, but on the day of the 31st, have the Vampires take over LOL

@TJ09 if not this year, maybe next year.... pwease?