cattygal210

Wolf Pack: Fight for the Xenon Crystal

Storm listened to his encouraging words. "I know I'm a good Alpha, it's just.." she hesitated not wanting to admit it. "...I'm afraid..." she sighed. Arcum was one of the few members who was with her and Artemis when he was still alive. "Artemis chose me for a reason and I just don't want to disappoint him." She couldn't help but wonder if Artemis would've still chosen her to be Alpha if he knew that she would've had Rayne. Alphas didn't usually have pups unless they had a partner to take care of the pup and defend Alpha. She began to have flashbacks to the nightmare she had just had. The depiction of Artemis in her nightmare was nothing like who he really was. She glanced back at Arcum. "You didn't..You didn't find him... Did you?" She said with not much hope in her voice.

((here's the other character that I mentioned the other day but forgot to post:

Name: Dakota

*Nickname: Dako and whatever else her packmates might call her.

*History: she doesn’t remember it or at least that’s what she claims.

*Mate: none

*Pups: none

Pack that you belong to: Outcasts

Personality: only friendly around her packmates, can be a bit short-tempered at times, and stubborn.

Power: can manipulate emotions and feelings but only for about 15 minutes.

Appearance: wolf

*Additional comments: she's glad that Vokun is now alpha. she didn’t like how Carnage was running things but she also didn’t speak out against him.))

Edited by Dragonpelt

Arcum turned his head away. There was an uncomfortable pause. "...I... lost the trail about a year ago... I might have found him if I had one of the Xenon shards to guide me, but I dare not rwmove it from the pack... regardless, I'm sorry." He turned to face her again, "I do not plan to fail this pack again..."

(Accepted @Dragonpelt)

Storm had a cold stare as she layed down on the chilly cave floor. 'He's dead...Just accept it already.. There's nothing you can do about it. Artemis wouldn't want you looking for his dead body anyway, he'd want you to instead focus on finding the crystal he hid', she thought to herself. "You didn't fail. You were the only one brave enough to go looking for him when we all knew his fate. I shouldn't have sent you and for that I apologize", she spoke softly. She didn't know what it was but it seemed like she missed Artemis now more than ever now that things were getting rough. He wasn't just her mentor, he was the one who took her in one wintry night when the Guardians found her as an orphan living on her own in the forest. He raised her as if she was his own. "You should probably get yourself some sleep after the journey you've endured", she said to Arcum.

Edited by cattygal210

Arcum took a deep breath, its had been a long time since he lived with a pack, so his first thought was to retort, but he stopped himself, and nodded to Storm, "Very well Alpha." With a small smile, he curled up into a ball, paused, and then closed his eyes.

Storm kept her eyes out for any movement or noises. She let out a yawn realizing she should've gotten more sleep earlier when Kiji suggested it. But she would manage for now. She watched the blizzard and could see it was starting to die off.

((thank you catty smile.gif))

After Kim had finished eating, she looked over at Storm and Arcum and watched as the latter went over to a shadowed corner and fell asleep. She thought this would be a good time to ask their Alpha what she wanted to so she made her way over to where she was laying down and stopped a few feet away before bowing her head a bit in respect. "Um Storm I'd like to ask you a question. Could I get permission to go to the site where my parents died in a few days? I'll bring two other wolves with me just in case there are Outcasts or bears in the area," Kim asked and said a bit hesitantly before lifting her head again to look her in the eyes. "The two wolves I was going to ask to go with me are Blaze and Eclipse but if you need them here I can ask two other ones instead."

Dakota was eating with the rest of the pack when Quinn had walked up to him and challenged him before threatening Vokun. She then watched with interest as Vokun seemed to get control over his power and banished Quinn from the pack. When the pup was gone and Vokun took over as alpha and Frost took his side before bringing him over to a den and freezing the entrance, she finished her meal and went over to it but stayed off to the side some so as to keep watch in case any of their packmates that were on Carnage’s side decided to make a threatening move against Vokun and Frost. "Just so you guys know I support you and if you need any assistance you can count on me," she spoke quietly against the ice wall covering the den before falling asleep while curling into a ball where she was laying. The cold emanating from the barrier didn't bother her as the warmth that generated from her ball warmed her slightly.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Storms ear turned to listen to the wolf. "We will all go. We will give you your privacy but the pack needs to stay together. If you want to bring Blaze and Eclipse to assist you to the actual site you may, but the rest of the pack will remain a few feet away, for your safety", she spoke sternly. Something then caught her eye outside of the cave. She almost didn't notice but when she looked, she saw Artemis. His white fur almost completely blending in with the blizzard. She turned to Kim, "D-Do you see-..." when she turned her head back, he was gone. "...Nevermind. Goodnight", she sighed as She wasn't picking up on a scent either. 'Great, now I'm losing my freaking sanity. I need a break from all this stress', she thought to herself.

Slade had been keeping an eye out when all the drama had unfurled before him. He watched as his sister had finally mustered up the strength to leave the pack. 'I didn't need her anyway...She was useless to me and this pack', he thought to himself as he didn't even care that he'd probably never see her again. Slade smirked as he saw Vokun and Frost. 'Ha, Frost is just Vokuns little puppet. This had got to be some kind of joke. A pack can't be run by a pup', he thought to himself as he was chewing a bone, staying a food distance from the rest of the pack.

Lily woke up and smelled the meat someone put beside her. She attacked it with vigor. She then went to get a drink before looking around. She should check on Alpha's wounds. She went over to where Storm was, and Kiji still asleep curled around Rayne muttering something about pups and being a dad. "Alpha? May I take a look at your wounds? Are you hurting anywhere?"

----

Yakuza had spread out , the little space heating up easily. Thick fur and his enhancement expelled a lot of heat. He got up and shook his fur, never sleeping well anyway, he pushed the stone open the closed laying down outside to let the refreshingly cold water run over him.

Storm had her eyes fixed on the blizzard outside the cave. Her eyes focused trying to catch any movements. 'I swear I saw him.. He was there', her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Lily spoke. She turned her head. "Oh um, it's ok. I'm fine really" she lied. 'What are you doing? She's offering you help and you turn her away. How dare you!' She looked at Lily before speaking again, "I'm sorry. That was rude of me.. I'm just not used to people helping me heal", she admitted. "I think my cuts have stopped bleeding for now. But I cant say anything about my internal bleeding. The pain is only mild". Storms external wounds had crusted over with dried blood as they began to heal. But she was still bleeding internally but at a much slower rate since the bone and fragments had been removed. She then diverted her attention to her, "Why are you still awake?" She asked curiously.

Quinn was fast asleep when her ears picked up on movement. When she opened her eyes, Yakuza was gone. She grew scared for this was her first night not sleeping with a pack. She continued laying down as she tried to go back to sleep

"Okay and if the whole pack's going I probably won't need two other wolves to assist me. I understand," Kim said in reply before looking outside the cave entrance as well. When she heard Storm start speaking about seeing someone in the blizzard, she tried to focus her eyes on what her leader saw but didn't see anything. When she said never mind she nodded and then said in reply to the last thing she said, "Good night." After she had said that, she walked over to a corner near the back of the cave and laid down before falling asleep shortly afterward.

Lily scratched her ear. "A pack respects the alpha who respects them. I'm healing you because I want to. And.... I just woke up. I passed out for a while. You didn't eat the herb mix I gave you. You have to eat it or else you'd die from internal bleeding and there's nothing I can do about that. " She scolded lightly as a friend would do to another who was pushing herself too hard. "Who would watch the pack if you're not around? Or Rayne?"

She frowned and looked at Kiji who started to twitch and whimper as freakish tears went down his white fur muttering about a brother and mother and being weak. "And how can you concentrate with him talking in his sleep?"

---

Yakuza came in, belly and tail soaked as he closed the door and left a trail of water in his wake, moving around Quinn and back to his spot. He painted softly, tired but too hot to sleep.

Storm knew she was right. She was stubborn when it came to taking medicine but she could hear the concern and seriousness in Lily's voice. "Right, I'll take the medicine, thank you." She then looked over at Kiji and Rayne. 'Who would look after the pack and Rayne if I were gone... I can't let that happen', she thought. She pulled out the herbs she had kept on her and took them. They left a fowl taste in her mouth but she knew she would get scolded for not taking them. She then looked at Kiji worriedly. "I think he's having a nightmare", she said to Lily as she layed down beside Kiji and licked around his ears and face while letting out a soft, worried whimper. She wasn't sure if she should wake him, for she didn't want to be rude but she also didn't want to watch him suffer as he had bad dreams. Storm noticed the blizzard had almost died off, leaving nothing but a light flurry of snow coming down as early morning approached.

Quinn was asleep when he entered the den again. She felt drops of water fall on her as he walked past her and she shivered slightly in her sleep

As the morning light broke into the cave, Arcum's sapphire eyes opened with a glow. He almost jumped as he had forgotten he was in a cave with other wolves. The feeling of belonging had yet to set in, but he was realizing why he missed it. Safety. Care. Maybe even fun. All things that didn't apply to lone wolves. He got up with a stretch, thin ice breaking off his joints allowing him full movement on. He was lucky it never froze more than it did, or else he would have been a living statue all the time.

(letting you know I changed my username and if I can have a recap, I'm a bit lost)

((I also changed my username and @Dalek Raptor, Lily went over to Storm and checked on her and to give her further instructions on how to get healed further. I added a new outcast char and she's asleep after telling Frost and Vocun through the iced entrance that she was on their side. I also had Kim ask Storm for permission on going to the site where her parents died and it was decided that they'd all go so that the pack can stay together for safety and she's asleep. it's now morning so we can start having our chars wake up and do their normal things. if I missed anything catty and company, feel free to add what I might've missed in this recap.))

Edited by SkySong278

Kiji whimpers louder and sat up gasping for air, squinting in the light. "Jack stop!" he snapped as he woke, jumping to his feet, eyes glowing and snow flurries fluttered around him. Although early, the fresh snow made it quite bright on the mountain.  He took a minute to realize, it was a dream. Just a dream. "Yeah, a dream.. a dream..." He muttered shaking his head side to side slowly. 

Lily was startled at Kiji's sudden action, and the stronger  colder wind swirling around him for a moment before settling down as the gleam in his eyes faded away and he shook his head as if clearing it from a dark thought. She froze and  staired at him. She never thought that Kiji had a power, well one that was useful for he never showed it to anyone. Must have been the dieing storm and lack of sleep... she thought to herself. After all the wind was brief and faded quickly. 

---

Yakuza snorted and bummed Quinn. "Up. Dawn." He said, still wet from his late night dip in the water. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

(@Dalek Raptor, basically everything that SkySong278 mentioned. Everyone is waking up now)

Storm looked over at Kiji worried. "Are you ok?" she whined softly as she picked up on something bothering him.

Rayne woke with a fright when Kiji started whimpering and shouting in his sleep. She pawed at his feet softly. 

Quinn stood quickly. "Thank you for letting me stay the night", She said as she began to head for the door

He looked at them both. "Sorry. I will be fine in a moment. Startled... and quite frightened... but will be fine. " He breathed. "Don't ask. I rather not say." He said in a huff then nosed Rayne. "Lets get something to eat little one."

-----

Yakuza nodded and pushed open the stone door, heading immediately to get a long drink. 

Storm was about to ask when he said not to. She respected his wishes and looked back at the others as some of them began to wake. Normally she would've woken them promptly and stuck to a schedule, but she wasn't in a hurry today. She decided she'd let everyone wake up at their own pace and once everyone was up and fed, they'd head out. She looked outside the cave. Besides the snow on the ground, you could barely tell there was a blizzard hours ago. She stepped outside the cave by herself and layed in the cool snow. She kept her head low as she just observed the outdoors. 

Rayne wagged her tail excitedly. "Yes! I'm hungry!" She began a sprint to the best carcass, making sure Kiji followed behind her. 

Quinn felt bad for just leaving but she had nothing more to offer the wolf. She began walking away from his den as she sniffed around for any signs of something she could hunt. She picked up on the scent of a deer nearby and began following the trail.

((catty you can just call me Sky, song, or SS278 now. it used to be Dragonpelt or DP but I changed it. I'm going to wait to post as Dakota for now))

Kim woke up when she heard Storm and Kiji up, especially Kiji when she heard him yell in his sleep. She didn't mind being woken up because she would've gotten up soon anyway. She sat up and stretched a bit before walking around the cave some and then went to the pool without the waterfall to get some water to drink.

(just call me Dalek please =3)

Eclipse woke up startled by the sound of yelling. Yawning, he stretched out before getting up. His side still hurt him terribly, but at least he could is move about. Besides, he was thirsty. He moved over to the pool to notice Kim was also there, his tail wagging slightly.

---

Solar was digging through the snow to find a hare. She was determined to eat. Sighing, she eventually gave up before moving elsewhere for a meal, wasting precious energy.

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Kim looked up from the pool when she heard someone come close to it and saw that it was Eclipse. She didn't notice that his tail wagged slightly when he saw her but she did notice when hers did at his approach but chose to ignore it. "Hey. How are doing? I mean with your injured side," she asked and said shyly. "Also if you're up for it, want to go hunting with me in awhile?"

Edited by SkySong278

Kiji ate with Rayne and went to drink water, gathering up his stones and placed them in the pouch around his neck.  He heaved a sigh at the pair. The bear was enough to feed them for three days. It was plain to him that the two liked each other. His ears folded to his skull as he looked at his reflection in the stagnant water. Thinking about his dream.... in the reflection of the water he could see it again. Snow marred by crimson, his own weakness causing the lives of his pack members. All slane by Jack-or so he thought- made easy targets by freezing them in place. The worst part was, when he looked into his brother's eyes, Kiji saw his own rage and cool collectiveness like his brother's eyes had held the day he tried to kill him. What had attacked the pack wasn't Jack but him. With a snarl he snapped at the water sending ripples throughout  the pool before heading back to the cave front and out into the snow, footprints were the only way to tell where he went, matching the white and soft grey blues of the snow. 

Lily watched Kiji with interest, never seen the perky wolf so dark and brooding before. Slowly she moved over to the carcass to get more meat.

--

Yakuza watched her go, not stopping her in the slightest. He moved to deeper waters to fish. He was good at it, given his paw striking the water was similar to a black bear's. Splash!  he hit a fish to the shore, then did it again, missing one. 

----

Frost woke at dawn and defrosted the opening, making sure the new alpha ate, he walked alongside him towards the mountain. Looks like the storm had cleared. 

Eclipse yawned slightly. "It still hurts a bit," he said, taking a few laps of water. He had to consider Kim's offer. He stayed quiet for a few minutes as he drank. While being with the pack was nice, he still felt like having one on one time with another wolf was a warm welcome besides his sister or the alpha. "Sure," he finally said. "That sounds like a good idea."