cattygal210

Wolf Pack: Fight for the Xenon Crystal

Arcum directed one eye to the inside of the cave. At first, a female came up to introduce herself. Arcum gave her a nod that he acknowledged her name, "My name is Arcum." He didn't really have much more to add, until Storm requested for him to enter. He slowly shook his head, "You all need your warmth, my body is as cold as this blizzard, I do not wish to take away what little warmth is left inside... Alpha." He bowed to her. He spoke his argument, but he knew if she requested it again, he could not refuse. He was loyal to the Alpha of the Guardians, and if Storm held the title, then he was loyal to her.

Raven exhaled with relief. Rayne was being fed. She hadn't thought of that. You're so selfish. Again Raven folded her ears to her head ashamed. The she-wolf turned her back on the meat having ate fairly recently. The other members needed it much more than she did. Unsure of what else to do, she paced back and forth in a less densely populated part of the cave. Should she keep watch? She knew the Outcasts were going to be another few days before they kept moving. Carnage wouldn't admit it, but he was getting sick. She could hear it in his voice and they way he tried to hide the stiffness in his joint. May it kill him. Breifly she wondered if his power rendered him some form of immortality. It had been a long while since he'd used it. Most times he couldn't. Dead animals had to be nearby. As a pup, he would kill rabbits and resurrect them for fun. It always terrified Raven. One time, in the dead of night, he killed a baby rabbit and then resurrected it and had it scream its blood-chilling death cry. Raven didn't sleep for days after. She swore the more he used his power, the closer to death himself he came. His "mask" was slowly becoming his real face, and his breath smelled of decay. I wonder if the power the crystal had given him was warped by his evil. If he had been good maybe he could've brought back wolves. Uncorrupted, fully sentient wolves instead of the terrifying half-dead things.. The she-wolf approached the mouth of the cave surprised to see a wolf she hadn't seen before. Of course she didn't know all the Guardians, but this one didn't have the scent of the pack. He smelled only of the outside. Her hackles rose defensively. He wasn't doing much of anything other than keeping watch. I guess he's not a threat? She settled down not too far from him and kept an eye on him.

--------

Vokun muttered some disappointment and thought to exert his power but quickly dismissed it. I'm not Carnage. He was grateful for Frost's kindness. Shadows around them giggled at the way Frost appeared to undermine his power like children laughing at another who had been scolded by their mother. Vokun rolled his eyes at them. "Thank you, Frost." A few of the imps appeared, half going to Vokun and the others going towards Frost. If one listened closely and watched, they could just make out their shapes in the dim light and distinguish their giggles from the breeze. One brave one walked up the the he-wolf and pulled a whisker. In an instant it was back with its friends giggling. Vokun snorted in annoyance. "Leave him be," he said as he laid down. If one was unaware of the imps, it would've appeared Vokun was talking to himself.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Storm looked at Arcum with a serious look. "Please..." she said in a grave voice. She was an easygoing person but didn't like it when people didn't listen. If a member of her pack couldn't follow simple orders then how could she trust them to listen to her commands in battle when it meant life and death. She didn't feel like she needed to explain herself nor was she going to. The fact remained that she wanted him inside for his own safety and for the fact that the other wolves didn't know this stranger and it was making some of them uneasy. Storm then looked back at Rayne. She was already passed out after eating. That out her at ease. Storm pulled Rayne closer to her so she could groom the sleeping pup. She cleaned her up as she looked out the cave, seeing that it was nightfall now. She had to stay awake to keep watch overnight.

Blazeleaf let Storm take the last few steps towards the rest of the pack on her own. He himself knew he could never be Alpha -- he didn't have the pride to hide his own weakness. Tail down, he fell into pace with the bear sliding on the ice instead, since Kim seemed to be taking care of Eclipse just fine.

Inside, he kept his distance from the wolves crowding around their injured Alpha, opting instead to find the spot he warmed earlier to lay down. It was no longer warm, but the cave itself had already heated up a little thanks to the bodies inside.

He gave Arcum, the ice wolf at the mouth of the cave, an intense, unblinking stare. Kiji growled at that wolf, but nobody else seemed to mind his presence. Blazeleaf himself could only manage to tolerate him, and once Kiji made sure Storm and her pup were fed, Blazeleaf got up to drag the fresh bear's body deeper into the cavern to share with the rest. Arcum was cold, and his fur seemed to bring the chill in. The orange-and-white wolf moved to find a warmer spot before releasing the kill and taking a piece for himself to bring to a corner.

"Bluebell," he called to his sister, "come eat, first. Can't let the alpha's efforts go to waste."

"I'm Eclipse," he said tiredly to Kim as Lunar rushed over. "Are you okay brother?" she asked worriedly. She couldn't help but glare at Storm for a second. She could have gotten her brother killed! Heck! They both could have gotten killed. She looked over at Kim. "I thank you for getting him back here," she said to Kim.

~~~~~

Solar shivered slightly before digging in the snow a bit to find and kill a small rabbit to munch on. She needed a pack. She couldn't live with small wonderland animals forever. She paused, catching wind of wolves and started to head towards the scent.

Lily approached eclipse and studied his wounds. Nothing major like the Alpha's, but it was a little deeper then she thought. Still with an easy exhale she healed the smaller nicks and bruises, making the wounds close most of the way, packing the rest with moss. To tired to move over and get some meat Lily moved four steps away and promptly collapsed on to her side eyes half closed.

Kiji started cleaning Storm as she cleaned Rayne. "You'll make yourself weaker if you don't rest. I'll keep watch the first part of the night, then wake you for the last part. You heard Lily, you shouldn't move from here for a while. Be careful or she'd pull the ' doctor's orders ' on you. I remember when I twisted my left paw. She's stubborn when it comes to a wolf's health. Your health especially. Think about it, how good is a alpha when they run themselves to the ground thinking about their pack and not for themselves sometimes?" he said while carefully cleaning around her wounds before laying down beside her once again trying to keep the chill at bay. "Please do not thank me for my actions. This kindness was shown to a half dead pup freezing in a storm with equal strength as this one, his paw stuck in a frozen puddle, in freezing rain and with a bite on his neck."

-------

He snarled sneezed and exhaled sharply. Eeeah khu ah. Where the sounds he made. He did it again pointing his nose at himself against his chest, then at her. Nnnnnnnnn. Eeeah khu ah. He then lifted a paw, waved it in the air as if saying to come inside more the put his head on the ground, covering his muzzle with his paws and a whine showing he wouldn't attack her.

---

((Forgot frost.))

Frost huffed cold air at the shadows. Twitching his lips when a whisker twanged from being pulled. "Strong power. Have you ever thought about using these troublesome things to spy?" He asked showing his teeth at another I'm that dared get close. With the entrance sealed off with thick ice to keep out carnage the giggles of the shadow creatures was nearly impossible to see, however when they moved in front of his frost, he could spot it swirling in the white cloud. ((Much like those ghost shows that use lasers or fog to see shadow figures moving.))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"It's nice to meet you Arcum and you too Eclipse although I thought we already knew each other but I can be wrong about that. It is a big pack. I'm Kimberly or just Kim as some friends call me," Kim said in reply to both of Arcum's and Eclipse's intros before turning her attention towards Lunar. "You're welcome and also if I haven't actually introduced myself to you before I'm Kim," she said in reply with a smile before moving a few feet away and was about to lay down when she saw Lily collapse out of the side of her vision. "Are you okay?" she asked her as she went over to where she was and with a concerned expression on her face.

((@TehUltimateMage is Blaze jealous or just being grumpy? he's cute either way but just asking out of curiosity

also @RoD, if you meant for Eclipse to say his intro to Arcum instead of Kim I'll edit because I might've misread your post which is what I think I did earlier with catty and Aroara with Storm and Lily))

Edited by Dragonpelt

Storm nodded to him as she listened. "If I let you take first watch, you must sound off if you hear of see anything." She sighed knowing she'd be scolded for not resting but it was after all entirely on her to keep the pack safe and keep a close eye out. She would trust him to do her this favor. "I'm going to go wash up before I lay down for the night. Can you keep an eye on her for a moment?", She asked referring to Rayne, who could practically sleep through anything. She nudged her pup closer to Kiji so he could keep her warm as she stood again. Most of her wounds had stopped bleeding now. She could make it to the pools of water but would have to take a moment to relax before making her way back to Kiji. She walked over to the pools that were located in the back of the cave. There were two of them, one had a waterfall flowing into it- that one was for bathing. And the other pool was just still water for drinking. She dipped her aching body into the pool with the waterfall. The water was super chilled but it felt soothing on her aches and wounds. She let the water from the waterfall wash off the remaining dirt and blood that might've been on her. She later in the pool for a moment, regaining her strength to get back up to go back over to Kiji. As she layed there, she closed her eyes and thought to herself, 'You can't keep this up... The alpha position is no role for a single mother trying to raise a pup. Rayne needs you. What would've happened today if something would've happened to Rayne? It would've been all your fault for leaving your own daughter in the hands of a stranger. A stranger! What kind of mother leaves her daughter in the care of someone else... But being an alpha is what you trained for for years. You were taught by the best and had the honor bestowed to you'. Storm let out a silent tear as she was conflicted. Being alpha was her dream, everything she ever wanted. But she knew her pup needed her more. And she couldn't continue to do both on her own. She began to think about who she could possibly give the role to, for she would always be a mother first, and an alpha second.

Quinn tilted her head, confused. She took to her feet and walked towards him hesitantly. "A-Are you hurt?" She asked as she misinterpreted his actions. She looked him over not noticing anything that could indicate he was injured.

Arcum nodded at the Alpha's command. Keeping watch was something he enjoyed, but it would have to wait. He turned his head to survey the cave when he noticed Raven nearby. His icy blue eyes examined her form, then he once again nodded as another wolf introduced themself. He then caught a stare in his direction. The wolf he accidently toppled with his ice platform. He returned the stare with a few confused blinks before looking back to Raven, "...you are one of the few here with a drastic change to your body from the Crystal... or one of the shards."

((Edit: Oops wrong response.))

Edited by Dotzrus

Kiji nodded and curled his tail around the pup, covering her with soft white fur. Upon her return, he pushed the sleeping pup back to her and laid down to where his body blocked her view and the cold air that was now blowing the snow sideways. , the stains from crying in fear for Rayne and for storm hard dried into dark brown streaks. His eyes scanned the snow for any lump moving out of place, or dark shape moving across it.

"Tired....." Lily muttered. She was covered in blood. On her paws, muzzle, and back. She felt gross but had no energy left to drag herself to the pools, let alone eat. "So tired..."

----

((Edited my last post. Put frost in, sorry raven!))

He shook his head. Doing the sounds faster until he actually spoke. "Yakuza." Sitting up in surprise when he did looking confused then understanding as he figured out (again) that he wasn't mute. He spoke again, curling his lip as the words struggled to form in his mouth. "I Yakuza. I will not harm you. Stay one night. Leave at dawn. Good?"" he spoke slowly.

Once Storm was done relaxing her muscles she stood, feeling a little better. She got out of the water and shook off the water, making sure none of it splashed on another wolf. She then drank some water from the other pool before heading back over to Kiji. Sadness glazed her eyes but she'd pretend nothing was wrong. She plopped down beside Kiji trying to restore her warmth. She had Rayne curled up to her side.

Quinn sat a few feet in front of him so they were looking at each other. She tried to figure out why he would help her instead of eat her. Out here it was a wolf eat wolf world. And yet, he was letting her stay the night? "Why are you helping me", she asked trying her best not to sound rude

Eclipse sighed as he stretched out. "I'm Lunar," Lunar said introducing herself before going to the bear and taking a chunk of meat and dragged it to her brother. Eclipse smiled and started to eat a bit before looking up and nudging his sister to go eat and she begrudgingly did.

~~~~

Solar kept moving, trying to smell the pack of wolves. It didn't smell very big, but it would have to do. Hopefully, they wouldn't kill her.

"It's nice to meet you Lunar," Kim said in reply to Eclipse's sister with a smile when she looked over at her from her attention on Lily and then when it shifted to. Ring back on the latter she grew concerned. She wanted to help her packmate but knew that she couldn't take her over to the pool by herself so she looked around at anyone who might be available. She saw Eclipse and Lunar eating as well as the majority of the wolves in the cave but there were a few that looked to be free. "Blaze can you help me bring Lily over to the pool if you're not busy? If you are sorry but I'm concerned about her and I can't bring her there by myself," she asked the orange and white wolf as she looked over at him. Edited by Dragonpelt

It was beginning to settle down now, the events from earlier having nestled deeply into everyone's minds. Bluebell stood at the cave's entrance, watching the horizon--she could see that the skies were beginning to dim, and with it she felt the energy in the air around her stir and crackle with a familiar sensation.

She felt a warm, bright glow lighten her fur and steps, and at her brother's call Bluebell turned and made her way towards the corner Blazeleaf had tucked himself into, leaving small, light white steps in her wake. Along the way, she noticed the glare he shot Arcum and dipped her head diplomatically towards the older wolf, knowing full well Blazeleaf would not have forgotten earlier today.

She settled down beside her brother and began to eat, though was called to attention by Kim's words. Raising her head, she nudged her brother. "Go," she urged, "you can practise throwing wolves around this time," she teased lightly, referring back to his graceful fall from Arcum's might. Stretching, she got up and made her way over to Kim.

"Poor Lily," she said. "Let's get her cleaned up. I bet she's hungry, too."

((He's just grumpy xd.png He's mad that Arcum accidentally tossed him into the snow and in general he's not quick to trust strangers.))

"I think I'm a little--" Blazeleaf took a bite out of his food, "--busy right now," he answered Kim. Lily just needed rest, he told himself. And so did he, for the moment, even though he hadn't been the one exhausting himself with matters of life and death.

But, when Bluebell encouraged him to help, Blazeleaf rolled his eyes in an exaggerated manner. "Fine, fine, I'll do it," he said, jokingly complaining as he got up again. "Just because you two asked."

He licked his lips clean and moved towards the collapsed form of the grey she-wolf. "Kim told me to help you clean up," Blazeleaf admitted, unsure if she was conscious enough to hear him. He gently grabbed Lily's scruff between his teeth to drag her towards the water.

Kiji wasn't much of a wind breaker, being smaller then Storm, bit provided enough heat for both of them combined. He was actually too warm, his tongue hanging from the side of his mouth as he continued to scan the horizon. Every once in a while, his head would swing back to Storm and Rayne watching them with a small smile before returning his eyes to his promised duty.

Lily blinked, and when picked up by the scruff, her paws scrambled weakly to assist with moving. She lost her footing by the water and went down with a splash. Healing, growing flowers, and healing again one right from the other along with carrying the alpha to the cave, then the trip up here with lack of food. She had been so focused on others and their health she neglected herself somewhere along the way. Thankfully the pool was shallow and she pushed herself to lay her head on the side of the pool. "Thank you Blazeleaf. Sorry to interrupt your meal. " at the word her stomach practically howled and she winced. That's right, she hasn't eaten for nearly three weeks. Prey was scarce, and any rabbit, racoon, vole or critter she caught went to the elders, pups and the rest of the pack. She moved under the waterfall to wash the blood from her back, then-with more scratching and splashing she heaved herself out. Not bothering to shake off the water, she moved to a mossy corner and flopped down on the soft surface falling asleep as soon as her eyes closed.

---

"You are hurt. I do not like to fight. I do not eat wolf." he gagged in disgust as he said the two words together. "So, why not help? If you bring others to me, I can fight and out run them. Been out here for......" he paused tilting his head. "Since I was four moons old. I survive."

Eclipse watched Kim slightly as he ate. After he finished his meal, he yawned and laid his head down to sleep. He was glad for Kim's help of getting him back to to the cave. He happily fell asleep.

Lunar continued to eat a bit before she stopped as she was full. Moving back over to her sleeping brother, she cuddled into him in a sisterly way and fell asleep next to him.

It wasn't long before Storm was out cold. As she was sleeping she began to dream... She stood before Artemis, their previous leader who died hiding the crystal. They were standing at the top of an inactive volcano. She was so happy to see him. "Artemis! You're alive! I-I thought you were dead. Where have you been hiding this whole time?? Why haven't you reached out to the pack???" Artemis looked at her in disgust. He paused before speaking, "Silly girl. It was a mistake training you to be Alpha." Storms heart felt like it was ripped out as she heard his words. "..what?" She asked as if hoping she misheard him. Artemis smirked, "You heard me. Teaching you was an obvious waste. You let your pack get hurt because of a foolish mistake" he scoffed. Tears welled up in her eyes as she couldn't believe what he was saying. "I-I'm sorry" she mumbled. "Sorry isn't going to bring back a dead wolf when they die because of your actions! You don't deserve the Alpha title, you barely know how to be a mother" he laughed. Storm bared her teeth and growled, "Don't you dare tell me I'm not a good mother!!! You think I was prepared to have Rayne?! No!! You think it's easy doing this in my own! But I'm not a quitter, I'm a fighter. I make things work." Storm had tears rolling down her fur as she bared her teeth and lunged at Artemis. She was caught off guard when he phased to the other side of the volcano before she could tackle him. "You must choose one..." His words echoed as Artemis vanished in to smoke rising from the volcano. Storm had electric sparks running across her fur while she was having the nightmare. The sparks grew as she growled lowly, her paws occasionally twitching. She woke up, still not aware that it was just a bad dream. She was standing on all fours with her tail twitching and flicking angrily as she still had electricity coursing through her fur. She had tears running down her fur as her teeth were bared until she realized that she was at the cave.

Quinn listened when she heard him say he could fight off others. She gasped remembering she had been running from the Outcasts. She jumped to her feet. 'I can't lead them here. He was nice enough to not eat me and if I lead the Outcasts here, they'll surely kill us both. What kind of wolf would I be if I let that happen' she looked back over at Yakuza. "I'm sorry. I have to go. They're are really dangerous people coming for me and I dont want to lead them here", she said.

Kiji was looking at her blinking. His fur was standing in end from being shocked by her touch as she slept. "Was your dream shocking?" he joked lightly. It was still dark. "it's not yet your turn for watch." he whispers to not disturb the sleeping pack. Seeing her distress, he tilted his head and lowered his ears. "Are.... you okay?" of course she wasn't. She was crying and sparks going up her ears, she nearly died and lost Rayne. Still, the concern was visible in his aqua blue eyes.

---Yakuza huffed again standing up, towering over her and brushed past her shoving the stone door closed. "Bad at night. Safe here. Snakes do not like cold water. You did not smell me until you inside yes?" he asked. "stay the night, leave at dawn. I wake you to leave." . He returned to his spot and laid down facing the wall.

((oh okay lol xd.png))

"Thanks Blaze," Kim said in reply with a smile and followed after him just in case he needed help but it seemed that he didn't need any as Lily seemed to be okay after only a few minutes of being in the pool. She watched her get out and curl up in a corner to sleep before going over to the bear carcass. She got some meat from it and then brought it over to the sleeping she-wolf. She set it down in beside her and then went over there herself to get some meat herself because she hadn't eaten yet. As she was eating, she thought of the anniversary of her parents' death. She was about to ask what she wanted to of Storm but saw that she was out cold and seemed to be having a nightmare. When she woke and was crying, she thought of asking the alpha her question a bit later after she would have calmed down and continued to eat.

As reality came into focus and she realized it was merely a dream, she tried calming herself. Her power only grew stronger with anger. The sparks died down and she shook her head, trying to shake off the tears. She hated crying, especially in from of another wolf. She listened to Kiji as she looked out of the cave to find that it was indeed still early in the night. Regardless, she knew she couldn't sleep after a dream like that. She sat at the mouth of the cave, feeling the breeze from the blizzard hit her skin. Her heart was still pounding and her body temperature was raised, so the breeze actually felt nice. She heard him ask if she was ok. She didn't quite know how to answer that herself. She sat there silent for a moment, gathering her thoughts. She spoke quietly, only this time her voice was cold and empty as she asked rhetorically, "What do you do if you love two things but have to give one up..." She continued to stare off into the night. She stood up and quietly walked off before Kiji could say anything. She felt bad for just walking away after all that Kiji had done for her, but she was never the wolf to open up to anyone or let anyone in. She began pacing in a corner of the cave as she tried to think.

Quinn sat down as he shut the boulder door. "Oh, um, ok. I guess I'll stay here tonight", she said awkwardly as she looked for a comfy spot to lay. She couldn't help but feel like someone would find them.

((Hey guys, I'm going out of town tomorrow and I don't know how my response time is going to be. Feel free to just kind of drag my characters along. I'll do my best to keep up.))

Kiji made no move for the longest time. He pondered the question. This was something he wrestled with every time someone mentioned the outcasts. Although his brother attempted to kill him he still loved him dearly and missed him at times. He blamed his mother's misleading Jack, twisting him into a cold unfeeling creature he was today. He would grow pensive, dreaming of the day be and his brother would meet face to face. Jack would most likely try to kill him again, there was no doubt in his mind about that. Although he loved the guardians, if he was ordered to kill his brother, he'd refuse.

The moon had rose hidden in the storm that still went strong. He had curled around Rayne when Storm left to think. When he thought it was time for him to sleep too, he calmly got up and walked to Storm. He stood in front of her, stopping her pacing. "You asked me a question. Here's my answer: Even if the one I love would try to kill me, and the pack I love would most likely banish me for disobeying orders, I will still try to love both. It would not be easy, I'll get hurt, I'd stumble and fall and there would be tears, but I'll always get back up and keep trying my best every day. I might not make it far, but at least I'll grow stronger, and learn from my mistakes and missteps. It doesn't matter what others think or say. It's not about them, but me and my efforts that makes me who I am. You asked me 'What would you do if you love two things but have to give one up' and I say I have courage and faith in myself and my strength to try my hardest to not let go of those two things and laugh in the face of those who say I can't. It's a challenge I'm willing to take. I don't know what brought that up, nor would I ask why. That is your business and yours alone. It's your turn to take watch." he headed to the bear and took a chunk of meat, eating it by Rayne and laying around the pup falling asleep quickly before storm could respond.

---

Yakuza snorted then started to snore softly as he fell asleep, completely at ease even though a complete stranger was in his den. His tail twitched in his sleep.

(((Guuuuuuuyyysssss!!!! thank Tybexl for doing my lovely Yakuza!

user posted image

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

(@RavenWolf1010 I'll try to keep the posts slowed the best I can. @AroaraAngelwolf, holy wow that's beautiful! *~*)

Storm listened attentively. When he started talking about choosing between someone he loved and taking orders from the pack, she couldn't help but wonder if he was referring to someone in particular. Nonetheless, it wasn't her place to ask nor did she want to be rude. She nodded, acknowledging what he said. "Goodni-" she stopped when she turned her head and realized he was already out. She sighed as she took watch over the cave, thinking about her dream, her options, and what Kiji said. 'I wish Artemis were here...He could fix this. He always knew what to do'.

Quinn was about to speak when she realized he was asleep. 'What if he eats me in the morning while I'm asleep.... Nahhh..Just go to bed already'. Quinn made herself comfy before passing out

"He may not be here... but you are the Alpha, and the pack is loyal to you." Arcum sat by the wall of the cave, away from the others, a small layer of frost on the stone around him. His blue eyes stared at her, but his expression was a kind one, "Challenge after challenge, that is what makes an Alpha. But the fact that no one else has tried to take that from you means that you are fulfilling your role. The faces have changed, wolves come and gone, but the core values of being a Guardian have not. I am happy to see the pack intact. I am happy to see you have grown into a fine Alpha." Arcum smiled at Storm, his words were crisp and sincere.

Edited by Dotzrus