cattygal210

Wolf Pack: Fight for the Xenon Crystal

"Yes," he said as he sniffed the bear scent when all of a sudden claws raked through his fur, making him go flying into the snow. If he had been a tad bit faster, his teleport powers would have came in handy to avoid getting hit. But with this blizzard going on, it was too hard to see. He could hear electricity from his alpha soon followed by her yelp. He stood on shaky legs, not knowing how bad the wound in his side was. He had to shake this off. He just had to. His breathing was slightly uneven as he tried to lurch forward.

~~~~

Lunar sat there, ignoring everyone in the cave. She was laser focused on the cave entrance. She was worried about Eclipse. Even though she didn't show it, she was still worried. She felt her eyes droop from exhaustion, but she shook it off, waiting for her brother. She moved to the cave's entrance and sat there.

Rayne had her focus on playing with Kiji again when Raven approached her again. The opening of her wings spooked her again. They were huge compared to her small figure. She began to burrow under Kiji, almost disappearing under him before she heard Raven speak softly. She peaked her head out from under Kiji, finally taking in the beauty of her wings and no longer being scared of her. She was still hesitant to leave Kiji's side. Naively, she began to wonder if he was her dad.

Storm faintly heard a member of her pack calling out for her. She was too weak to howl back. 'Get up! You lay here, you die!' She was exhausted and in extreme pain. She was in so much pain She didn't even realize how cold her body had gotten from laying in the snow. 'Get up now. If you don't, you're letting down yourself, you're letting down everyone in the pack, and most importantly you will have let down Rayne'. After convincing herself, she stood. 'Gotta find Eclipse. Gotta find him. Don't even worry about the hunt just find Eclipse and make sure he's ok'. With that she stumbled through the snow, often falling but getting right back up. It was a few moments before she spotted Eclipse. Relieved to see him alive, she approached him. That's when she saw a shadow hurling towards Eclipse. She lit up her electricity and took the rest of the strength she had in her to lunge at the shadow. It was the bear and she knocked it to the snow before it could touch Eclipse again. She fought hard, taking every swipe as she bit the bears neck and jerked it as violently as she could, electrocuting the bear til it was limp and dead. She struggled to catch her breath as she walked over to Eclipse, "Are you..o-ok" she asked.

Quinn sighed at the pups question. 'Being dead would be better than being here', she thought to herself. She looked back at Vokun and accepted his spider offering. "Thank you" she pretended to eat it but only put it underneath her, as she was in too much pain.

Slade yelped as he was struck again. After Carnage dismissed him, he went back to his sister without saying a word. He walked over to her, disregarding her own condition. "Heal me"

Quinn glared at him and said, "No.. I don't take orders from you" with that she put her head back down.

Slade growled as he went back to join the others to eat

Kim watched as some of her pack greeted Raven to make her feel more welcome. She would have done the same but she would later on when the former was alone again. She didn't want to overburden her too much with attention. She made her way over to where Kiji was at the entrance of the cave and playing with Rayne. "I'm going to go walk around the outside of the cave. I'll be back and won't be gone too long," she told him before walking out of the cave to start her small walk around the ledge.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Kiji chuckled and shifted a little, knocking over his stack of five as she burrowed under him. "See? I bet those feathers will tickle you. I'll be right back, I want to make sure your mother makes it back. " he nosed the pup lightly and picked her up by the scruff lightly, bringing her with him near the front of the cave and setting her in a little crack in the wall so she was protected from the cold. "Be careful Kim" He told her as she moved past him. He then walked only two feet away to the entrance and started to howl when the winds changed direction blowing towards the alpha. He had a low smooth pitch, sounding almost sad although he didn't feel it.

Lily came over to Raven again. "Try to open your eye now. "She said breathing deeply. Her blue eyes flecked with amber went distant and she exhaled on the eye wound healing it. "Better dear?"

----

Frost killed the fawn and let the ice around it and the other two deer thaw. Without a word, he dragged the fawn back to camp and dropped it where the pup and female where. Still in silence and before the webbing was placed on Quinn's wounds, he, having experienced burns before, breathed a soft cooling lair of frost across the wounds to sooth the pain and stop the bleeding. When the webbing was placed on her, he breathed frost on them, only a light dusting like frozen dew to straighten them and keep the burns cool. He grabbed the fawn and pulled it in front of Quinn sitting down. "Eat your fill, then we eat." He said. His actions were almost kind, although it shouldn't be taken as such. Mates made one weak. She was a tool that if dead would be catastrophic to the pack.

((I'll be making a fourth wolf, a lone wolf later. ))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Storms ears picked up on another howl from the pack. She barked three times indicating she needed help. She stumbled around trying to drag the bear carcass closer to her and Eclipse, falling into the snow again. She couldn't stand this time. Using her electric power drained what was left of her energy. She felt something buried under the snow. She used her nose to shovel the snow away until she found a plant. It had a green stem and orange and purple buds on it. She didn't know what it was but she figured there was a wolf who could make use of the herb so she gathered as much as she could, laying in exhaustion and pain.

Rayne stayed where she was set but became cold fast. She wanted her mom. Her ears pricked up when she heard her distant barks. She wagged her tail happily

Quinn nodded her head. She knew she couldn't thank him even though she wanted to. Slowly, she began to feel better. She mustered enough strength to eat a little bit of the deer she was offered.

Kim had nodded when she heard what Kiji said to her before continuing her walk for a bit longer and then heard the barks from Storm. "I'm going to go help Storm," she said when she went back to the opening and then took off down the path that led down to the snow beneath the cave that their leader had found and towards where she had heard the barks coming from. A little while later, she found Storm and Eclipse with a bear carcass and the former getting out a weird looking plant out of the ground. She wondered what it was for but didn't ask as she said to them and made sure to bow her head slightly as well as bow to show her respect for their alpha, "I heard your barks and came to help."

Edited by Dragonpelt

Kiji heard the three barks. Ice seemed to form in the pit of his stomach. "Lily, Blazeleaf, Luna, Kim, go find alpha. The prey may be too big for her and eclipse to carry. Help them back." he called, trying very hard to keep the concern from his voice. He could tell by the sharp coppery scent of blood as the wind once again switched directions that they were in trouble, that's why he sent Lily. He moved Rayne carefully, away from the entrance and by the stones and Raven, curling around the pup to keep her from shivering.

Lily nodded and left sniffing the air and braved the blizzard to find Storm. Each foot she made progress in the headwind brought the scent of blood, ozone, bear and death.

Storm lifted her head as She recognized another wolf from her pack. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me..C-check on Eclipse.. Make sure he's ok," she insisted as she was more concerned about him than herself. Her vision was becoming a blur. Soon she couldn't recognize faces, they were all just blurred figures.

Rayne began to warm up next to Raven and Kiji. "Is mommy coming back now" She asked excitedly

"Yes alpha," Kim said in reply before doing what she asked and went over to Eclipse. She had a small crush on him but no one knew about it. "Are you okay?" she asked while showing concern for him on her face before she lowered her nose and gently sniffed at his wound. She couldn't tell how bad it was from the smell but figured that Lily would.

"yes she should be soon. She'll need rest ." he said softly and wrapped his tail around her, hiding her in the fluff and started playing peek a boo with her.

"It's Lily." Lily saw the wounds. Then the herbs she had dug up. "Those are good to eat for pain. Eclipse's wound is easy for me to heal. Yours require more attention. Now, let's get you back. Kiji has been really good. He sent us out to get you. Rayne seems to like him. "

---

Frost waited until after Quinn and the pup had ate their fill before eating the rest. He froze and broke bones, chewing out the marrow for protein and leaving little to nothing left. Food was scarce, and nothing should be wasted.

Storm stood to her feet, which only seemed to cause her vision to go even more blurry than before. 'You're ok. Just make it to the cave. You're just tired and hungry' she thought to herself, unaware of how serious her injuries were. "Someone needs to carry the bear.. I just can't." Storm ordered, knowing it'd take more than one wolf to drag the massive carcass.

Rayne got excited and started a sprint out of the cave, too eager to wait for her mother's return.

Quinn sat there deep in thought. 'There has to be a way for me to get out of this. I can't leave my brother, he's the only blood I have left. But I cant stay here... This is abuse. But what if.....' Her thoughts began to wander. 'The only way to change things is to become the alpha....' She dismissed the thought knowing she was too weak.

((I'm trying to get deviant art points to get a commission done of my fourth wolf. He'd look pretty! My I sell Adoptables, my page is the RA holding 'team Nico' sign if you guys wanna help me out.))

Lily picked more herbs and wiggled her way under Storm so she lay across her grey back. "The others could do that. I'll carry you." She said around the herbs and looked at the other three wolves. Her heart was going to fast with the dread eating her insides to heal Eclipse. She set down two of the herbs in front of him. "Eat this, it will not taste good, but it'll ease the pain. The more you chew, the faster it'll work. "

"Rayne! No stop!" Kiji called after the pup. He scrambled up and darted outside. Rayne had white fur like he did, and being so small she'd easily freeze or get buried under the still piling snow. He squinted his eyes, any tracks already erased in the winds. "Rayne!" he called out moving away from the cave and into the storm. "Raven, prove yourself now and help me find her before she freezes! I know you're cold she couldn't have gone far in this fresh snow!" he called back into the cave before moving further away calling the pup again, concern and worry eating at him in waves.

Sounds pierced the icy veil. Barks, howls, roars. It was a lot to process as Arcum moved closer. Then he recognized the meanings. They were Guardian calls, It seems they were untouched by time. Moving unhindered by the blizzard, he soon found himself on a rock overlooking the wolves and the now dead bear. He watched silently, waiting, trying to identify any of them. It had been a few years. From below, it looked as if a ghost of a wolf was stalking them from the high up rock, but he gave no appearance of foul intentional, simply curiosity. He slowly began to move closer, no attempt of hiding.

Kiji's smooth howl echoed through the cave and into the blizzard. Blazeleaf left the growing warmth of the patch he was sitting on and joined the white wolf at the entrance, his ears perked at the distressed reply.

Unlike Kim, he waited for Kiji's signal before dashing out after the first wolf, who was undoubtedly following the scent of blood. Blazeleaf slowed to a trot when he saw the impressive size of the bear his leader managed to kill -- judging by the charred smell -- but not without the cost of some heavy wounds on she and Eclipse. He pulled his tongue back into his mouth, his expression serious. This was no time to joke around, and he did as he was told to help drag the bear back to the temporary den.

However, he couldn't help but feel like they were being watched, but with his jaws muffled by fur, he didn't think it was important enough to mention it just yet. If the Outcasts were indeed close, his wounded Alpha would be problematic, but they had enough numbers to buy time and flee to get reinforcements.

((I just realized that I don't know what Kim looks like or what her powers are because the sheet was PMed...))

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Storm replied to Lily, "Thank you". The only thing on her mind was getting back to Rayne and making sure the pack was all together and fed before night. The sun was already setting. While riding on Lily she picked up a smell (Arcum). It was vaguely familiar. "Wait, s-stop.. Someone's near. Who is it?" She asked as she couldn't see very well. Her vision was coming and going as she fought to stay conscious.

Rayne halted immediately as she was ordered to stop. Being raised by the alpha, she had learned to obey commands instantly, for even a moment could mean the difference between life and death. She hadn't gone too far when she stopped. She waited in the snow, practically invisible other than her black markings due to her white fur. "Kiji! Raven! Mommy!" She whimpered, just desperate to be found. She didn't know why she had taken off other than the fact that she really missed her mom. Growing up it was just the two of them, and they were never apart.

(How can I help @AroaraAngelwolf? @TehUltimateMage I'll ask Dragonpelt to post the character sheet.)

Lily stopped and squinted in the snow. "It looks like a blue wolf. It looks like it has spikes along his back. "Lily informed the alpha. "You're bleeding. I need to heal the wounds, but I can't here Alpha..."

Kiji kept calling out, getting louder, pink lines streaked his fur beneath his eyes as he started to cry. Rayne! Rayne where are you?!"

((I'll let raven find her. It costs 30 points for a simple design, and I think his design is fairly simple enough. I have 16 now. You can either gift me points (it doesn't have to be a large amount) or pick an Adoptable I made and send them to me. (I prefer that, so I don't feel like I'm begging for points.) I also commissioned a artist on here, I haven't heard a response yet, so if they respond first, I'll give them dragons in exchange for a drawing))

Arcum didnt mind being seen at this point. He made his way closer simpy watching, but in his mind he was exploding with joy. He had found the wolves he had called his family after so much time. Those he loved yet abandoned to try and find their Alpha, a journey he regretted after failing to find their leader. He felt the weight of guilt and shame, but right now he saw they needed help. He got within speaking range of them and called out, "Release the bear and care for your wounded. I will carry your catch to your pack. Do not waste any more time." Suddenly the bear was raised up on a platform made of solid ice, whi ch began to move on it's own. Arcums eyes whisped an icy blue color that pierced the blizzard with ease.

"..welcome back.." Storm said as friendly as she could, but her voice was so low he probably didn't hear her. Even though it'd been years, her smelling was keen and she knew a pack member when she smelled one. "I'm fine really" she insisted to Lily, disregarding her own health, "I think I'm just tired-" her ears picked up on Rayne's barking. She was in trouble. Storm rolled off Lily and stood with her legs shaking. "Where's Rayne? I need my pup now"

Rayne stayed curled up, trying to conserve her warmth. "I'm over here!" She called out, unable to see anything in the snow

Blazeleaf let out a cutting yelp when the ice beneath him began to shift, and he tumbled off the platform that rose from under the bear. He wiped out in the snow, tossing up flakes when he rolled to right himself back onto his paws.

His hackles were raised and a slight mist flowed from his fur, which quickly got blown away by the chill wind. Believing that the loner made entirely of ice was about to steal their hunt, his paws pressed into the snow and he was ready to give chase if needed. "Answer her question!" he growled, baring his teeth. "Who are you?"

How could one wolf have so much power?

((whoops posted this before I saw the last post, but I think this post still works))

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Arcum moved closer, up next to the platform that was moving to follow the group. He looked at Blazeleaf with a small smile, "I am a friend, and a Guardian. We can discuss more as we get to shelter. I can manage out here, but your wounded cannot. Hurry." He dragged behind the others, as the platform did not move fast, but with the bear handled, they had all the wolf power needed to get Storm back to shelter faster.

The presence of a newcomer had changed things, certainly; the once-peaceful atmosphere of discovering a wolf in need was disrupted by a series of unfortunate events.

Bluebell leapt away as she saw her brother tumble down from a platform of ice that rose from the ground underneath the massive body of the bear, and the slim white wolf landed gracefully before looking at the scene before her, stunned.

"Who ...?" she questioned, more to herself than anything, and she whisked her tail anxiously, brushing the snow below her paws. At Storm's attempt to stand, Bluebell made her way through the scene and to Storm's side.

"Please rest, Alpha," she said worriedly, flickering her ears to the air. It was faint, but she could hear Rayne's barking as well--if a member of the pack was in trouble, she had to do something. Bluebell began to make her way through the snow, eyes trained against the white background.

((Awww, can't help it! Kiji is such a fatherly figure, I can't break his pure heart of gold :'D I'll edit if raven finds her))

"we'll be faster if I carry you." Lily said, less concerned about the old guardian member and more concerned about the wounds alpha had sustained. It wasn't just physical. She had drained her energy, Lily guessed storm couldn't get five feet until collapsing in exhaustion. Once again, she wormed her way under Storm and continued on getting to the cave before the prey.

Seeing the pup was no longer in fear, she relaxed some. Despite the other wolves caring for her, the whole time Raven kept close watch. She could tell the others didn't really trust her around the pup but she understood why. Her thoughts drifted to Vokun. What if he had been raised here instead? The way she figured it, Carnage's actions had shaped him to the point where he would never be able to be a normal pup. How sad.

When Lily came to her and healed her some of the haze she had been in was lifted. Slowly she opened her eye and blinked a few times, thankful it hadn't been permanently damaged. There was certainly a scar but thanks to the kind healers it was much better than it could've been. Rayne's voice got her attention again and she couldn't help but smile. She was envious of Storm. She had a pup to love and rear and a whole pack as a family. Gently, she wrapped her wings around Kiji and Rayne, trapping their seeping body heat closer to them. Her smile only grew as she watched the two play peek-a-boo.

Edit: In the pandemonium Raven's attention was diverted. The next second she had turned around, the pup was gone. Within seconds Raven was out the mouth of the cave and airborne. "Rayne!" She barked, scanning the snow for the small shape. Panic flooded her. It hadn't even been more than an hour and she was already failing the alpha. I can't do anything right. Then she heard the voice, oh so faint over the howl of the wind. The wolf dove into the snow from the sky like a falcon diving to catch a fish. Snow exploded all around.

"I got you." She soothed as she gingerly picked the pup up by her scruff. "Hold on now. It'll be just a few seconds." She beat the air with her wings and rose into the air. The winds buffeted her back and forth but she did her best to hold steady. It wasn't long before they were back at the mouth of the cave. The wolf landed and set the pup down and then surrounded her with her body and wings to warm her.

Carnage had eaten his fill and now sat back to watch the others. Every so often he would glare at Slade, or perhaps bare his teeth. Oh how deep down he wanted to rip open his neck. To feel his life blood filling his maw. He had to control those urges though, lest he go on a killing spree and kill his entire pack.

Vokun sat up and wagged his tail. "Thanks, mister!" He turned to the she wolf, the shadows retreating from her and returning to the tree line. "Do you need help eating?"

((Edit: Lord you guys move fast. xd.png One sec I'll edit.))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Yes. Yes we do. Posting this here, and will edit after raven does! smile.gif ))

Kiji dashed over, back into the cave, spotting the dark form of raven with white dangling from her mouth. He ran over and rubbed his cheek along her back to help blood flow and to warm her. Then went to the cave entrance, howling again, then barked like a pup, and howled indicating he has her. After, he returned to Rayne and Raven as he curled around Rayne and groomed her to ease the bite of the cold. He nibbled her paws, checking for frost bite. He'd inform storm that it was raven who located the pup. That would give her favor to the alpha.

Blazeleaf flicked his ears back, annoyed at the newcomer even if he was a Guardian. He snorted, a puff of smoke mixed with frost escaping his nose, before he decided to leave the bear to the ice wolf, who his Alpha seemed to be familiar with?

Catching up, he helped bring Storm back to the cave by shifting some of the dark wolf's weight onto him and nudging Lilly to hint that he wanted to take her place. With his bigger size and strength, it would be faster. "Here, let me aid you."