cattygal210

Wolf Pack: Fight for the Xenon Crystal

((I have permission from Dalek to do this post))

Kim continued to help Lunar support Eclipse until they reached the peak of the mountain with the rest of the pack awhile later. Once they got there, she helped Lunar set Eclipse down so that he could rest and then she went to find Lily while calling her name, "Lily?"

((sorry that it's so short. I thought that it would be longer))

Edited by SkySong278

"Are you okay brother?" Lunar asked as Eclipse got comfortable. "Yeah," he said. "Just wish we could have brought that bear with us." She nodded understanding as she looked around slightly. She wouldn't be able to fly in this weather, it was too cold and she was afraid her wings would freeze up of she attempted to do so.

~~~~

Solar nodded. "Yes, I don't know how I can read minds, but I can," she said. "Xenon Crystal? What is that?" Solar went quiet as she read the mind of this wolf before thinking about her own predicament. Maybe they would take in an omega for a while? She hated living like this. She turned her head as another wolf who spoke funnily tore off a piece of meat. "Thank you," she said, pausing. "I came from a pack which was wiped out. I'm the lone survivor and all that is left of it." With that, she started to eat.

Lily came up to eclipse and gave him some of the pain herbs and healed his wounds more. She then went to see if alpha was okay. She nibbled off the ice then checked on Kiji. There wasn't any physical wound so there was little she could do. 

Kiji shifted with a groan and woke up half hour later. He tried to turn on to his stomach only to feel Rayne curled up there, and he went to roll over to get up, finding his way blocked by Storm. His ears flattened shyly and in embarrassment. 

--

Yakuza was by a stream now drinking down water unlike any wolf would. Instead of lapping up water bits at a time, he'd bite then swallow, bite and swallow, getting more water in his jaws then the normal way. 

"Thanks Lily," Kim said to the healer with a smile before the former left to go check on Storm and Kiji. She had followed the other wolf back towards Eclipse when she saw her (Lily) head towards him and now she laid down for a bit to rest near the siblings.

"Thanks Lily," Eclipse said as he gnawed on the herbs feeling a lot better. The wound didn't bother him as much as he sat up. Lunar wagged her tail happily as she noticed this and smiled.

Storm would thank Lily for checking on everyone and tending to their injuries. She then looked over to see Kiji struggling to get up. "Sorry.. Rayne give him some space sweetie", she said as she herself stood so he could reposition himself or get up. Her paws had a burning sensation when she stood as they were still thawing. "First thing's first. We search for a safe ground and anyone who is too weak to hunt will stay there while the rest of us hunt", she said loud enough for everyone to hear. She cast her eyes to the lush forest before them. 

Rayne would run around the other pack members as she was full of energy. Her eyes picked up on a rabbit nearby and she began to chase after it, still staying close to the pack. 

Quinn tilted her head as she heard Solar. She thought every wolf knew their origins. "So you mean to tell me you've never heard about the Xenon Crystal?" she asked genuinely surprised that she didn't know. "Wolves used to live together as one big pack. The Xenon Crystal is a magical crystal that gives every wolf a power when they're born. It's how you got yours", she would continue to explain the Outcasts and the Guardians plans for the Crystal. She listened as Solar said she didn't have a pack. "I ran away from mine", she said embarrassed. 

Arcum stood on the shadow side of mountain. He stays in the snow and looks up as the rest of the pack embraces the sunlight, warmth, and light. Arcum however knew he was out of his element as they moved on. He could make ice from his body, or freeze water, but walking in the warm sun would be a challenge for extended periods of time. He stood in wait at the rear of the pack.

Kiji stood and shook himself. "I'll be okay in a couple minutes. " He said softly. "When I'm ready, I'll hunt with you. You okay storm? Rayne?" He asked looking at the two females. 

Welcome." Lily said with a smile. 

--

Yakuza still continued to drink deeply.

Kim nodded when she heard what Storm said about them finding safe ground first before them going off to hunt before getting back up and stretching. She felt a bit better after resting for a few minutes after the long walk up the cold side of the mountain.

((Sorry for my absence))

Storm was looking off in the distance as something had caught her eye. When she realized she was being spoken to, she snapped out of it. "Oh, yea, I'm fine" she paused looking back down the mountain. "I'll be right back. everyone stay put", she said distracted. She would then make a sprint down the mountain disappearing into a forested area. She could see the white shadow figure running deeper in the forest. "Wait! Stop!" She yelled. She began to lose sight of the white figure completely. She ran faster than she had run before, stopping when she came to a clearing in the forest. On the opposite end of the clearing, a white ghost figure of a wolf sat. Storms eyes widened as she was panting heavily, trying to catch her breathe. "A-Artemis?! Is that you???" The ghost wolf swished his tail and nodded, "Oh how I've missed you dearly". Storm remembered Artemis's power was that he could leave his physical body and take on a spiritual form. Her eyes welled up with tears. "But.. How...Where-" her tail sparked up with anger as she wanted answers. Artemis lowered his ears, "There's nothing I can say to make up or excuse my actions". Storm barked at him, "You left me! And you've been alive this whole time?! After all these years why didn't you come back! I had to take over the pack when you and I both know I wasn't ready!" she snarled at him. Artemis held his head low, "I never returned because I've been searching for my physical body so I could return in my body. Unfortunately, someone moved my body and now I'm stuck in this spiritual form," he didn't have the courage to tell her his physical body had been killed by an Outcast who went after him when he was hiding the crystal. He was forever trapped in a spiritual body. "Wait so was that you following us earlier?" she asked. He nodded, "I had to make sure it was in fact you. I didn't know you were a mother." Storm sighed, "It hasn't been easy without you...I-I can't do this. I'm a single parent Artemis, you have to take over when we find your body." He would chuckle. "Dearest child, you underestimate yourself. Have you forgotten that I ran the pack while raising you by myself?" Storm paused as she had never realized it until now. "I-I have to tell the others. We'll help find your body and you can lead us to the crystal." Artemis was too afraid to disappoint her and upset her more by telling her his physical body was dead and the crystal taken by another Outcast. Storm would let out a howl signaling for the other wolves in the pack to come to her. 

Rayne would smile and walk under Kiji and around his legs playfully. "I'm ok. I want to hunt! Can we go hunting?" She would hear her moms howl and look to Kiji awaiting him to lead the way.

Slade sighed as the snow on the mountain started picking up again. He looked up at Frost, "What's the plan boss?" He knew the other wolves in the pack wouldn't be able to tolerate the freezing temperatures for too long. If they got sick or died there would be no pack to lead. 

Eclipse and Lunar looked up at the sound of Storm's howl. Sighing, Eclipse got up with little help from his sister. He was feeling much better as he moved to see what was going on.

~~~~

Solar nodded. "So you meant to tell me my pack would have had these powers?" she asked curiously. "Interesting. Is it because of how they treated you?" Solar paused, thinking about it. "We won't survive with out on our own. Why don't we travel together?"

Kim also heard Storm's howl and looked in the direction that it had come from. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Eclipse and Lunar sit up and the former did so with the latter's help. When she saw them move towards where Storm's howl came from, she went over and walked with them.

((I'll edit this again if I misread the post as Eclipse and Lunar))

Edited by SkySong278

Arcum heard the howl. As much as he wasn't fond of this, we wanted to stay with the pack. He moved over to the other side, his body reflecting the sunlight, his icy fur almost making him look hollow. He made his way down the mountain, and to the Alpha's location. He sniffed the fresh air, the melting snow, the clean water, and the many scents of good game that littered the forest. This was much more hospitable for the pack, and that was enough for Arcum.

As the pack made their way to Storm, Artemis would come into view. (Artemis, but a more opaque rendering of this). "I'd like to introduce our former leader, Artemis. He has returned seeking our help. Someone moved his physical body and without it he can't return to his body. We well find his body and hopefully the crystal won't be too far." Artemis sat up straight, curling his tail around him. 

Quinn looked down, "Yea, you could say that", she sighed as she still thought about her brother but was glad she got out when she did. She thought about Solar's proposal. "I see why not" she wagged her tail slightly knowing she'd feel safer with another wolf anyway.

Arcum stared in shock, he slowly moved towards the ghost, "...Alpha... is that really you? After all this searching, and now even you lost what we search for..." His ears went flat and he sighed, "But... it's good to see you after all this time..." He raised his head again to look at his former Alpha, "It's been too long..."

Kiji chuckled and slowly started to move, body sore from taxing it beyond it's ability. "I think it's about time someone taught you to hunt. With you being little, you can chase the rabbits out of their holes!" He said, the kind warm gleam returning to his eyes. He stumbled on some mud then got an idea. With a smirk, he jumped and splashed mud on the pup  tail wagging as he bounded ahead a little ways, playing with her. When they reached storm he sobered seeing the translucent wolf before him staying behind storm, head low not wanting to be seen. His white fur was now speckled with mud. The old alpha almost looked like him, in fur color and eye color, only his was more white tan then white blue, and icy eyes that reminded him of his brother. Although opaque, he could see the kindness shinning in them, where as his brother's held the emotion of a dead fish.

------

Lily kept an eye on eclipse as she headed down the mountain, breathing in the air of spring and good game. Here the pack wouldn't go hungry, and she can locate more herbs that are better for wounds and pain and healing. The thought brought a spring to her step as she trotted up to the two alphas. 

---------

Frost ignored the question and continued to walk on top of the snow that froze as he placed his paw down. "Don't be stupid and start an avalanche." He said calmly. "If you do, I'm not saving any of you except for the pup. "

---

Yakuza's ears twitched at their conversation. Although he was a little ways off, he could hear the sound of a mouse scampering in the undergrowth two miles away, so he heard every word. He returned to them. "I hear you want to make a pack? You need strength. I miss company. "He said softly ears flat. 

As soon as Eclipse and Lunar saw the old alpha, they knew something was wrong. From the way the old wolf trade to hide himself to the way Storm talked about his body being moved, they both knew. They shared a quick wordless glance with each other. They knew because they were survivors. Why else would Artemis be in that state? They didn't want to disappoint Storm and, apparently, neither did Artemis. 

~~~~

Solar was surprised that the smaller wolf, Quinn and the other wolf wanted to feel safer with a pack. Did that just make her the alpha? "Alright," she said, pointing her ears straight. "We're going to have to find a place to settle down for a bit. Just long enough to gather enough lone wolves who is interested in join this small little ragtag pack. However, we need to find a spot where food is plentiful and it won't take much work between the three of us so we won't waste precious energy. As for the crystals, I believe if we become big enough, we can take the crystal away from the Outcasts. I will try to think about where we'll go from there, any objections?" 

"You asked Quinn. She decides, not you." Yakuza snarled stepping forward tail swishing. "I need to be by lots of water. " He said looking at Quinn. "Cold water is the best. "

Solar bit her tongue, tail tucked in alarm. She was the one that did ask, but did either wolf know how to run a pack? Turning away, she felt frustrated, her heart dropping as she realised that the opportunity had slipped her by. "Fine, I guess I'll just move my stupid omega tail away so the alphas can talk," she muttered angrily as she got up to go over by a tree.

She snorted at the response, turning her head back to him. "Oh yeah? Well I watched as my pack got destroyed," Solar said. "I'm the only survivor and trust me when I say we were a pretty big pack." She laid down by the tree in a huff.

Artemis's tail would flicker with hints of slight frustration as he listened to Arcum speak. He was really surprised he didn't question the whereabouts of his physical body as he was too cowardly to tell the pack and disappoint them. "Yes it I. But Alpha I am no longer, Storm rightfully holds that title. I saw you aid in searching for me for the longest time, when everyone else gave up. For that I must commend your actions. I apologize for my absence as I too have spent this time searching for my body," he said with a friendly smile.  

Blinded by the obvious truth, Storm sat back while the others got acquainted with Artemis. She found herself pacing with confusion as she knew something wasn't quite right but couldn't quite pinpoint it. "We hunt in five minutes, whoever remains too weak or needs to rest will stay here with Artemis" she alerted the pack as she would continue to pace. 'Why would he be gone so long and just now return... Why? After all this time he didn't even attempt to reach out to the pack...'

Rayne would follow Kiji as she was covered in mud from playing with Kiji. She would stare at the ghost wolf in confusion as she didn't quite understand. Her confusion would bring her staggering close to Kiji's rear leg as she hid behind him a little. 

Quinn lowered her ears in a submissive way as she didn't like arguing. That was something she hoped to leave behind with her old pack. She looked at Yakuza and shook her head, "M-Me? I can't.. I don't know how to lead.." she said as she tucked her tail. She always underestimated herself and didn't see herself fit to be an alpha. She looked back at Solar as she kept talking to Yakuza. "If anyone should lead us, it should be her. I abandoned my pack because I was weak..." She lowered her head. "I think we could all go for some water. I'm parched"

Kim arrived behind Eclipse and Solar and saw the ghost wolf but didn't really remember who he was. She had still been a bit young during the time of the former alpha but the way she heard Arcum speak to him, she figured out that this was him. There was something off about him but she didn't bring it up as she just nodded in reply to what a storm said about them going to hunt in five minutes. She hoped that they'd be able to find a lot of prey in this area for their current and future meals.

Slowly Kiji lifted his head to look at the old alpha. Would he see that he was an outsider? Arcum came up beside him and poor Kiji felt tiny. Storm was bigger then he was, most females where, but the ice giant didn't help with his size issues being nearly three times his size. He leaned against Storm slightly, still unsure about the  'new' ice wolf. He looked at the alpha once more as Storm started to pace. Something smells bad here, .... okay maybe it's me but the look in his eyes is almost sad.  He thought then his ears twitched at Storm's warning. "I'll go with you." He spoke up. The spirit wolf gave him the willies and could tell he wasn't telling the entire truth by the nervous twitch he had. Now why would an old alpha be nervous unless he's hiding something important? 

---

Yakuza snorted. "You left, but you are brave. You know outcasts are known for eating strays, yet, you still ran. That not weak to me, that is brave. I left for I did not like violence, and we do not need a crystal to live. All it brings is death, and pain. She like I have been wandering around by ourselves. We only know to look out for ourselves in danger. Have you ever thought what can be done differently when you were with your pack? "  He asked tilting his head. 

"Okay and gee thanks Frost," Dakota said drily in reply just as softly as he said what he did with narrowed eyes. Maybe I should just stay behind then if I'm not important, she thought to herself sadly but didn't make a move to do that. She probably would have been thought of as a chicken and she didn't want to be thought of that way.