cattygal210

Wolf Pack: Fight for the Xenon Crystal

Kiji saw Storm's warning, and bobbed his head to show he received it loud and clear. He looked down at the pup who looked like she was trying to burrow into his thick fur. "How about we play a game?" he said softly setting down a pouch around his neck that his surrogate mother who had telekinesis had made for him. He dumped out a small pile of shinny smooth stones on to the cave floor. All where flat and round like a skipping stone. "whoever stacks the highest wins." he nudged a few stones, in a circle of four then picked up stones, building a round tower.

Lily gave lunar a small smile indicating that she had noticed her approach. She whispers softly to the other female. "You must be exhausted, I wish I had some herbs to help you sleep."

Storms ears moved to where she could hear Eclipse while still maintaining focus on Raven. She replied, "If the wolf doesn't identify, I'll give the signal for you to teleport. Aim for the neck if you can but don't get lost in the blizzard," she ordered.

Rayne wagged her tail happily. It was the most fun she'd had in a while. She started nudging the rocks one on top of the other, trying to balance them. She stacked one after the other until she had a tower of four stones stacked.

Kiji stacked up three stones on top of the four only having two levels. He was adding a third when his tower toppled over. "aw, you win. Wanna play again?" he said wagging his tail slightly.

Raven shifted uneasily. Finally, she spoke. "I am Raven." She couldn't claim to be a lone wolf, they'd smell the Outcasts on her. "I was of the Outcasts pack." Her teeth were chattering now from the cold. Her legs felt stiff. Please.

Rayne giggled, "Yes! Again!" Storm nudged Rayne under the safety of her. She looked back at Raven. "You think I'm a fool? Why would you leave the Outcasts to be a Guardian," she scoffed, not about to put her pack in danger. Her tail was flickering impatiently as lightning sparks ran across her fur. Rayne began reading the mysterious wolf's mind. If she was lying to Storm at any point, she would know.

Quinn saw Raven talking to the Alpha of the Guardians. That was good enough for her. She started to head back to her pack. Her fur matted with snow, it was difficult to walk. She barely had their scent. 'They must be on the move', she thought to herself. She knew she'd have to pick up her pace if she was ever going to catch up to them. She had Slade's scent locked in to her nose since he was her brother after all. She would follow his scent since it was the strongest.

Slade had wandered a mile or so from his pack when he spotted a herd of grazing deer at a water hole. He grinned. 'Perfect', he thought to himself. He watched to see if he could spot any other animals coming to the water hole. It was then that his sister came to the water hole. Quinn desperately needed water after journeying back down to Slade. As she approached the water hole, the deer ran in fear. Enraged, Slade could feel the fire burning under his paws and before he knew it, he had surrounded his fur in fire. He had a quick temper and it sometimes controlled his power. He ran up to Quinn, knocking her down with great force. Quinn yelped in pain as Slade's power was burning her fur. Quinn yelled, "Slade stop! Please!" Slade bit her neck to silence her. "You incompetent useseless waste of flesh! We were going to hunt those deer!!!" Quinn cried in pain, "I-I'm sorry! I didn't know! I was just really parched and-" Slade began to put his paw on her throat, both choking and burning her at the same time. "Silence! It should've been you who died instead of our parents.. At least they had real powers. You can't even fight, you're worthless. The only reason Carnage has kept you in this pack is so we can use you after a battle. Besides that, you're deadweight. Now go tell Carnage I found us a herd of deer to feed on and don't screw that up too".

Barely able to stand, Quinn went to her feet without saying a word. It took all her strength to get up but she knew if she had stayed down for a second longer, Slade would have tried killing her. She limped back to the rest of the Outcast pack where Carnage and the other were. Blood dropped from her neck. "Slade...found a herd of deer..j-just a mile North of here" She said to Carnage.

((I was accepted by catty via pm))

Kimberly walked into the cave behind Lily, shaking out her fur shortly afterward to dislodge the snow that had gotten onto it. That was before another wolf came up and Storm was asking her questions while keeping Rayne close and protectively. She laid down near a wall towards the back of the cave but kept her attention on her Alpha and the newcomer just in case she could help intervene in some way. She had also heard Storm and Eclipse conversing about him teleporting behind the stranger in case she hadn't identified herself but she guessed that he didn't have to do that since the wolf called Raven had done what their leader wanted her to. For now she was going to keep her distance but once the blizzard let up, she was going to volunteer to go out and hunt for food that they could eat in case they were starving later on.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Is it bad to ask you to change the name? My last name is spelled exactly like that, and it's really really really weird seeing it played like that. My nickname was kimber wolf to one of my teachers so it's kinda awkward.....))

Kiji whispers later to Rayne and moves back to not get involved, gathering his stones into the pouch again.

"Wait." Lily spoke up, voice like a warm spring day. She scented blood, and from the smell, it was the wolf's own. She looked at her alpha standing to the other side of her. "She said 'Iwas' Storm. She is wounded, can't you smell it?" She said softly and then slowly approached the wolf. "At least hear out her story, we know how the outcasts are. How ruthless they are. Kiji was once one until Frig took him in. You know frig, she was an elder before you were given the spot as alpha. She's cold and hurt. Hear her out, and if she wants to join us, that's one less outcast to fight, and one more to our strength. " she stood in between Storm and Raven.

---

Frost studied the wounds on the female. Although weak, she was useful and healed him a couple times. He knew her brother two, the hot head. Fire and ice couldn't clash as hard as these two have butted heads for years. Once again he bore his teeth, frost seeping from his mouth and the temperature around him dropping almost matching that on the mountain currently. "I'll go find that hot headed good for nothing before he scares off all the prey by burning the damned forest down. " He snarled and leaped off retracing the steps the she wolf took on her way from her brother to the camp.

(I changed it, my apology)

Storm was a good leader but she wasn't about to let anyone tell her how to run her pack. "Stand down" she said as respectively as she could to Lily. The reason she was one of the better Alphas was because she was raised by the one who gave his life hiding the larger piece of the Xenon Crystal that has yet to be found, even years later. She was not foolish enough to reject her from the pack. That was one of the differences between the Outcasts and the Guardians. The Outcasts would've most likely killed a wolf with the scent of a Guardian on them. While the Guardians welcome most wolves to increase their numbers. She was most likely going to let the wolf join their pack, but the wolf would still have to prove herself if she was to be trusted.

Rayne wanted to play more with Kiji, and kept sneaking out from under her mother's safety. She would leap on Kiji's tail, trying to catch it.

Quinn watched as the other wolf in her pack went after her brother. She was too weak too hunt or join them. She collapsed to the ground. "Please go on without me Carnage, I will catch up" she said as submissively as she could.

Slade had finally managed to scare the deer back around the watering hole. He kept hidden in the forest surrounding the watering hole. He layed on his stomach, waiting for Carnage and the rest of the pack to show up for the hunt. 'What is taking so long? That useless girl probably got lost or hurt herself on the way' he huffed as he waited.

Raven straightened some when the alpha questioned her. "My bro- alpha, sent me out here on a death mission. He sent me out in the midst of a blizzard to follow your pack, and for what? To make sure you guys didn't find the crystal before him." Her injured eye was froze shut with blood. Her wings and feathers were frozen together. Her whole body shook from shivering. She was a sorry sight, but the anger that burned in her for her brother was obvious in her molten silver eyes.

Carnage looked down at the injured wolf. "Pitiful." He was about to step over her to join Slade when he stopped. What's this? He lowered his nose to the wound. Past the overwhelming stench of blood, he could smell the saliva of another wolf. "Who did this to you?" He demanded coldly. She was an important tool in the pack. He couldn't have her getting hurt. A weak animal is a dead animal.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Quinn shook in fear. "S-Slade.. Slade did it!" She admitted, knowing once her brother found out she ratted him, he would surely try to kill her. "He's just a mile up ahead, waiting on you," she repeated.

Storm observed the wolf's every movements. "Get inside the cave" she ordered. It was then that she noticed all the cold, tired, and hungry wolves in her pack. She sighed knowing ahe had to do something. "Raven if you wish to prove your loyalty to this pack, then you will guard my pup while I hunt". It was a risky move. Storm had never let Rayne out of her sight, let alone in the hands of a stranger. Rayne looked at her mom scared and confused. Storm licked Rayne to calm her before she nudged her over to Raven. "If anything happens to her, you will become the hunt. Protect her and you'll have gained my trust which isn't easy to come by". She looked at Kiji and walked over to him. "If anything or anyone harms or threatens to harm my pup, you know what to do", she muttered. "I leave Kiji in charge until I get back! Until then, rest up while you can" she alerted to the rest of the pack. She was exhausted but wouldn't let that stop her from hunting in the blizzard. She refused to let her pack starve so she could get sleep. With that, she began to walk out of the cave.

Rayne looked at Raven and started licking off the snow, her tongue melting it with each lick.

((Hello!

Name: Blazeleaf

*Nickname: Blaze, or any variant of his name

*History: Born to loving parents, Blazeleaf was a pup that always got into trouble one way or another -- his mother and father were usually occupied with other things. During his younger days he was quite the charmer and still holds a fair amount of secrets. Nowadays, he has mellowed out and is much less energetic, but none the less a troublemaker.

*Mate: Possible flings happened

*Pups: ???

Pack that you belong to: Guardian

Personality: A calm, lazy, and somewhat sluggish wolf who likes to have a good time. He likes to tell jokes and loves to ramble about things that only really make sense to him, but he has a very sharp mind when he applies himself to a specific task. Preferring to avoid conflict, some call him cowardly, but he calls it "being smart enough to live another day".

Power: Blazeleaf's power is to create a benign white smoke from his fur and his breath. He is known to use this ability quite creatively, such as releasing enough to hide his escape, or to muddle the senses of other wolves. He has discovered that by eating specific herbs or berries, he can tint the smoke or give it a scent.

Appearance: A shaggy off-white wolf with an orange belly and eyebrow markings, back stripes and rear socks. His eyes are red.

*Additional comments: Brother to Bluebell. He is protective of her, even though his mist isn't quite thick enough to completely dampen her glowing at night.))

((hello hello !! i hope you don't mind, but i'd love to join the party! <33

Name: Bluebell

*Nickname: Blue, or any variant of her name

*History: Born to loving parents, Bluebell was immensely sheltered by her parents who worried when they realised her power was, frankly speaking, useless unless certain circumstances were met. Having grown up listening to tales of the Xenon crystal, she dreams of being able to help her pack to victory, even if from the sidelines.

*Mate: --

*Pups: --

Pack that you belong to: Guardians

Personality: Calm and collected, Bluebell is a peacemaker -- if not slightly timid. A lifetime of having to rely on others due to her unstable power has made her kind and gentle to all members of the pack, and she thinks of them as her family. As she cannot rely on her powers, Bluebell is aware she must train herself in other ways, and is a hard worker. She is very empathetic and openhearted, almost to a fault.

Power: Moonlight - Bluebell is only able to use her powers at night when the moon is visible. The moonlight strengthens her body, which allows her senses to be heightened and her speed increased, giving the impression as if she is almost gliding through the darkness. Everywhere her paws touch will leave behind a small, glowing white print.

Appearance: Bluebell is a slim, entirely white wolf with small paws and a long, sweeping tail. Her left ear is silver, while her eyes look bright blue reflecting the sunlight, but are in actuality a pale grey.

*Additional comments: At night, Bluebell’s power makes her glow a faint white. While aesthetically appealing, this is also very bad for camouflage purposes.

Blazeleaf’s sister. She’s quite used to his antics and treasures him dearly, and admires him for his creative uses of his powers.

))

Edited by xvi

(Accepted @TehUltimateMage & @xvi. If you need a recap I can offer one, otherwise you can jump right in)

Eclipse relaxed as Storm came to a decision. He listened as Storm ordered Raven around. As tired and hungry as he was, he couldn't let the alpha hunt by herself. "I'm coming with you," he said as he followed her out of the cave. "Two muzzles are better than one."

Lunar nodded at Lily's words as she yawned before Lily moved forward. Couldn't Storm see that the wolf was too weak and hungry? She tensed as Eclipse left with Storm to go hunting. She was trying to convince herself that this was not the last time she'll ever see her brother. He'll be fine. He could tackle almost anything. She layed down, thinking about her power. She never really used it much, only if necessary. If there wasn't so much snow, she could fly further and faster to find the last Xenon crystal.

Storm couldn't argue against Eclipse's point. If anything happened to her while she was out there alone, she would surely die. "Stay close to me" she said, not wanting to lose him in this blizzard. It was difficult to smell anything in this blizzard but she was picking up on a feint bear scent that wasn't too far from where her and Eclipse were.

Lily nodded and returned to Luna's side listening to the Alpha's decision and Raven's story. Once storm left, she approached raven and helped Rayne lick the snow and frost from the wolf. "What is your name dear? Come in further away from the cold. Let me look at that injury. " she said kindly nudging the female further into the cave. " Unfortunately I have no herbs to warm you up, but I believe I can heal that eye. " she says, trying to clean the frozen blood away so she could heal it better.

Kiji was flicking his tail around for Rayne until she joined her mother again. It surprised him that she'd let this stranger look after such a precious pup. When she came to him, he sat up in attention and nodded to show he did understand what to do. Even if he wasn't given the order, he'd still do what had to be done. However when she turned and announced that he the playful, fun loving, takes-nothing-seriously, kind of wolf was in charge, his eyes widened to show the whites, and his jaw dropped slightly. Did she trust him that much? He whom she gave a warning to earlier? The shock lasted but a moment and he stood shaking his fur to hide his surprise before trotting over to Raven and sat watching her and Rayne carefully. "Be careful alpha, say away from the rocks, the drifts are deep and you can get buried under quickly. If you find a sprig of plant life, mountain goats are near by. Please howl when you get something or on your way back so Rayne knows you're safe. I'll answer until I see you coming." he advised cautiously. Being born in winter, he knew his way around in a blizzard -considering he could create one himself he had to in order to fight.

Although he should be the one hunting. His father who had advanced muscle growth had a side effect of fur growth, making him appear like a large white bear. Unfortunately his appetite was eminence to keep up his strength and his speed was slow. He picked a fight with a bear for food, and both the him and the bear claimed each other's lives a month before Kiji was born. He inherited two things from his father, snowy white fur with hints of blue, and the thick coat. He had this year round (a little thicker in winter) and made him almost lethargic during the summer months. The way up here didn't bother him at all. He barely felt the cold. But, it wasn't his place to challenge the orders of Alpha, so he offered advice, it was up to her choice to heed it.

----

Frost came charging up from behind the deer. In a panic, two or three ran around the water while the rest tried going through the watering hole. Unfortunately, they were in ankle deep when frost's cold aura hit the water, freezing it at his breath and touch. Only a couple inches thick, it was enough to keep the dear in place as he ran around the pond, freezing it, then sat on the ice staring at the spot where Slade hid. He sneered, a cold look in his bluer then blue eyes. "That's how it's done pup. That stunt with your sister could have cost us a battle. If I didn't know how Carnage relishes in punishment, I'd do it myself. At least I'll get dinner and a show thanks to you, pathetic hot headed mongrel. "

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Arcum moved through the blizzard like a ghost. He left no trail, his breath made no steam, and his eyes did not blink in the harsh wind and snow. This was his element, his gift from the Xenon. That's when he began to pick up many faint traces of wolves caught in the blizzard's winds. Exhausted breath, fur, wolf and prey alike. He could not recognize any of it from what he could smell, but he knew that there was more than few strays living out here, there was a pack. His journey uphill continued.

Storm remembered Kiji's words as her and Eclipse tried to scout out prey. She began picking up on another wolf's scent (Arcum). She wasn't threatened by the wolf's smell for it was familiar. She then continued her focus back on the bears scent. She couldn't lose it, for food was scarce up here. "We're getting closer. You can smell it too right?" She asked Eclipse, referring to the bear. She was picking up on something else when out of nowhere a bear came charging to the side of Eclipse, swiping her giant paw at his side and ripping her claws into him. As soon as Storm saw the bear attack her fellow pack member, her fur lit up with electricity running across it. She was furious. She headbutted the bear, sending electricity running through its body. That's when she realized she had headbutted the bear against a tree. She saw movement in the tree above. Her eyes glanced up for a brief second and her questions were answered. The reason the bear actually came and attacked first, the strange smell, it was her cubs. She was a mother. While distracted for a brief second, the bear swung her paw into Storm, throwing her a good distance until she hit a tree. Storm yelped in pain. She tried opening her eyes but the blizzard made it impossible for her to spot Eclipse or the bear. 'This is not good, this is not good. You need to get up!' She thought to herself as she struggled to get her footing in the unreliable snow.

Slade growled as he stood, looking the wolf dead in the eyes. "Is that a challenge!" He snarled. "I don't understand why you keep defending that weak deadweight. She's a liability not an asset you fools! But go ahead and keep using her, see how long she makes it" he scoffed, ready for anything to happen to him. He already felt the fire under his paws as he grew angry

Raven was in awe that this alpha has left her to watch over the pup. If that's what it'd take, then she would do it. As of now, this pup was under her protection. Kind pack members began caring for her. "Thank you, thank you,..." Tears welled in her eyes. Complete strangers were kinder than her own pack ever had been. There's was no way she could turn on them now. "It's Raven." The obsidian colored wolf lowered her eyes to the pup. "If you wouldn't mind, could one of you try to unstick my feathers?" She half spread her large wings, the primaries had for the most part frozen together and movement painfully tugged her skin.

Carnage snarled and clicked his teeth together. He was the alpha, and he decided when it was fit to punish another pack member. Seriously injured wolves made them weaker. Even he knew that. "Vokun," he barked. "Watch after her. Make sure she doesn't bleed out." With that, he and a few other wolves headed the way she had came.

Upon reaching the watering hole, Carnage zeroed in on Slade. He shoved past Frost and ignored the deers. His orbs glowed a furious green. "Fool!" The wolf roared as he aimed a blow to the side of Slade's head. "This is my pack. Not yours. I distibute discipline as I see fit."

((I caught up, thank you))

Blazeleaf exhaled, the breath of the frost mixing with the breath of his powers. Even his naturally high temperature couldn't protect him completely from the cold, and despite his thick fur this was the coldest he had felt in ages. He walked in silence with the rest of the pack, head down, until Storm had uncovered a cave that she deemed safe.

Once out of the wind, it was as if the warmth melted the ice sealing his lips shut.

"Why would a wolf leave the Outcasts?" Blazeleaf scoffed as he tilted an ear to listen to the conversation at the mouth of the cave, though he kept his voice down so his words wouldn't be heard by Storm. "I hear rumors that their Alpha treats his wolves worse than dead rats rotting in a river, and when there isn't enough prey, he orders them to eat the elders."

Shaking the melted snow off his pelt, he continued with his outlandish claims, "I'm getting old," he said, despite not even having lived for four winters, "and I'd rather not the pups eye me as the next meal. So excuse me while I consider us the better, more civilized pack."

Still, despite his joking demeanor, he gave the new, winged wolf a long stare. He walked a large circle around her, keeping a cautious distance. The crystal had given her wings just as it had made steam rise from his insides, but Blazeleaf envied fire-based gifts the most, given that every wolf was freezing their tails off.

"The wound looks recent. Think the Outcasts are nearby?" he mused to Lily and Rayne, completely ignoring Raven apart from his quick examination. The white and orange wolf gave the air a sniff, even though there was no way he could scent the rival pack through a snowstorm. "I hope our Alpha doesn't end up getting in any trouble..."

Edited by TehUltimateMage

"I'm Rayne" she said softly as she saw Raven was injured. With all the wolves around her and Raven and her mother nowhere in sight, she began to get anxious. She was listening to Blazeleaf, when Raven opened her wings slightly, and it spooked Rayne. She ran to a dark corner of the cave and curled up whimpering. She was scared. She had never been without her mom, let alone with strangers.

Slade was caught off guard when he was struck, knocking him to the ground. He thought it was Frost who delivered the attack but when he looked up to see Carnage, he withdrew his flames. Weakly but firmly he spoke, "She scared off our dinner and I cattled them back for us to hunt and you're punishing me?! I gave her what she deserved! She was going to let us starve!" Slade let his anger take over his words. He knew talking back to the alpha would definitely get him hurt bad but he would just use his sister to his advantage when it was all said and done with.

Quinn lay there trying to regain her strength. She had never felt so pathetic before in her life. She could try to make a run for it but it was no use. She was too slow and weak right now and if she made a run and tried to become a line wolf, Carnage would catch up to her and kill her. She looked over at the pup named Vokun. She wagged her tail weakly. She loved pups. She always wanted one of her own but being that she was an Outcast, she couldn't. Pups weren't allowed because while pregnant you're just weak and useless in combat. And until the pup is old enough to fend for itself, it as well is useless. She sighed realizing the sad truth that she'd probably never have pups

Edited by cattygal210

Lily nodded ignoring blaze's comments and licked the feathers gently. She gave Kiji a look when he bore his teeth at the newcomer for frightening the pup before returning to the cleaning of the new female. "A lovely name dear, I'm Lily,the pack's healer. "

Kiji was already worried, having been pacing as soon as the alpha left. "highly unlikely, few can bare the cold weather and I doubt they'll make it this far in the weather. " he said, leaving out the fact his brother probably could. Instead he turned and walked to the pup, laying down beside her and grooming her in a fatherly way. "there there little one. Why don't we continue our game? The one with the stones I have. I'll protect you little one. " he said soothingly and pulled out his stones again to play. He'd give about two games. Then he'd go to the entrance to howl. If no response, he'd send a wolf to investigate. He was given this responsibility, and it was an honor. He wasn't going to mess it up and let his alpha down.

----

"Not a challenge, a warning..." Frost said with a sneer and moved aside as carnage charged past him to slade. Where frost sat near the deer -a young buck, fawn and doe- the ice grew thicker the longer his paws had contact with the ice. Although they were frightened, they couldn't buck or rear, and the Buck's antlers where still fuzzy nubs. They weren't escaping. An easy meal with little effort. Just how carnage likes it.

Bluebell made her way from across the clearing, having been attracted by the presence of a newcomer yet too wary to make the first contact before things had settled. From what she could see, Storm seemed to have accepted the newcomer; if the Alpha trusted this strange new wolf with midnight-black wings, then Bluebell would follow in her stead. With careful eyes, she watched as Rayne and Kiji settled into a routine peace, and padded her way over.

She caught the last few words of Blazeleaf's mini-speech, and the white wolf hummed, pressing her fur against her brother's as a way of greeting. "Surely not," she responded, voice firm. "I trust the Alpha as a fair and determined leader. No trouble would come their way, I hope."

She took a seat before the dark newcomer, eyes flickering briefly to Lily, who was helping clean the other's wounds, and twitched her ears in greeting. "Hello," she said curiously, folding her paws in front of her. She watched as the other unfolded her wings in awe. "Your wings are beautiful," she said lightly, "don't worry. You're with friends, now."

Blazeleaf laughed. Telling ghost stories to pups was a good way to pass the time, even though it was more the sudden movement that scared Rayne more than his tall tales. Lily pretended she didn't hear him -- just like most of the pack who did little but roll their eyes at him -- but at least Kiji was decent enough to answer his scattered thoughts. His tail raised, as if he were about to argue his point, but he then relaxed.

"Yes, you have a point. They wouldn't risk their diminishing numbers in the storm--" Blazeleaf's eyes followed the white wolf as he noticed that he was no longer paying attention to him, instead scampering off to play with Rayne again-- "and even boneheads like them aren't dumb enough to charge at us through the snow." Without skipping a beat, he nuzzled his sister as she approached, and went on, "Not that I'm saying going into the snow is a dumb move, no no, and I'm sure our Alpha can handle whatever comes her way, but I do wish she brought a few more of us along..."

Not wanting to help much with warming up Raven, he dusted a part of the cave floor with his tail, turned around, and curled up, watching the entrance. It was a wonder that Bluebell never got tired of him.

Raven watched the older wolf. How surprisingly on the mark his rumors were. "It's nice to meet you, Rayne." But within seconds the pup was scuttling off, obviously distressed by the numerous wolves and... her wings? She turned and looked at them as though she was seeing them for the first time. "It's nice too meet you too, Lily." As the friendly wolf cared for her, she started to relax some. The warmth from all the bodies was beginning to chase the chill away. Another wolf spoke to her. Gingerly tucking them back to her back, Raven smiled bashfully. "Thank you." She was still uncomfortable despite the more or less friendly atmosphere. "One second, please." Lowering herself to her belly, Raven edged away from the others and towards Rayne. Her eyes darted to the male wolf hesitantly. The alpha had charged her with caring for the pup. She already seemed to be failing. "I don't bite, I promise." The wolf, ever so slowly, again spread her wings. "They're like a bird's wings." Other than Vokun, she handnt much experience with pups. And Vokun himself was an oddity, much more mature than a pup should be. She knew however that she would always like pups. Had it not been for Canrage, she would have been much more upbeat and playful. Raven likely would've made an excellent aunt, and an even better mother.

A half bark, half snarl ripped through Carnage as his rage started boiling over. "This is my pack. I do the disciplining around here. You idiot, you could've killed her. Then where would we be!" His voice was eerily calm. A calm similar to the one before a storm. Like a snake, he struck out aiming for Slade's ear. Let this serve to be as a reminder.

Vokun watched the female curiously. "Are you going to die?" No, it was his job to make sure she didn't. Shadows started to surround him. Some smaller shapes peered from behind his ears, also watching. "No, I'm not going to kill her. We need her."

"That's a good idea." The pup turned and scampered off and returned with sizeable log. When he dropped it, a large spider scuttled out. Vokun was on it in an instant. It crunched beneath his paws. Picking it up by one of its intact legs, he dropped it before the female wolf. "If you're hungry." Carnage kept him well fed. He was the prized heir after all. Turning to the log the pup used his nails to claw it open. Inside along the walls was thickly layered cobweb. He gathered some on his paw and muttered something. Shadows reached out and peeled the webbing from his paw and hovered towards Quinn.