olympe

Other trophies with new benefits

I am in full support of this. The gold trophy is outdated and people have far outgrown its benefits for years. There needs to be more rewards and incentives in the game to give older players something to aim for.

The only thing I would personally want different is zombie trophy depending on how many dragons you killed instead of how many zombies you have. The way the system works currently, you would be lucky if you get 1 zombie out of 100 fodder. I have been trying every two weeks with all my kill slots, tried on halloween too and I still don't have a single new zombie since the zombie update came into effect, doesn't mean that I'm trying any less than other people. I think the trophies should be based on actual work put in and not luck, because it is entirely possible, if only hypothetically, for someone to get a zombie in their first attempt and another person to not get zombie even after 200 attempts.

Perhaps, once you reach 100/1000/whatever of one single breed, you get a teeny trophy that has that breed's sprite on it? Perhaps different bases with that same sprite, that follow the same requirements as the normal trophies - 50/200/500/1000.

When you hover over the trophy, it should say <breed name> collector - <level>

For example, if I have 200 Pyralsprites, there'd be a tiny version of the Pyralsprite sprite, which would say 'Pyralsprite collector - silver' when hovered over. There shouldn't be any further link, it's just a pretty thing.

Perhaps those extra trophies for breed collecting could be listed under everything else on the 'egg limits' page if we want to avoid continued top-of-scroll clutter.

Perhaps, once you reach 100/1000/whatever of one single breed, you get a teeny trophy that has that breed's sprite on it?

That would mean someone has to sprite tiny trophies of every single dragon in cave ~ don't think that's going to happen.

I support these suggestions especially more freezes kill slots, and reduced CD biggrin.gif

I may have said this before, but I think something like the magikarp badge would be cool, but for # of trades (one way or two way or combined)! I would really like to see who's really into trading when I look at someone's scroll.

Edit: yep lol. I said this already. woops. but! I think this version of the idea is a bit more refined.

Edited by irrelevantindigo

Well, I can see trades being an exception for BSA-based trophies. Trading / gifting doesn't offer an inherent benefit, yet it might be interesting to know if someone's an avid trader or not.

However, this kind of trophy might have to be renewed every month or so (5/20/50 trades in the last month for bronze/silver/gold trophy, respectively) so the trophy actually signifies something. Otherwise, you might see a long-forgotten scroll of a member that hasn't played in years, yet bears the golden teleport trophy.

Just saying.

Well, I can see trades being an exception for BSA-based trophies. Trading / gifting doesn't offer an inherent benefit, yet it might be interesting to know if someone's an avid trader or not.

However, this kind of trophy might have to be renewed every month or so (5/20/50 trades in the last month for bronze/silver/gold trophy, respectively) so the trophy actually signifies something. Otherwise, you might see a long-forgotten scroll of a member that hasn't played in years, yet bears the golden teleport trophy.

Just saying.

I don't think an earned trophy should be able to be lost. Would you pull a gold trophy away from someone who collected 900 dragons but then went inactive for several months? If someone's made 200 trades they've made 200 trades, period.

On the same note, I don't think the "collect all breeds" trophies would work as currently proposed, for the same reason. There's 190 breeds right now, so something like get 50 / 100 / 150 breeds might work better.

Other than those concerns though I really like the idea of other trophies with benefits, and the ones outlined in the OP sound awesome smile.gif maybe also have a trophy for raising AP eggs? The site can keeps track of when you toss your own eggs or when you abandon an egg and then go for it again, because it blocks you from grabbing them until someone else does, so it should be able to track how many AP things you take and raise. The payoff could be slots exclusively for AP things, just like we used to have in ye olde days (...or was the 5th slot for bred eggs...? I can't remember, haha.)

The 5th slot was for bred eggs.

And, regarding the teleport trophy, it doesn't come with any benefit. It's merely supposed to show your recent trading activity to an interested user. I'm not sure how important something like this is, but, well...

Regarding AP eggs: Finding out whether a non-CB AP egg is originally yours is easy. If the parents are on your scroll, it is. (Of course, you could circumvent this by, uh, breeding first and releasing your adults directly afterward - but there's no guarantee that you'll actually be able to catch the egg. I doubt it's worth it, though.)

Personally, I really like your idea for the "different breeds" trophy. Might edit the OP in about 12 hours. (It's very late - or early - where I am.)

Edited by olympe