Obscure_Trash

Sock Sockalicious Dragon Bingo!

Yeah that's what I'm saying! The term "grabbed" is too ambiguous.

it should reflect one of the three dates that show up on a dragon's profile.

The "laid on" "hatched on" or "grew up on" dates.

My date of acquisition is not traceable. Only those 3 dates are.

So a bingo that requires the date of acquisition to be the 23rd would be impossible to verify. It has to use one of those 3 dates/terminologies above.

Or... OR... maybe Sock is purposely being generous with the dates. Like if you posted a correct color dragon stolen on the 20th and hatched on the 24th and say you took it from the AP on the 23rd (the grabbed date), she could reasonably assume you're being truthful and give you the point. Whether you actually acquired it on that exact date is unverifiable, but perhaps it doesn't matter as long as the date falls in the range of dates we can see.

If Sock clarifies/rephrases the bingo, we'll likely get a do-over. If the grabbed thing stays, I'd argue you should be able to get a point for the above example.

Edit: AH! Grabbed = date dragon came into existence, stolen/bred.

Edited by dirtytabs

Round 6

Regular

R17. A fifth gen checker. BINGO!

R18. A sixth gen stair. BINGO!

R19. A caveborn dragon with no children. BINGO!

R20. A dragon with at least five named children. BINGO!

R21. A dragon with at least five unnamed children. laugh.gif I could use the same one, but I won't. BINGO!

R22. A balloon dragon caught in 2016. Nope!

R23. A leetle tree. BINGO!

R24. A blue-colored dragon grabbed in November of any year. BINGO!

R25. A red-colored dragon grabbed on the 23rd of any month and any year. BINGO!

Cascade

A3a. An unbreedable (dino, chicken, paper, cheese) caught in 2017. BINGO!

A3b. Three unbreedables (dino, chicken, paper, cheese) caught in 2017.

A3c. Five unbreedables (dino, chicken, paper, cheese) caught in 2017.

A4a. A gold dragon with at least one gold child.

A4b. A gold dragon with at least five gold children. BINGO!

A4c. A gold dragon with at least ten gold children.

A5a. A vampire who's successfully turned two vampires. BINGO!

A5b. A vampire who's successfully turned twelve vampires.

A5c. A vampire who's successfully turned twenty vampires.

If Sock clarifies/rephrases the bingo, we'll likely get a do-over. If the grabbed thing stays, I'd argue you should be able to get a point for the above example.

But she said once before that she had to go by verifiable dates.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Whether you actually acquired it on that exact date is unverifiable, but perhaps it doesn't matter as long as the date falls in the range of dates we can see.

I feel like that interpretation is incorrect, only because it would mean that your date range is approximately 30 days a month. So that means essentially any, and every, dragon on your scroll could qualify for that bingo.

An egg stolen from the Cave on Day 1 (lain on date being day 1) has, in theory, a maximum of 14 days to grow up. 15 if you stun the hatchling. It could hatch much sooner (Ie. incubate and earthquake BSA's), but that's the max.

That means, something you put on your scroll (in whatever form) on the 23rd could have its Day 1 as far back as 15 days ago, or it could be on Day 1 and have 15 days to go till it dies.

^ Now this is literally impossible to verify. Do you mean the "laid on", "hatched on" or "grew up on" date?? Because something I picked up as an egg on the 23rd could grow up anywhere from the 29th to the 6th of the following month. I also could grab an egg from the AP after it's been laid, or first 'grab' a dragon when it was already a hatchling. My guess is that you meant grabbed from the cave on the 23rd?

If I specifically want a cave-caught or bred dragon, I'll specify caveborn or bred. There's no instance where any host ever is going to need to verify that you specifically grabbed the dragon out of the cave, either. That's not how we've played the game so far, and I don't see why that would change. It's either caveborn or not, that's what people are looking for.

Grabbed means the dragon was created on the 23rd, whether generated by the cave or bred, the first date listed on its page should be the 23rd.

~

Ya'll have been really nitpicky this game, lol. ;3

R25. A red-colored dragon grabbed on the 23rd of any month and any year.

Bingo! Does this count as red, though?

Sorry, black teas are pink. =(

Okay, let me find another one, and maybe add another Bingo...

R25. A red-colored dragon grabbed on the 23rd of any month and any year.

Bingo!

Cascade

A3a. An unbreedable (dino, chicken, paper, cheese) caught in 2017.

Bingo!

wow no cascade for me, not my luck

Round 6

Regular

R17. A fifth gen checker. bingo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/0wygP

R18. A sixth gen stair. bingo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/fqAAU (finally after almost 10 7th gen)

R19. A caveborn dragon with no children. bingo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/MkVGc

R20. A dragon with at least five named children. bingo: https://dragcave.net/progeny/CRaJJ

R21. A dragon with at least five unnamed children. bingo: https://dragcave.net/progeny/CRaJJ

R24. A blue-colored dragon grabbed in November of any year. bingo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Dji4C

R25. A red-colored dragon grabbed on the 23rd of any month and any year. bingo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/rPJwW

If I specifically want a cave-caught or bred dragon, I'll specify caveborn or bred. There's no instance where any host ever is going to need to verify that you specifically grabbed the dragon out of the cave, either. That's not how we've played the game so far, and I don't see why that would change. It's either caveborn or not, that's what people are looking for.

Grabbed means the dragon was created on the 23rd, whether generated by the cave or bred, the first date listed on its page should be the 23rd.

~

Ya'll have been really nitpicky this game, lol. ;3

okayyy so pretty much what I guessed tongue.gif something with the 'laid on' date as the 23rd smile.gif

I still feel that the word 'grabbed' is inaccurate to describe that though, as per my explanations in previous posts, but sorry for causing all the confusion. I swear to god, this is why I do so bad on multiple choice tests sometimes....I overanalyze the technicalities of the sentence and make things 10x harder for myself.

Edited by Pryanka

Points tallied to here!

@fuzzbucket - I couldn't count your balloon for R25, as it's pink rather than red, but your red dragon counted for the bingo, so you did get the point.

@KittyZozo - I couldn't count your R17 because you posted a pb rather than a checker. I might count it as a checker if there were two alternating seasonals, but all but the final gen are spring seasonals.

~

Congrats, we have winners!

Even with one secret left and one bingo to correct, plus the small amount of users who haven't checked in, we have winners. If one of the third place winners finds the final secret, they could break the three-way tie!

First place: JolteonTails

Second place: Saikachan

Third place: Pryanka

**Second/third place could change if someone finds a secret within the next 48 hours. After 48 hours, this bingo will be officially closed to any bingo submissions.

(I forget if second/third place also wins a breeding offer? If not, I suppose the above doesn't really matter except as a matter of honor.)

JolteonTails, would you like to host the next game? =3

Great game, Sock!

Congrats to the winners. Looking forward to the next game already! laugh.gif

Thanks for such a fun bingo game, Sock!

I'd like to host the next game. I'll wait until the bingo submissions here are closed prior to starting a new bingo thread. smile.gif

I'd like to host the next game. I'll wait until the bingo submissions here are closed prior to starting a new bingo thread. smile.gif

Awesome! I can't wait to get to play again. =)

(I forget if second/third place also wins a breeding offer? If not, I suppose the above doesn't really matter except as a matter of honor.)

I think it is entirely up to the host whether they offer prizes to 2nd and 3rd place. smile.gif

Congratulations on winning JolteonTails! I can't wait till the next game smile.gif

This was a fun and challenging game overall Sockpuppet, thank you for hosting!

Waits with interest to see what the excellent JolteonTails does xd.png

Thanks Sock, for this one.

Congrats, we have winners!

First place: JolteonTails

Second place: Saikachan

Third place: Pryanka

Congrats to the winners! Thanks everyone for playing. =3

In case anyone was curious, the last secret was hidden directly in the bingo post:

user posted image

Although this was my favorite secret:

Riddle

I1. See me amongst the trees

Creeping along with my small and sharp, pointed horns.

Eternally with other dragons;

Redistributing pieces of the forest for my nest.

Binging on fruit that's hard for me to eat;

Going after birds' eggs for a tasty treat.

Still impressed that you found this, fuzz!

I, too, look forward to JolteonTail's bingo game! Keep your eyes peeled for it. =3

(And thanks for answering my question, purplehaze!)

This bingo game is officially closed.