AppleMango

Shocking or interesting things around the world

That's so weird.

(in white bc gross V)

Answering in white bc also gross = P

Yes, it does. Most of it goes away though when you flush but you normally have to scrub the rest with the toilet brush and flush again.

Edited by maylin

We def have magpies - specifically the American Magpie, aka the Black-Billed Magpie.

Depends on the region. I live in East Texas and we do not have magpies.

Not another country necessarily but I found it funny when we vacationed in Maine and were on a kayaking trip the guide pointed out a Great Blue Heron and everyone was ooing and awing and he stated that they were really rare to see. Over here they are rather common, though still neat to see.

Another thing was once I took a trip to Italy with my history and art class. One of the group asked for ice in their drink and though the waiter got it, he made sure to grumble about spoiled Americans. No one else made that mistake again. I never realized that ice in drinks was so odd.

Edited by Nectaris

for a while i thought washington state was just rain rain rain

until i went east and there was just desert and it looks like the zones from danger days and i was amazed

kinda weird lol

for a while i thought washington state was just rain rain rain

until i went east and there was just desert and it looks like the zones from danger days and i was amazed

kinda weird lol

Did you know Antartica is a desert?

Everyone in South Korea get one year older in first day on year rather than their birthday.(We also use birthday-based system called "만" and it is officially used in documents but is not commonly used on life.) I was used to that aging system but kinda surprised only South Korea (Not even North Korea!) use that kind of aging system. Edited by sh20000sh

I didn't know ice in drinks was weird either :s

We drink ice in our drinks in America.

We drink ice in our drinks in America.

It was in reference to what I said, where in Italy drinking ice with drinks is not normal. It may even apply to other parts of Europe, but I'm not sure.

In Germany they don't have normal window blinds like in America but these big anti zombie looking shutter things that are on the outside of the house and you open and close them with a lever inside.

Edited by maylin

Anything listed as hot or really spicy in Germany is not. Like really :|

It seems Germans can not handle hot food, so food they put as being REALLY SPICY is only very very mild and mostly sweet which I hate >:( I don't like sweet flavor in my ''spicy'' food.

So apparently at my work, which is Wal-Mart, we have a tourist attraction. Now before you think it's going to be special, it's not. There are billions and billions of these things out there and it has gone from entertaining to highly sad.

Our tourist attraction is....

*Drum rolls*

A Stop Sign!

Wait wut? blink.gif

A stop sign? But that's not even that special!

I kid you not! People have come down here to take selfies with this stop sign! It had become rather quickly become a popular meme in the state of Louisiana

Britain doesn't have much culture, but man. We put everything on toast. I never realised that beans on toast was weird until my Puerto Rican friend started freaking out about it. Spaghetti hoops on toast, sardines/pilchards/kippers on toast, cheese, any kind of eggs, just put it on your toast and it functions as breakfast, lunch and dinner. And midnight snacks especially. I didn't even know that Marmite on toast was considered strange until I read an article about it. It's also common to leave your toast to get cold before eating it because that way the butter doesn't melt. And probably the best toast habit of all..... Dipping it in your tea.

And vietnamese is just gonna eat balut like it's a delicacy. (but I love balut)

In Vietnam, justice is not a thing in villages.

I didn't even know that Marmite on toast was considered strange until I read an article about it.

What ELSE would you do with Marmite ? Seriously...

Spaghetti hoops on toast has to be the weirdest thing I've read today. Wow.

Spaghetti hoops on toast has to be the weirdest thing I've read today. Wow.

Try it. It's GREAT smile.gif (But do butter the toast...)

Update in the stop sign: it has been run​ over and made the news again

Not another country necessarily but I found it funny when we vacationed in Maine and were on a kayaking trip the guide pointed out a Great Blue Heron and everyone was ooing and awing and he stated that they were really rare to see. Over here they are rather common, though still neat to see.

That is funny! They are extremely common here (San Diego), I see them out back every day. They are such majestic birds. Though truly not very blue. More blue-ish/gray. Now another common species here, the little blue heron really is blue, and very pretty.

What's interesting to me about where I live is the tourists go nuts for seagulls. One lands on a wall and everyone is lining up, trying to get the perfect shot. Of.. a seagull. Which is basically as common as a pigeon. laugh.gif