Moonlight_Eevee

The Wilderness

So I was thinking and this is a suggestion I thought of. I think the Wilderness page needs an update. I think it should have it's own link on the page that says:

"As you reach the summit of the mountain, you see many large dragons scattered about, some with hatchlings. Nearby, there is a pile of several eggs.

You don't want to disturb the dragons, but some of the eggs are far enough away that you could steal one. Three of the eggs catch your eye. Which do you take? Or you can simply observe the dragons by going to The Wilderness"

From there, it separates the dragons in the wilderness. Instead of having a huge mismatch of dragons all together on one page, it'll have each dragon in their natural habitats and it rotates all the dragons (be it you leave and come back or simply hit F5).

There is a small problem like Shimmerscales, tinsels, and hybrids, but I suggest they go in the suitable considering their element.

Like I said, this is just a suggestion and it doesn't have to go anywhere. I just thought it'd be a huge improvement to the Wilderness page.

Interactive or not, it still might be fun to have the page a little more accessible. Although it does have its own charm as a sort of hidden page, but I'm impartial either way.

Seeing the dragons in their respective habitats might be neat if that wasn't too hard to code anything, I'd definitely be down for that.

Edited by ~Magpie~

I don't care either way - but I can't actually see the point....

I would rather not have any extra text added onto the biome pages. My mobile version hasn't been updated yet so I don't know if this problem is fixed in the new version or not, but on a couple of the biomes there is already so much text that the third egg gets pushed off the page and I can't see the description. Adding any more text would just makes it so much worse.

Now, I wouldn't mind a link being displayed somewhere else. On the topic of organising the wilderness into biomes, I can see how it would make sense in a natural setting and might make things a little more aesthetically pleasing. It would also make it easier for people to use the wilderness to get views for the encyclopedia since they could just go to one for a biome where they know those dragons would be. Perhaps for biomeless there could be a Cave setting as well, but that seems to be where all of the bred dragons would end up anyway.

Actually after typing all this out it seems a bit counter productive. I'll still be echoing others and saying a don't see much of a point, but perhaps my concerns can be built off of.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Don't see the need, we don't interact with the Wilderness and it doesn't affect game play. Given the vast number of potential improvements that are needed / wanted, I think this is a waste of time.

Cheers!

C4.

I don't see the point.

I bookmarked the Wilderness so it is quick and easy to access. I used to view the young so that I could click the new eggs laid in the wilderness or click on the hatchlings so they would grow.

Those who want to visit the Wilderness could just bookmark the link and not bog down the playing portion of the Cave when older slower computers, or mobile phones would be made even slower with the extra text and link.

The wilderness isn't interactive, so I'm not sure it really needs changing.

This post sums up my feelings on the matter.

Those who want to visit the Wilderness could just bookmark the link and not bog down the playing portion of the Cave when older slower computers, or mobile phones would be made even slower with the extra text and link.

An extra link on a webpage, especially one that's only one word long, is not going to cause any significant increase is a page's load time.

---

The Wilderness is one of those little quirky things that I would enjoy seeing expanded a bit, but I do agree with everybody else here that it's not entirely needed and the energy expended could be put into something more immediately useful.

I don't think it really needs to be linked to, but something like this would certainly be nice to see if Wor TJ was ever bored or wanted something that wasn't very intensive to work on.