ValidEmotions

Mythological Task Force: Angel Division |OOC|

Why do we assume these are antiques. Working revolvers are still produced. :T

As for the "vanity" effect of bullets, why would that matter? Fire matches Roland's personality and Spirit matches Akane's backstory - which, here, isn't applicable really, but hey - so I don't see the problem.

Man we are really constricted here in terms of what we can shoot these asses with. Damn.

Well, yeah. The premise is "angels with guns". I've mentioned to you before that you're only allowed to use guns.

Elements aren't really based on personality or history. It's actually a choice the angel made. The "vanity" is a secondary damage effect that is designed to bolster the Holy damage enough to cause an actual effect on the demon. Alone, Holy won't do anything - like absently swatting away at a fly by your ear. The element gives you a flyswatter.

Air vanity would be something akin to a small whirlwind spinning the demon around or sharp slices of air cutting through it. The temperature subelement would be making the creature sluggish from the cold or exhausted from the heat. Mist would also be a possibility. The two types won't be combined though. Each has a separate bullet and an angel can identify their own bullets but not someone else's.

So long as you stick with an effect that's within your element or subelement and is localized around the bullet wound, you're pretty much okay to do what you want. (Though, icy ground would be more of a water/ice attribute rather than an air/temperature.)

EDIT: Is... Is this a little too complex to understand? Or am I not explaining in an easy-to-understand manner?

Edited by Narvix

Hmmm I hadn't considered a time just yet but early evening would work. People out and about but the majority starting to head for home.

Yes, I figured that would be a thing aha. I'm thinking the flair would be customized to a specific symbol for each angel's name.

The thing is, that means Spirit is more of a support element anyway, designed to weaken demons through ranged or assaults of bullets so that other angels can clean it up.

Enter Rylain, who, though his charge may not be the same as Akane's, may end up finding similar enemies to hers.

Either way, I don't mind a bit of difficulty. Besides, going my cliched, average "Fire and Water" route for my male and female char seemed like just that - a cliche. I mean, if you didn't mind, I'd probably do it, but....

Still, I may as well just have any gun that is able to be civilian-issued legalized, such as the Revolvers, shotgun, and rifle and pistol. I know SMGs can't be civilian issued (as far as I know) so I can't say that.

That's kind of what makes Spirit a neutral element. At any rate, a shot to the head is an instant kill for demons. Except, they're incredibly fast so getting that OHKO is a challenge in of itself.

No, you're okay Mage. I'm going with the early evening hours so your stuff fits just fine.

I'm tempted to make it close to a holiday with lots of fireworks so it's more convenient. Because I'm going to have a bunch of carp go down once everyone's in.

Um, I guess this wouldn't be as straightforward as I thought it was. Bullets are a limited resource so bullet spamming is not a wise idea. The more bullets you have on your person, the heavier the weight. So make sure you plan ahead and know your limits before it ends up being your death.

Magazines and clips aren't very heavy to begin with Narvix. Even when they are loaded. Now for my chars:

Karleo: Fire|734 years old|male identity. He'll be using a modified AR-15, a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun, and Berreta PX4 storm

Nithandros: Water|650 years old|male identity. He'll be using a modified H&K 417 A2 and twin Berreta M9s.

I know that aha. It's just kind of to discourage people from carrying a thousand bullets with them at all times.

Alrighty - here's my character. Expect a post tomorrow, because I have some translation work to do.

Azriel - [COLOR=darkred]Earth[/COLOR] | 531 years old | Male identity

Azriel uses two weapons:

The first is a Belgium-imported IMBEL FN FAL, chambered with .308 caliber rounds and with an attached bipod and 4-16x adjustable rail-mounted scope. The weapon is glamored - however, the only things the glamor itself changes are the manufacturer carving names along the weapon's parts, as some parts have to be changed with US-manufactured alternatives for the weapon to be legal - other than the name, however, the parts are functionally the same.

[Reference]

The second is an 8" Mateba Model 6 Unica Hunter, chambered with .454 Casull rounds, that is colored in black. The revolver's standard fire is semi-automatic and does not involve pulling back the weapon's hammer by hand to prepare each shot. Azriel keeps with himself speedloaders to reload the weapon quickly in a heated situation.

[Reference]

He obviously keeps the revolver on himself at all times.

#totallynotgunnut

Edited by KuroKishi

Looking at Kuro's detail makes me want to add some more to mine. Although, did you mean 8" Kuro? Because 8 feet strikes me as too much handgun.

Edited by Epyon

You... Don't have to be so detailed right now. This is the OOC. People have the option to list the name, element, age, and gender identity of their character(s) but that wasn't required.

EDIT: I've thrown together an information document, pulling all the clumps of info into one place. The document is view only so, if any of you come up with any ideas to contribute, please post it here or PM it to me and I will consider the idea. If something isn't clear or was missed, please inform me so I can clarify/add it.

Edited by Narvix

Hey Narv... Quick question. After reading about the angels, and their wings, the way it is worded is that similar to the guns, the wings are still there and effected by physical objects of the human world. Is this correct? Meaning, if the wings are invisible, you would still have to get over sized clothing to accommodate them?

No. There is no need for oversized clothing to accommodate your wings. Your wings are accommodated for by holes in the back of your clothes to slip them through. When you hide your wing (so when they dissolve from sight), they are being hidden from all senses: sight, touch, sound, etc - as if they didn't even exist in the first place. However, your angel retains awareness of their existence.

Does that help?

EDIT:

You should add what elements affects what demon the most to least (if at all)

:| But I... already did... The order of the elements is listed in my intro post as well as the information document.

Fire is weak to water, water is weak to earth, earth is weak to air, and air is weak to fire. Spirit is neutral; neither weak nor strong against any others. A demon of fire attribute would be normally affected by earth and spirit. A water attribute would be normally affected by air and spirit. And so on. If it isn't causing major or minimal damage, it's causing an average level of damage.

EDIT2: Here is a visual idea of what the system looks like. Focus only on the outer ring. The arrows point in the direction of which element is strongest against. (i.e. Water is strongest against fire.) I'm not sure what game this image comes from.

Edited by Narvix

"Certain angels decided upon elements, since even if they were lower class, grunts of their service, they were still capable of magical use and killing demons.

Some chose Fire, the element of change, the element of chaos. Fire to purify, inferno to consume.

Others, chose Air, Wind, the element of breath, of each inching end. Wind to blow, storms to forge.

Still others chose Earth, the element of stability, of precious knowing. Stone to crush, earth to shatter.

And many chose Water, the element of fluidity, of constant motion. Water to drown, abyss to devour.

And yet, a fifth element, of the very spirits of the four, came forth to be chosen... the essence of the Soul, the Spirit. Weak, yet strong to all. Neutrality. Balance."

Edited by Thaelasan

I hate to say it, but I think I'll have to drop out. I know I haven't even posted yet, but I bit off way more than I could chew. I just simply can't do my character justice with an intro post. This will probably chalk up to another thing to add to the list of RP's that I joined and never posted in, but my brain is simply too wracked right now, between school and family issues, to brew up anything of adequate length and info.