pudding

The Multiverse {CLOSED}

I was just playing as Lu/Ciel fighting Perkisas.

So after RPing as them, I can safely say, playing them in game feels different. Very different.

But it's a good different. It's enjoyable.

I can say the same about role-playing Clarion improving my experience of playing the clawed girl from They Bleed Pixels. Reviewing the cutscenes I have discovered so far allow me to get a better insight into her personality and thoughts. A bit like Portal, in that the player's efforts to progress serve to define the character in at least one manner.

Clarion is a troubled young lady, which is why she was enrolled at Lafcadio's. I also figure that in a way, she almost is starting to enjoy the power her curse grants. Whether because it makes her stronger than in real life, or because of the Book of Claws' influence is up for debate.

You've got me really interested in Elsword, admittedly. Unfortunately, I've only got Macs and one dinky PC that probably can't support it since it's super old. Darn.

Anyway, so we should probably discuss how we want the fight the end. If Ciel (Or Lu now) wins, they'll need to incapacitate Toothless somehow so he can't keep fighting (Either with injuries or tying him up or something). If Toothless wins, someone will have to interrupt him so he can't just keep attacking them.

Edited by pudding

While I had heard of Elsword before and was quite interested in Lu/Ciel, I actually paid more attention to Eve.

And yeah, Toothless is proving to be an issue... But more importantly, what are all the people living in the city going to do? (Also, it seems the migration to the city has begun, as the forest group must now take Chell into the city for some medical care. I'll post on that tomorrow, most likely.)

EDIT: Is Lu cosplaying as Clarion?

Edited by Coryn02

Claw sisters. Perfect.

But yeah, its fine for Toothless to lose but since it's pre movie, he's very much under the impression if he loses, he dies. So even if he's clearly beat he'll fight if there's the option he can run. It's only if he can't escape or reasonably fight that he'll actually give up. And even then, there's no guarantee that he'll stick around if he is freed.

Training Toothless is like a dating sim or something. Except all you have to do is spam feeding him fish.

Or, in the case of Fire Emblem, fight together in brutal conflicts you didn't want to be a part of while petting each other and talking after each battle.

Kinu kinu kinu.

Well actually, if nobody has rope or something to restrain him (He probably won't be that forgiving if they just shoot his legs and wings), it could actually be a good way to win his loyalty if a horrible conflict happens. Or, like, they save his life somehow.

But yeah, I'm enjoying the huge fight. It feels really epic.

I mean Lu and Ciel have ridden Hamelings. Maybe not canonically but they're a pretty popular mount, and Lu would love riding a giant dark dragon around.

It's too bad in game the developers didn't make Lu and Ciel walk around together. You always are only one unless you're posing at the end of a dungeon where she does the pose in my gif and several others.

It's like D: BUT I WANT THEM BOTH OUT BEING CUTE.

Edited by Thaelasan

So if Toothless gets hit with the Soul Extortion, it that going to kill him? I'm trying to decide if he has to dodge or if he can get hit by the attack and still live.

No, it wouldn't kill him unless he had really low health.

In game, Soul Extortion isn't really a finisher. It's actually meant for engaging in real fights, draining souls to give you an immediate advantage or more mana if you just finished a large conflict.

Also earlier when Ciel used Strong Strike I forgot to make demon fires chase Toothless.

Whoops.

But no, it would just weaken him. If Ciel got max souls from it though (which, in game, is now a 50% chance any time the skill is used) this fight could go very different.

Max Souls Lu/Ciel is VERY... very awesome.

I'll be rolling a dice unless you want to as OP for if Ciel does, if you want to go that in depth.

EDIT: Wait, how did Undyne make it to the scene so quickly? Wasn't she outside the town with Isaac and Dante, but closer than Lu and Ciel had spawned in?

Edited by Thaelasan

NOOO NOW THEY'RE ALL RUNNING AWAY.

Now we need a new plan to get them all together again.

Run Forest run

I held off on Rey 'cause I needed to know something. Since this is New York City, wouldn't the Star Wars franchise exist? And others too? I've got an idea for my next post with Rey.

I'm trying to imagine ways pre-movie Toothless can understand others, if he doesn't understand any other languages. I feel like they'll try and hilariously fail, heheheh.

The only reason Clarion hasn't done anything else yet is because I'm waiting on Shadow to post with Chell again.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to what'll happen when she meets everyone else, and also the part I have planned for her own personal development (hint: It'll be really creepy).

EDIT: Wait, nevermind...

Edited by Coryn02

omg I was waiting on you Coryn

After all, everyone in that setting has posted but you :/

Sorry, I just noticed the post in question. I'll cook something up...

So my idea is that given the Book of Claws is sentient, shouldn't it be able to understand everything Clarion says?

By extent, this means that as its bearer, she should be able to converse with it and form a sort of agreement. While she has no intent whatsoever of forming a pact with the book that ruined her life, since they are in a situation they might be able to escape on their own, it's perhaps best they work together for now... Or at least, this is the mentality of the book.

That's on you. I don't know anything past the wiki. Just play your character and their book how you feel they should be portrayed. That's my rule of thumb.

Since these characters are limited by what little we've seen of them, I absolutely allow and encourage you to expand on what you know and follow your ideas.

Anyway I imagine Toothless picks up mostly on tone and body language more than anything. Him communicating with other dragons probably has a more defined sort of psuedo-language with noises and body language exchanged between multiple dragons, hence where his understanding of human language comes from.

I think I'll go over my plans thus far, then:

As is generally the case when Clingy Macguffin meets Artifact of Doom, the Book of Claws corrupts its readers thoroughly, generally turning them into monsters, driving them mad, or killing them (or any combination of the three). Nonetheless, it is possible, though exceedingly difficult, for it to be destroyed. (Probably not the smartest idea, as this might only free the spirit inside and make it even more trouble, though this could take away its influence on the mortal plane.)

Now that the multiverse is in danger, the malefic force within the Book of Claws is in danger as much as everything else. The book was created by humans as a means of both channelling and containing its might, so it must now interact with a human if it wants to survive (as is common with the Artifact of Doom archetype, it's helpless in the absence of humanity).

This is where Clarion comes in: as one of only two humans who have possessed the tome in recent times (not a spoiler, we see it every time the game starts), she is the only one who can enter into a demonic communion with the spirit inhabiting the Book of Claws as she currently has it. While it initially wished to test her mental might as a possible tool for domination on Earth, it now must resort to a mutual partnership with her if they both plan to survive.

Edited by Coryn02

That sounds great!

Also, as a note, Chicogal will soon be joining this as well with the Tenth Doctor. You can expect the sheet soon.

Name: The (Tenth) Doctor

Species: Time Lord

Name of Franchise: Doctor Who

Appearance: [x][x] Slim and a little bit foxy, the Tenth Doctor stands tall at just over 6 foot. He dresses in a brown pinstriped three-piece suit, sometimes with a long beige trench coat over.

History: The Doctor has just lost Donna, the best friend he ever had. He has just left her wedding at this point in time. Before this, he lost Martha and Rose. He loved Rose incredibly, and it tore him apart when she was left in another dimension for the second time. Recently he has gone through a lot of trauma, and it hasn't left him entirely stable.

Powers

~ Regeneration - When extremely hurt, he is able to regenerate into a new physical form.

~ Two Hearts

~ Telepathic abilities (mind reading when touching a person's head, mind wiping)

~ Resistant to poison etc

Other:

~ I'm planning it such that the meta Doctor never existed, and Rose does not have a Doctor.

~ More info here.

Edited by Chicogal

Accepted. Do you need a recap on where groups are and what's happened?

ALSO as a side note if anyone wants to and has a skype, I can make a group chat for plotting things. I usually do that with Shadow all the time and if anyone wants to join us on ramblings and possible plot ideas, I can send you my skype name and add you as a friend.

Yep, add me in please! smile.gif

Yes please. I've done a bit of reading, but still a little confused.