Nalabyte

What is your gender?

What is your gender?  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, olympe said:

I don't think I fit in any of the categories. I'm female (body-wise), and never had any real issues with it - unless I'm grumpy with cramps.

But... I've got way too much hair for a "proper" female (and it extends...), and my thinking and behavioral patterns are way more "male" than "female". I've always preferred maths and science over any "soft" sciences and skills, I prefer dirty jokes and boisterous company over the commiserating and giggly kind, I stay as far away from other people's babies as I can (while trying to not come across as totally rude).

Does that make me genderqueer, maybe?

ETA: I do identify as female, but I just don't feel like I fit the mold. :) 

Gender stereotypes are so very dumb. They change from culture to culture and century to century.

Identify however you feel but I don't think you're genderqueer just because you don't conform to stupid, abitrary, gender stereotypes.

I don't identify with them either. I am a cis woman. I don't have to love pink and want a whole litter of babies to be a cis woman.

All being cis means is that your sex and gender identity align. I am AFAB and my gender is female. Therefore I'm a cis woman.

Anyone who says otherwise because I'm not a girly girl can take a long walk off a short pier into a freezing lake then rethink their position once they get out of the water.

Edited by Cireth

Oh hey, the gender thread has been resurrected! This time while I have a forum account, yay. ^^

I'm an out and proud transsexual. Male, female, both, neither, I feel a close connection with all of them. In contrast to some of the less traditionally "girly" women in this thread, I absolutely love pink and dresses and flowers and other cutesy stuff, and I exclusively use she/her pronouns, but I feel no less male or nonbinary for it. I also don't conform to any aspect of traditional femininity that I don't like, such as wearing makeup or removing facial hair - I'm happy being visibly trans, and while I do get some weird looks no matter which gendered bathroom I use, it's worth it to be able to feel at home in my own body. I used to feel like I was doing gender wrong no matter which direction I went, but coming to terms with my trans identity, immersing myself in multiple thriving queer communities and simply pursuing what made me happy with an open mind has changed my world! :D

(Note: if anyone thinks they can guess which gender I was assigned at birth based on this description alone, I can nearly guarantee you're wrong; that whole situation is somehow even more complicated 😂 )

I do feel the need to post a correction to some previous comments made on this thread years ago - you don't need to be suffering living as your assigned gender to be "allowed" to be transgender. The only thing someone needs to be transgender is a desire to be transgender. Some people experience gender dysphoria and don't have much of a choice in the matter, but many others do actively choose to pursue transgenderism simply because it makes them happy and that's no less valid. The main goal of the trans rights movement is to give the individual the right to choose what is best for themself without fear. It's primarily about protecting what should be a basic human right - the right to do whatever the heck you want as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

But yeah, go gender, I love gender, love to snap it in half and glue it back together in funny ways. Gender roles are OUT, doing stuff your own way is IN ❤️

Gender Identity has been a weird battle for me for a long time, especially since having adhd/autism  can effect how you view yourself and your gender. I notice when I'm alone I'm more disconnected from my assigned gender, but when I'm around other people I feel way more feminine. I learned recently that it's a part of masking with adhd/autism! 

Even tho I still question how i feel everyday, I feel the most content with identifying as bigender! Bigender is a non-binary gender where you basically feel like male and female at the exact same time. Its like genderfluid except instead of swinging to each side, most of the time I feel right in the middle! sometimes I feel a little more, a little less but it's never 100% on one side.

Its a lil funny reading the beginning of this topic because there were people that said "I'm female but wish to be a guy, and it feels wrong to be a girl." I felt that for some long, For myself, I rejected femininity when I was a child and never wanted to be seen as girly in anyway and I was starting to think I was straight up trans unless I allowed myself to be feminine without shaming myself. It was like I unlocked some wonderful new feeling I kept myself from feeling... like it was ok to feel pretty sometimes, and it was still okay to feel masculine sometimes.. gender euphoria is a wonderful thing. 

Good luck to anyone questioning their gender identity! It might be a difficult confusing mess but it'll be worth it to feel comfortable in your own skin,, 

I'm a 62 year old Cis woman.

Never married, but I have an adult son. I like men but don't date at this point in my life, thought way too many men flirt with me. I just wish it wasn't the over 70 crowd that I attract.

I wear dresses on occasion. Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and that is about it.

I live my life in jeans and t-shirts. I like short-shorts, and wear them far too often. IDC what people think. Well, except my late mother. She hated that I would walk the dog in shorts. I did it anyway.

I don't know if I give off any "vibe", but I was recently told by one of my neighbors that she would get me a schedule of the gay man's chorus after she told me that she just came back from a performance.

I think she is the mother of the high school kid who was wearing a dress a month or so ago who told me he was a boy. He looked good in a dress and had done a great job on his makeup. I told him looked great, because he did. 2 weeks ago, he told me that he broke up with his boyfriend who treated him poorly.

I hope she is his mother, and that he has a strong support system in place. 

I'm a smth smth cis-ish woman.

The -ish mainly bc I give zero efs whatsoever whether ppl address me as male, female or whatever. Pronouns are extremely whatever to me and I have no interest in defining my gender or lack thereof past "traditional gender roles be gone"; I'm extremely queer aspec and have zero intention do anything that is traditionally "expected" from a woman: marry, have kids etc. I want none of that.

So idk if I'm cis or not and it's not particularly important to me.

I just want to become a crazy cat lady.

I'm a Nonbinary, Gender Fluid, AFAB flesh bag with they/them pronouns, and Pansexual. I have been married, no kids thank goodness, currently in a hetero relationship but we're thinking of getting a 3rd since my partner is very introverted and he wants me to have the attention I need while still loving him and the other equally.

HEYYYY just a heads up. Cis has just been designated a SLUR on Twitter, and using it of someone else can get you into trouble. Ugh.

I'm agender but normally when people ask (and when they're people I don't mind coming out to) I just say I'm nonbinary or that I'm a trans guy. I normally don't really feel like explaining what agender is and how I know I'm agender

the specific term i use is gendervoid, but when interacting with cis people i just say transmasc nonbinary. it's way easier than explaining the nuances of xenogenders.

I've been identifying as genderfluid now for a couple of years and it feels like I finally found the words to describe what I had been feeling my whole life. It's been liberating to understand why some days as a kid I would want to fit in with the boys and others I'd want to be more fem.

I came out as agender over eight years ago when i was a sophomore in high school, because the concept of gender identity never quite made sense to me. It still doesn't, but now I've been rethinking it because I don't particularly feel gender dysphoria, but some days it irks me when I'm called a "she" by certain people (even though i go by any pronouns), some days I'm super confident and happy with the body I was given and then the next day I look at my birthday suit and think "those are certainly things on my chest". Growing up I wasn't girly enough for the girls and I wasn't boyish enough for the boys, and I still consider myself one of the boys. I feel powerful in a pretty dress and comfortable in baggy clothes and looking androgynous. I think I felt most confident in my identity when I looked more androgynous and people couldn't decide if I was a boy or a girl. I like to think that my gender is chaos and trickery and I'm just a gender goblin.

AND THEN NIMONA CAME OUT.

and oh my god, I could not have asked for a better representation of my indefinite gender identity than what was portrayed in that movie. I felt SEEN. For the first time in my entire life I saw myself in a fictional character and it was absolutely liberating! I don't quite have a label that feels right other than agender, but that thing that's being presented in Nimona? That's me. That's my gender.
NIMONA - Official Teaser Trailer (2023) on Make a GIF

On 7/30/2023 at 4:37 PM, Impulsive_Egg said:

I like to think that my gender is chaos and trickery and I'm just a gender goblin.

AND THEN NIMONA CAME OUT.

and oh my god, I could not have asked for a better representation of my indefinite gender identity than what was portrayed in that movie. I felt SEEN. For the first time in my entire life I saw myself in a fictional character and it was absolutely liberating! I don't quite have a label that feels right other than agender, but that thing that's being presented in Nimona? That's me. That's my gender.

Definitely can relate to that! What is gender anyway? I'm just me!

I use the term nonbinary online, but I'm not out to a lot of people irl because I don't want to have to explain or justify myself (especially to people who've known me since before I realized I'm nonbinary and therefore perceive me as my gender assigned at birth). I sometimes mention I'm nonbinary to new people who come into my life... if they ask / if I feel like they would react positively :D

Not sure if my thought process makes sense to a lot of people but hey, who cares

Wow, there are really a lot of great comments in this post! I like everyone's comments about gender! Although my self-cognition is a woman, you can also call me him. It's just a meaningless name for me. I can be anything in your words, but I'm just myself in my heart.

By the way, for sexual orientation, I only have the orientation of my heart!BE YOURSELF.

I usually just say I'm a dude, but I feel like the term "genderqueer" is most accurate. My connection with gender as a concept has always been kind-of-there and kind-of-not-there. If that makes sense.

48 minutes ago, Itherael said:

I usually just say I'm a dude, but I feel like the term "genderqueer" is most accurate. My connection with gender as a concept has always been kind-of-there and kind-of-not-there. If that makes sense.

I think I recognize that. The way I always describe it is: yeah, I'm a woman, but it's on like, page 15 of the CV. I'm a biologist first, and an artist, and an optimist even, before I am a woman. It's just not very important to who I am.

Pretty sure that's normal variation though. For some people their gender is a very big part of their identity and for some it just isn't *shrug*

I’m a really genderqueer trans :] very androgynous, but the vibe changes often and that’s okay cause I have lots of clothes

Biologically I’m female; identity wise I fall probably more under “genderfluid” than anything else. I think the exact term nowadays would be “demifluid,” I’m always chill with the fact that I’m biologically a gal but my self-perception and presentation can vary on occasion, and since I was a wee thing I’ve always acted sort of in between masculine and feminine, teetering a bit more on the masculine side. Sometimes I’m 100% okay with being female, sometimes I’m absolutely not. Sometimes I just want gender as a concept away from me altogether.

I don’t really care about pronouns though; call me “she,” “he,” “they,” “rubber chicken covered in rainbow polka dots,” I’m fine with anything. Online I don’t usually specify a gender/pronouns to people I meet unless they specifically ask; I like to see what people interpret me as when they meet me. It’s always pretty interesting to see how different people interpret me in a different way.

I do go around as a guy on the couple online games I play though, for one reason or another, and tend to lean more that way on a few other platforms as well.

I do pretty much exclusively like girls, though. ;)

On 11/5/2015 at 12:30 AM, Nalabyte said:

So, in the IRC we were talking about gender ratios on DC. Since no one else did, I figured I'd make a new poll since the last one was done in 2010 😄

I've added in the appropriate options (i believe) So vote away!

If you're not sure what a term means, I suggest google as it helps a lot or you can mail me and I'll explain 😄

What gender are you/do you associate with? 😄

I am genderfluid, so I use any/all pronouns ❤️