kipper

Friend people on forums.

I would do this idea so you can friend others in forums.

at anyone profile, were you see Communicate, there should be 'My Friends' and if you want to share your dragon cave account/eggsite, then it should say 'This user's profile is [profile here]'

I know other forums where this is a feature. I'm not against it particularly, I just don't see the point or real use of it. xP

(Also not sure if this is a feature in this version of the forum. =o )

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

You can add people as a buddy if you want quick access to messaging them, and every good stalker knows about the find all posts by this member feature wink.gif

I know its not the same, but just throwing some ideas out there of how you can simulate following or friending someone.

I know other forums where this is a feature. I'm not against it particularly, I just don't see the point or real use of it. xP

(Also not sure if this is a feature in this version of the forum. =o )

This. Except I would truly HATE it, as well. I know who my "friends" are - why formalise it ? As for follow - no-one EVER better follow me... mad.gif It's like stalking.

What is the point of this - and GOD - what on earth "features" would you want to add ? It sound dire. This is not facebook.

I wouldn't be against this, but it doesn't really seem like a priority, or even something that time should be used on? (At least, compared to the fair number of more important/needed suggestions and requests here on DC).

Like fuzz said, I know who my friends are and I don't really need a list for it. ^^;

Plus, you can add people as a buddy already? I'm not sure what more you want, but if you have any ideas you should probably add them to your post to flesh out this suggestion more.

I don't like this idea one bit. I like the DC forums because I can come in, speak my mind, and leave, without having to really interact with people. Social media, of which friending is part, has an inherent expectation of constant social interaction, which aggravates my anxiety. That's why I like tumblr, where I can just reblog stuff that rolls across my dash, and why I'm avoiding my Facebook and Instagram accounts, where people keep trying to talk to me.

It's been at least a year and a half since I last checked facebook or my e-mail account associated with social medias. I had other interests on the email, but the "friend" stuff just got ridiculous.

I too know who my friends on the site are, and my rl best friends know how to pick a phone and TALK! (What a novel concept!)

No, PLEASE, no!

We actually already have this, in the form of the 'buddy' system. Just because it doesn't use the actual word 'friend' doesn't mean it's not essentially the same thing.