PureDark006

Choice, a Pokemon Shifters RP

Jasper was so amused with laughing at Zoey's attempt to justify herself that he had completely forgotten why Garrett had dragged him over to the trainer. The corner of the man's lips twitched downward as he turned his head to scowl at the Deerling. Garrett replied in kind by raising her head and letting out a dignified "humph". Unfortunately for Jasper, it seemed as though Zoey's little bundle of annoyance did in fact know where he was going. Garrett would be sure to remind him of that if he tried to disagree with her plans again. Of course, he could always counter with the fact that Tama didn't exactly seem like the brightest pokemon around. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Garrett cringe and gaze in mild concern as Tama rammed straight into a nearby tree. How old even was the Litleo? He appeared to be very young and if Zoey was expecting a child to lead her around, then perhaps following them wasn't the best course of action.

After Zoey got Tama under control and extended her offer to travel together, Jasper stayed point and simply waved at them nonchalantly. Once they were out of earshot, Jasper looked down to see Deerling gave him an inquisitive look.

"Aren't we going to head after them?" she asked as she tilted her head in curiosity.

"Hey this was your plan, not mine," Jasper challenged as he shook his head. "Why the heck should we follow them?"

"She's the same as you!" Garrett hissed loudly as she flattened her ears against her head. "Not only does that Litleo know where the closest town is, but that lady is in the same exact predicament as you! Aren't you in the least bit intrigued by the fact that you and that woman are able to transform from a pokemon to a human or vice versa? That's not normal, that's absolutely incredible and you can't just ignore it." Jasper stared disapprovingly at Garret who glared back at him with defiance. What did she know about normal? From what he gathered, she had lived in her little herd of Sawsbuck and Deerling her entire life. It could be perfectly normal for all she knew. Although, now that he thought about it, Jasper couldn't recall hearing about people who could shift like him, but he wasn't a very credible source since he didn't remember anything besides some weird rules. Still, even if he and Zoey were the same, there were plenty of reason not to follow her.

Placing his hands on his hips, Jasper bent down until he was a few inches away from Garrett's face.

"So, you're saying that you'd risk the chance of following some child, who might have head trauma from bashing his head into a tree, to a town you don't even know about because of the off fact that the person you're traveling with, who you clearly don't like, has the same 'magical' powers as the owner of said child?" Jasper growled, his voice dripping with venom.

"It's a lot better than starving in the woods and never finishing that little 'game' you mentioned," Garrett barked back with a tone as equally bitter as Jasper's. The two held their glares for several moments before Jasper straightened himself up, clicking his tongue thoughtfully. He didn't want to wander around the woods anymore and his only excuse for doing so was that he was too stubborn to admit he had no clue where he was going. Garrett was right about sticking with Zoey because she could also shift and while Jasper highly doubt they would starve, the thought of getting some warm delicious food in his stomach was... tempting to say at the least. Jasper stared out towards the forest, mulling through his options as Garrett held her glare.

"Alright," Jasper said as he sighed reluctantly. "We'll follow them, but only until we don't need them anymore. If they're too troublesome, I'm not going to stay around and watch them crash and burn."

"Fine by me," Garrett chimed in a pleasant tone as she lifted her head high and began prancing off in the direction that Zoey and Tama had taken. Not for the first time since he captured Garrett, Jasper wondered what sort of a mess he had gotten himself into. Shaking his head, Jasper followed Garrett and jogged after Zoey and Tama. It didn't take too long for the two to reach the strangers' sides and soon they were walking right beside them with Garrett humming happily as Jasper rubbed his forehead in irritation.

"Don't tell me the tall grass is in on it too."

Well, she was caught. Reflexively, Gaes cringed and tried to hide further within the shadow of the potted plant, a look of guilt already starting to creep across her facial features. For a moment, the mawhile hoped that Lambert was just joking and hadn't actually seen her. But Rhapsody's "Little Yellow" comment dashed away that hope a few heartbeats later. Popping her head out from behind the plant, Gaes gave a pleasant smile. "Now, if I was with him, do you think he'd be wondering if the 'tall grass' was in on this game as well?"

She had the urge to lie and pretend like she wasn't part of the same situation, that she was just a normal Pokémon. However, what would be the point to that? Additionally, she didn't know if she would remain as a Mawile forever or if she'd turn back into a human at some point. Plus, she was starting to feel a little drowsy and taking the time to work out a solid lie was just too much effort right now.

Stepping out from behind the plant completely, she rested a tiny hand on her side. Gaes shifted her red gaze towards the little fox creature when he spoke up. "What's your name?" she asked him. Quickly, she glanced at Rhapsody's group, well aware that they might realize she had lied to them earlier in the next moment. "I'm Gaes. You said 'too' earlier. Does this mean you're human as well? Or are you just a normal Pokémon who knows someone else that can change between being a human and a Pokémon?"

Now that the Skitty was out of the bag a second time, Lambert could only hope that no one would believe Zorua if the fox told the whole town about the people who could turn into pokemon. Then again, if there really were so many of them... He had some wiggle room to say that yes, he was human and no, he was not the pokemon they were looking for.

On the other hand, the more people who had these special abilities, the more likely someone would have screwed up, like just now.

He thought the pokemon hiding in the scenery was just evesdropping, but turns out he was half right. He parted his lips as if to speak but froze, his expression incredulous, his eyes looking between the cackling blue haired man, Gaes, and Zorua. Lambert cleared his throat. "I'm just here to make sure Zorua doesn't destroy the place. I haven't associated myself with anyone in particular since I've gotten here, unless you mean the earlier three minutes when the Mawile introduced herself as a human. Should've known something was fishy about the lost family story."

Something else didn't add up. Quite a few of these people lacked what he thought was common knowledge, which didn't make sense if they were humans like he and Elizabeth. "There's one suspicion I'd like to clear, first. Were you originally human? All of you."

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Rhapsody snorted when Gaes presented herself. So she was the woman from earlier... "Heh. Fooled us all didn't ya. That was some pretty nice acting," he said, a bit impressed. Now that she was completely out from behind the plant he could confirm that yeah, he'd never seen that kind of Pokemon before. Looked interesting, with the secondary jaws. Maybe a Grass-type?

He shook his head at the other man's question. "Nah. Unless I lived in a cave or something, I'm pretty sure I was a Pokemon first. Name's Rhapsody, for the record. Houndour over there is Pooch; she doesn't transform." He looked at where the Dark-type was trying to help Z, and decided the Pory didn't look like they would speak anytime soon, so he answered for them. "Kid on the floor is Z. Also was a Pokemon, according to them."

Zorua sat up straight, answering with a huge smile. "My name is Zorua! I'm one of the Gym Leader's Pokemon! And yeah, I can't actually transform into a human like you guys can. But Sarah can! She's the white and blue Pokemon that was with me earlier, and she was a human when we met earlier today. That's how I know about this," he explained.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Run!"

"I'm already running you dork!"

"Stop pushing me!"

"Are we even getting far enough??"

"WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME I KNOW NOTHING!?!?"

The three Kabuto went through a bush, tripping over each other and falling on a pile with undignified noises. The one on the top waved his yellow claws around, incapable of standing up after falling on his back. He opened his eyes with a grunt, and saw two 'Humans' down the road.

Flashbacks of the loud bangs and the stampede that followed went through his mind and he screeched, making the other two below him jump, throwing him off their backs.

"I-I-I-I-It's-"

"STRANGER DANGER!!!!" yelled the second one, launching a Mud Shot at the approaching Humans.

Edited by Puredark006

Apparently, there were a lot more players involved in this game than they'd thought. So they hadn't accidentally revealed their true natures to normal humans... Did that negate the screw-up? They lifted their face off the floor and stared thoughtfully up at the white-haired man. Well, that mattered less now that they had other options. Rhapsody had answered the man's question for them too, so maybe that meant he wasn't angry? They made a small sound of frustration; their travelling companion was hard to read. "M'fine," they muttered at Pooch, and tried to push themself off the ground, managing to settle into a kneeling position after a few seconds. Either way, more players meant more information, and that wasn't an opportunity they were about to ignore.

"We... we met another player earlier," they added quietly. "Fia - an Arcanine - out, outside the town, a bit into the forest. Originally human, as far as she knows. Ah - she'd just woken up, she said? While I've been here for... a couple of hours. And six days, for - for R-Rhapsody, I think h- you said?" They turned halfway toward Rhapsody before wrenching their gaze back down at the floor. "Different locations, too. I was wondering if maybe there's a pattern."

At first, Zoey wasn't too concerned that Jasper and Garrett weren't following them. She frowned as Tama started happily humming a tune. "Is there any reason why you need to sing?" Zoey asked, sighing. "Because it's fun!" Tama said, waggining his tail as he walked. "You really need to lighten up, it's really bad for your complextion." "Oh? And who told you that?" Zoey asked. "My mum!" Tama said. "Althought, it's almost shame that I got seperated from her. Although, if I didn't, then I wouldn't have met you! How lucky is that?"

"Yeah, sure," Zoey said bitterly. Luck he calls it Zoey thought. I call it annoying. It was then she heard the sound of Garrett's hooves prance up behind them. Oh? So they did decide to follow us. Her eyes glinted as Jasper jogged up next to her. "Yay! Garrett and her trainer followed us!" Tama exclaimed happily as Zoey facepalmed. "Tama, would you be quiet?" Zoey hissed at him. Tama looked up at her, before he tilted his head as he heard someone yell, 'Stranger Danger.' Stranger Danger? Tama blinked as he noticed mud heading towards Zoey and Jasper. Tama's eyes got really huge before running towards the mud. "Tama what are you doing?" Zoey asked as she stopped. "No time to talk!" Tama squeaked as he tried to charge headlong into the Mud Shot.

---------------------------------

After a while of looking around this place, Chompers finally gave up his quest on reading the symbols and headed back out of the strange building with the red roof. Standing tall, he surveyed the rest of the area, trying to make sense of this world. He then noticed the yellow Pokémon with the wings again. Was that thing....following him? Growling, he decided to get to the bottom of it. "Why you follow me?" Chompers asked this strange Pokémon. "Because," the Pokémon replied. "I've never seen a human who can shapeshift into a Pokémon before." "You been watching me?" Chompers growled. "Not intentionally, but you did startle me when you roared a little while ago," the Pokémon replied. "That's part of the reason you noticed me." Chompers looked at this tiny little Pokémon who seemed to be happy to have a conversation. Normally, his form would scare other Pokémon away, but this little guy seemed happy to talk to him. Snorting, Chompers started walking away from this Pokémon. "Wait! Do you even know where you're going!?" the strange Pokémon asked. Chompers stopped and looked at the sky. Where was he going? Chompers stood there quiet, too embarrassed to admit that he had no clue what he was doing.

Jasper had to dig his heels into the dirt to stop himself from running over Tama as the pokemon suddenly halted in front of the shifters.

"Oi, why'd you stop?" Jasper questioned as he glared down at the Litleo. Tama either didn't seem interested on listening to Jasper or simply didn't hear him as he appeared to be looking at something else. "Gale, what's up with the Litleo?" Jasper asked as he turned around to look at the Deerling. Garrett, however, seemed to be preoccupied with something else. Her body had gone stiff and her ears were perked up, the tips of her ears twitching occasionally. Jasper frowned disapprovingly at Garrett's lack of a response. What, was she suddenly above answering him now? What made her think she could just stop listening to him? Just as Jasper was about to chastise Garrett and remind her of why she was with him, Zoey suddenly shouted aloud. Jasper jerked his head around to see Tama tell Zoey there was no time to explain before jumping head long into a Mud Shot.

A big goofy grin appeared upon Jasper's face and he let out an excited giggle.

"Oh man, are we going to fight?" Jasper asked no one in particular. His glanced over at where Tama had leaped to see three large brown pokemon that he vaguely recognized. He couldn't remember the name of the species off the top of his head but names weren't currently important to him. He balled his hands into a fist and took a step towards the pokemon, a giddy chuckle escaping him as he did so.

"Oh no, you're not going over there," Garrett said as she began backing away from the new pokemon.

"They attacked first!" Jasper protested, looking away from Garret as he spoke. The Deerling shook her head frantically and let out a distressed whimper as she anxiously pawed the ground. Ignoring Deerling's clear signs of anguish, Jasper began running towards the attacking pokemon with an Ice Punch forming on his left hand. Not only was Jasper too consumed by the urge to fight to shift into the form he was most comfortable with, but he also failed to notice the fact that the Ice Punch was by no means as strong as it should have been. Running up to the brown pokemon with his mind clouded by instinct, Jasper swung his fist that had been barely covered in a thin layer of frost his at attackers.

"I try," Gaes briefly replied to Rhapsody's comment about her acting, grinning. Frowning at Lambert's question, she paused to think and listen to the others' responses. "I think I was originally a Pokémon before this game thing. I don't have any memories beyond the last few hours and the rules," she stated. Glancing at Zorua, the Mawile gave him a friendly smile. "It's nice to meet you, Zorua. You're trainer is a gym leader? That must be so cool," she remarked. "Sarah... We might want to catch up with her again later, since she's just like us."

"Why did you do that!?" the Kabuto on the right squeaked, covering his eyes with two of his yellow claws.

"But-!" the second one started complaining, when one of the Humans started running towards them. She yelped and immediately pressed herself against the ground so the only visible part was the brown shell, shining momentarily as the move Harden was used.

The other two Kabuto stared in shock as the Human punched the shell, a thin layer of ice forming around the closed fist.

"Ifeltsomethingwhat'sgoingon!"

"They're gonna eat us I'm too young to die!!"

"If we can't run we'll force our way through then!!!"

With that yell, the Kabuto that was attacked stood up, quickly firing another Mud Shot at the attacker's chest. The other two Kabuto started yelling battle cries, the one on the right charging towards the Human that had attacked his friend and the one on the left running towards the brown lion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Kabuto returned to the assigned Pokeball with a small sound and the man sighed in relief, pocketing the rest of the dry food it didn't eat. "Two down, three to go," he told the Anorith on his head, who chirped cheerily in response. Now, to head back to Vertia and take the eastern route and he'd finally be done for the day.

He stood up from his kneeling position, not bothering to dust his clothes - they were so used a little bit of loose earth wouldn't make a difference. The gray shirt was still passable since he always wore it under the brown vest, but the only reason that and the gray pants didn't look worse was because the colors helped conceal the dirt. Which he was reminded of every time someone pointed out the pockets looked more brown than white at this point.

Well, maybe it was his fault for using his working clothes so much, but they were perfect for moving around at the digging site. It was enough to wash them right before official matches.

Anorith chirped again and he patted its head. Before heading back to Vertia, though, there was something else he wanted to investigate. That roar from before was unmistakably made by a Tyrantrum, and not one he had met before.

And if there was a trainer with a Fossil Pokemon nearby, he wanted to meet them.

[[Information on NPCs has been updated. Unlocked: part of ???'s character sheet]]

Edited by Puredark006

Somehow, Rhapsody already had a regular pokemon on hand, which again reminded Lambert that he needed to catch something. A pokemon who trains pokemon? What a novel idea. Then again, could their group really be classified as either human or pokemon? It almost felt like they were something else.

Lambert nodded, satisfied with the others' answers and introductions. "My name is Lambert. Originally human, that I know." Unlike the others, presumably, he felt incredibly out of place in pokemon form, enough that he would prefer to keep human form. Plus, he could read. "I've been in town for almost three days now. Woke near near the forest and followed the road out to Kusba.

"I met another player earlier today, little lady in blue. She would still be here if it weren't for a certain pokemon messing around and getting her teleported away." He gave Zorua a lengthly stare. While he could spend time worrying about it, there was nothing he could do about that now. The other man who got teleported, Rennaj, was a little rough along the edges and Lambert could only hope that he would take care of Elizabeth, at least until the delivery mistake was sorted out.

"There may very well be a pattern," Lambert addressed Z, " Haven't met any players until today, and now it's like they're falling from the sky. Makes me wonder if this is divine intervention, or if whoever is behind this meant for us to meet."

"Speaking of the gym leader," he addressed Zorua, his face creeping into a sly smile, "Is Hygre accepting any challengers today?"

~~~

Finally!

Sine thought she would never find her way out of the forest. Her initial plan was to pick a direction and alternate walking and flying but she quickly realized that she had to add eating and resting to that list. And, even if she picked as many berries as she could carry when she passed through that berry forest, Sine was acutely aware that, unlike certain pokemon, she couldn't survive on them forever. She spent three nights swaddled in her cape, her exhaustion winning over any discomfort from sleeping on the ground. Despite the inconvenience of the tassels catching on branches, the young lady was glad she didn't leave it behind.

And finally, the trees began to thin out and she could see a road and a town further on. Not only did she look tired and grouchy, she had leaves in her hair and her clothes were dusty, with her trusty cape having the worst of it. As if she had a rough time in the woods, which wasn't a false statement.

And in the middle of the road was a dumb old man simply standing there, eyes in the sky with a thousand-yard stare, with his pokemon behind him (a Dunsparse?).

Sine could have taken two steps to the right and gone around him. Instead, she stopped just short of bumping into him, then turned her head to follow his line of sight into the clouds, wondering what he was looking at.

Rhapsody shrugged. "It's like Z said. Been wandering around for nearly a week and this is the first time I see others that can transform too." He had chalked it up to a heck of a coincidence when he met Z and Fia, but now that Lambert, Gaes, and apparently more people were here too... Well, the chances of them all ending up in the same human settlement by sheer luck were slim to none.

In either case, it looked like he was the one who had been around the longest, which was truly everything that mattered.

"It is!" Zorua exclaimed at Gaes, puffing his chest. "Sarah went ahead because we were going to the bakery, I can lead you there later!"

He started pouted again when Lambert stared at him though, inflating his cheeks as much as he could. "It wasn't my fault, they've never teleported anyone before!" he whined. True, it had been hilarious (and he was secretly (maybe not so secretly) glad the mean man had been taken away), but he had started to like the girl in the blue dress too and he hadn't wanted to get her in trouble.

It should be an easy problem to fix anyway. The Abras should have teleported back to where they came from, and there were probably humans there who could handle the situation and teleport those two back. Though, now that he thought about it, that'd mean the mean man would return too. He made a face; he didn't want that guy to steal any of his things again.

Lambert turned to him again then and Zorua lowered his ears, expecting another scolding. But when he asked about challenges, he immediately jumped to his feet, tail up. "Of course! She's always up to a fight! How many badges do you have? Which difficulty are you gonna use? Are you challenging her team please tell me you're challenging her team I haven't seen mom fight someone seriously in weeks I wanna see-"

"Zorua! What was all that about the Abras, you rascal?"

Zorua immediately shut up, turning as Hygre crossed the Center's doors while scowling at him like she did whenever he got others involved in his pranks. Zorua started lowering his ears, but then he caught sight of the Pokemon walking behind his trainer and broke into a smile.

"Mom!" he yelled, running and jumping into the Zoroark's arms, nuzzling against her fluffy chest.

His mother playfully bit his ear, making him giggle. "You little troublemaker, you had me worried," she said, hugging the smaller fox.

Hygre huffed, crossing her arms. "Don't think for a second you're getting out of this. You're grounded as soon as we get back to the Gym." This finally made Zorua look guilty, as the young Pokemon lowered his ears and tail in an attempt to look pitiful.

The Leader was too accustomed to his antics to fall for that trick though, as she ignored him to address the three humans with a resigned expression. "Please tell me he didn't cause you any trouble. If he broke anything I promise I'll replace- is that a Glalie jacket," she interrupted herself, openly staring at said garment. "That's neat! I dig your style."

Zoroark snickered at that, looking proud of herself as she smirked at Lambert.

The sky was bluer than she'd ever seen before. It was the kind of sky you stare at from a peaceful grassy field, watching the clouds roll past on a warm breeze. The perfect kind to laugh and race under, just enjoying freedom. It was such a familiar scene. Somethin she felt like she'd done so many times before.

Rae blinked, the scene above her going dark for a moment before reappearing in a flash of beauty that took her breath again. She sat up, and thick, wavy mounds of red and orange fell forward, obscuring her vision. With a shake of her head, the locks streamed to either side of her face, and Rae was able to get a good look around her. It seemed like she was in a small valley, a dipped bed hiding amongst green hills on all sides. There were wildflowers peppered throughout the clearing, and the warmth of the day left pleasant, sunny kisses on her exposed skin.

Looking down at herself, Rae took in the clothes she wore with an almost childlike curiosity. Wrapped around her bottom half were pure white jeans that hugged her long legs and made her blink from the brightness. On the ends of those legs were two feet clad in an impossibly soft leather-like material. She gave an experimental wiggle of her toes and snickered.

Next, she took in her top, which was a simple tank top, the same blinding white as her jeans. Rae lifted a hand to brush her obnoxious hair out of her face again, when she noticed something sparkle against her wrist. She stilled and looked at the light band wrapped around it. Dancing reds and oranges blinked at her in the sunlight, casting their sparkles across her arms, looking every bit like fire. The same bracelet donned her other wrist, too.

On a hunch, Rae lifted up her pants slightly, and sure enough, the dazzling jewelry was there, dressing her ankles as well. A huff escaped her, and Rae pushed herself unsteadily onto her feet, tired of being stationary. She wobbled for a moment before collapsing completely onto her hands and knees, like a newborn deerling. Embarrassment caused crimson to pool in her cheeks, even though nobody was around to see the pathetic display, and Rae sighed in frustration, getting up to try again. This time, she managed to stay up, even though her movement was a little sloppy, and she smiled victoriously. The girl ran a hand through her hair, feeling something bumpy on her forehead. Brows furrowed, she ran her fingers over the bump again, surprised when it felt cold and hard.

Even more intrigued now, Rae fit a fingernail underneath it and tugged, crying out in shock when the mystery item stayed in place, but sent a hot rod of pain through her head. Okay. Don't pull on the forehead bump. She got that message loud and clear.

Ignoring it for now, Rae concentrated on getting out of this field. Even though it was very beautiful, she wasn't supposed to be here. She needed to get out, and go to town.

Wait. Town? How did she know she needed to go there?

And why was she lying in a sunny field in the first place? Confusion sludged through her mind in a purple muk before she remembered. The rules.

1.- You will lose all memories, except of these rules.

2.- You will be granted special abilities to aid your quest.

3.- You win by remembering who you are and what you asked for.

4.- You will only start to remember when Team Helix’s research is destroyed.

Her mind cleared and Rae nodded. She shouldn't just be sitting here. She had a job to do. Forcing her feet to move underneath her, Rae trudged out of the dipped valley, taking one last look at the beautiful scene before turning her back and leaving completely. Once she was out, she paved a path through the forest, listening to the sounds of the wildlife and trying to get comfortable with her body. For some reason, it seemed very foreign to her. She walked for a while before coming across what looked like a road. Now there were only two choices. Left or right?

Rae decided to go left, and after about ten minutes of steady strolling, she got irritated. With a grunt, she quickened the pace, and found this more to her liking. Though still unsteady at best, she was making better progress. She yearned for the adeptness to run, but resolved to not push her luck. Yet again, after ten more minutes at this pace, frustration took her over again. She stopped and stamped her foot, cheeks warming for the second time.

"What is going on? Where am I?!" Rae called out to the sky, the strangeness of her own voice surprising her. Something darted out into her path and the already startled girl reared back. There was a flash of light and suddenly there was more stability to her, and Rae found herself falling back onto four legs rather than her butt. Fear and calm settled into her stomach, which was a very strange cocktail seeing as how the two emotions were polar opposites, and Rae looked down at herself.

Hooves? She looked over her shoulder, and let loose a shrill noise, seeing as how she was covered in fire. Rae sprang up and tried to run, to escape the fire that would inevitably consume her, but her legs were unstable even in this form, and she tripped, tumbling to the ground in a mess of whinnies, legs, and hooves. From her ungraceful position on the road, Rae tried to make sense of what was going on.

So I'm... a Rapidash...?

But I'm also human...?

And I'm okay with that...? Rae questioned herself mentally, confused by the sense of calm she felt from being in this form, but also by the fact that she was able to be in it at all.

Are these the "special abilities" the rules meant? She shook her head and tried to organize herself, pulling her legs under her so she could sit neatly.

I am so confused. Somebody help me.

Edited by BloodyKisses123

Zoey smirked as Tama blocked the Mud Shot. She looked to see three brown shelled creatures fumbling over. She raised an interesting eyebrow. She had no idea what these creatures were, but if these Pokémon were rare, maybe she could hang onto one of them. If she only had a Pokeball. Just her luck. She didn't think Jasper would be smart enough to carry a Pokeball. Although, how he captured Garrett was beyond her.

She then watched as Jasper formed and executed a small little Ice Punch. She wanted to roar with laughter. What a moron! She noticed Garrett had flatten her ears and whined in protest. "Alright Tama," Zoey said. "Let's show them how it's done." "Ha ha!" Tama said giddily in excitement. "Use yawn!" Zoey commanded. Tama nodded before letting out his Yawn at the brown shelled Pokémon. "Now use Tackle!" Tama then lunged forward using Tackle.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I could come with you if you want," the Pokémon said. Chompers stood there staring at the sky. He could use this Pokémon's help, but would this Pokémon understand the strange symbols in this strange place. "Uhh...." he heard the strange Pokémon say. Chompers moved his eyes down to see a woman standing just inches away from him, also staring up in the sky. He moved his eyes back up towards the sky to see what she was staring at. He then looked down to study this girl.

"What you looking at?" Chompers asked, hoping his voice didn't sound too rough. He looked back at the Pokémon, who seemed a bit surprised to see this girl was unafraid of him. "Uh..." "Pretend you don't understand me," the Pokémon said. "Unless she's a human who can turn into a Pokémon. If she is, I might pass out." Chompers blinked. Why would he pretend he couldn't understand the little yellow snake creature? He turned back to the woman to study her a bit more closely.

Blinking in surprise, Jasper had only a moment to stare at the pathetic scratch his Ice Punch had left the odd pokemon's shell before getting hit by a Mud Shot to the chest. Jasper yelped aloud as he was flung backwards into the air several feet back before landing on the ground face first in a most ungraceful manner.

From a safe distance, Garrett let out a small gasp of horror as she saw Jasper lift his head up from the ground, spitting out a chunk of dirt as he did so. "Oh no, please we're not here to fight!" Garrett called to he brown pokemon in a pleading tone. "Please, stop attacking and we can talk this through!" Unfortunately for her, Zoey and Tama didn't have the same idea and began an attack of their own. Garrett let out a frustrated noise as she backed up and stamped her hooves in aggravation.

"For goodness sake, stop fighting!" she hissed between clenched teeth. How on earth she got trapped in a battle she never even wanted to be apart of was beyond her. The last thing Garrett wanted was to spend another minute trying to halt a battle she knew she couldn't stop.

Jasper on the the hand, was loving every minute of the fight. Even though he had been knocked over and was choking on dirt, he was grinning as big as he could.

"Here I thought you three would be pushovers," Jasper chuckled, pushing himself off the ground as he spoke. "Looks like I might just enjoy myself after all!" Jasper spat out a wad of grass as he stood himself up. As useful as his human form was, it just wasn't as comfortable as being an Azumarill. That along with the fact that the Ice Punch he just performed was utterly pathetic was more than enough reason for Jasper to try something different. Locking eyes with the brown pokemon that was charging towards him, Jasper suddenly transformed. A white light enveloped his body and he shrank down into a small round shape. The white vanished, leaving a nonthreatening looking Azumarill in its wake. Not hesitating for a second, Jasper braced himself as water gushed out of seemingly nowhere and surrounded his body. Jasper pushed himself off the ground and barreled towards his attacker through the air at a rapid pace.

"I don't know, what are you staring at," Sine accused, her words snappy. She just felt really annoyed at that particular moment, but the feeling faded quickly as she stifled a yawn. Despite the outburst, she didn't even have the energy left to feel surprised at the pokemon. The fact that there existed other people like her was underwhelming and irrelevant news at the moment; perhaps she could deal with this later. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she addressed the Dunsparce. "Right, it'd be a good time for you to pass out right... now..."

Surrendering to her exhaustion, Sine fell forward and let her body drop to the ground, her legs no longer able to support her weight. It felt nice to just lay there and she quickly fell asleep, hoping the man would bring her to the town or something.

The first Kabuto yawned with the lion; what was that? An attack? He was starting to feel kind of drowsy... He wobbled a bit, stopping his run to not fall. He needed a counterattack, fast - and there was one move that always helped when getting in play fights. "Take that!" he yelled, golden orbs sprouting from the lion's body and being absorbed by Kabuto.

However, instead of the usual boost in energy the move Absorb gave him, he didn't feel any different at all.

What... why did it... failed... He didn't have time for more coherent thought, as he was tackled and fell back, landing on his shell belly-up, already snoring lightly by the time he hit the ground.

The Kabuto who was attacked hesitated a bit at the words of the Pokemon with the flower on the head, but when the Human stood up, the expression on his face was enough to convince her that the strangers were definitely a Big Threat. Her friend stopped her charge too as the Human evolved into a blue round bunny, immediately initiating a charge of his own. Kabuto yelped as he tried to use a move, but the new Pokemon was too fast; he was hit and thrown back, bouncing off the ground and landing on his side. "Ow..." he whimpered, the move Harden just now setting in. Wasn't that water? It shouldn't have hurt this much!

"I-I'll help!" the second Kabuto yelled, eyes shining white as she used Leer.

"Over there! Over there!"

"Hm? Something the matter?" the man asked, looking up even though he could only see the tips of Anorith's claws from her position over his head. He felt more than saw the small Pokemon nodding, one of her claws moving to point something a bit to the side of the road.

A... horse on fire? He was pretty sure he had seen one of those before, but for the life of him he couldn't remember what they were called. What he did know was that those didn't live near Vertia, so it couldn't be a wild one.

Anorith started bouncing, her own way of urging him to move. Damn, he still had to find the rest of the missing Kabuto, but he could never say no to the baby. "Let's be quick, alright?"

"Right! Right!"

With a nod (a small one, so his Pokemon wouldn't lose her balance), he carefully started to approach the Fire-type, hands raised to chest level so it could see he wasn't carrying anything dangerous. "Hey there, flamy one!" he called to make his presence known, still keeping his distance in case it was hostile. "Got separated from your trainer?"

"You ok? Need directions?" Anorith added, claws raised to mimic her trainer's gesture.

Edited by Puredark006

Rae's attention fell to the newly approaching trainer and she raised her head, trying to appear at least slightly in control. She met his eyes, and then his Anorith's eyes, and then his again.

"I don't have a trainer. But I do need directions. Where is the nearest town?" She spoke to the other pokemon only, figuring that the man wouldn't be able to understand her, seeing as how she was a Rapidash at the moment and could not communicate with trainers. If only she could go back to being human...

"And maybe you can help me. You see, I was human just a few moments ago, and I'm very confused." Rae pushed herself up on her legs and wobbled for a moment before once again looking at the Anorith. Now that she was standing, she near towered over the man. It was disorienting.

The flames licking at her neck and backside were also unsettling, but she was slowly getting used to them. So long as she ignored them...

The Fire-type hadn't lowered her head, which could mean she wasn't hostile. Either that or he was projecting Rampardos behaviors on it. Well, they both used their heads as weapons (or at least he was assuming that, seeing as how it had a pretty sharp horn there), so it should be right.

His suspicion was confirmed when it started neighing instead of charging towards them. He waited until the neighing stopped before looking up at his partner’s claws again. "You got this?"

"Yup yup!" Anorith bobbed her body, to let her trainer know everything was under control. He got the message, slowly lowering his arms and crossing them in front of him so his hands were still visible. With a happy sound, Anorith looked up at the horse again, wing-like extremities flapping slightly.

"Nearest town is Vertia. Over there, over there," she chirped, pointing further down the road with a claw, towards the hill the town was located under. "You should go to Center. Building with red roof. They cure confusion!" she excitedly informed. That horse must have been in a really tricky battle if she thought she had been human. Humans didn't evolve; they were like Aerodactyls. And even if they Mega evolved, this Pokemon looked too different to be related to them.

Rae breathed out heavily, grateful for some semblance of reason. She nodded at the them, which probably looked more like a bow, and said her thanks.

"I appreciate the information. I will head there immediately." The Rapidash walked past, eager to find this "red roof" the Anorith was talking about.

"Should you need anything, you will know where to find me."

((Sorry, I've got WB))

"Bye bye! Take care!" Anorith called after the horse, waving her claws as the Fire-type walked away. "Done here, finished," she told her trainer, tail slapping his head slightly.

"You done?" he asked, raising a hand to pet her on the head.

"Yep yep!" She chirped contentedly, nuzzling his hand for more pets as she nodded - she had learned that as good as her trainer was at guessing what she wanted, moving her body was important to make him understand as quickly as possible.

"Great work! Now, we're a little behind schedule, so let's cut through the forest," he said, adjusting his backpack and resuming his walking. "Even if they stumble upon a road, their instinct is to search for water, so they should keep themselves hidden unless something came up."

He stepped off the road, attentive to any shade of brown and yellow he might spot. He still wanted to see if he had been right about that roar from before, so staying near the road should do the trick; he wouldn't miss Devon, Neo or Lud if they were around, and he'd still be near enough to hear passing trainers.

"Back to work," he told Anorith, who chirped again in response.

Edited by Puredark006

Zorua was a cute little thing, Gaes certainly gave him that. His energy almost seemed endless, only dampened for brief moments when someone wasn't exactly happy with him. The Mawile took note of how the tiny fox responded to Lambert's gaze. "Hey, I thought the Abra prank was pretty funny," she remarked, grinning and winking at Zorua. Someone was likely to scold her for "encouraging" him, but she didn't care at the moment. The kid probably thought no one was on his side, what with Lambert and the nurse yelling at him about it.

Glancing at Z to see if they were doing any better, her attention was directed back to the white-haired man and black fox at the mention of Hygre and battles. Was he thinking of challenging the gym here? Upon initial inspection, it didn't look like Lambert had any Pokémon to battle with. Were they stuffed into his pockets? Did he even know how to battle? With a memory spanning only two days, was he sure he could take on a gym leader?

"Zorua! What was all that about the Abras, you rascal?" Speak of the Devil...

The punk-fashioned woman had to be Hygre, based on how she spoke to Zorua and his reaction. The much larger "Zorua" only added to the confirmation of the woman's identity and relationship with the small Pokémon. While the focus was on Hygre, Gaes moved towards the packages, climbing atop one in order to grab the edge of the counter. With a small grunt, she pulled herself up and proceeded to take a seat on the counter. "If it means anything, no one was hurt," she idly commented.

Zoey smirked as the brown shelled Pokemon fell asleep. One down two to... go? She watches as Jasper turn into a blue Pokémon whose name escaped her. He then rammed into the brown shelled Pokémon. The third one didn't want to fight like Garrett, she wanted a peaceful resolution. Zoey didn't care one way or the other if they wanted to fight. Then she noticed the third one's eyes started glowing white. Was this Pokémon going to fight too? What a nuisance. "Tama!" Zoey said. "Huh?" Tama asked a bit out of breath. Zoey looked over at Tama and noticed he was a bit browner then usual. That mud must have taken a toll on him then she though it had. "Use Leer yourself!" Zoey commanded. "Okay," Tama panted as his eyes started glowing white at the third brown shelled Pokémon. She needed to concentrate on quilling this one before she could actually get the brown shelled Pokémon she wanted.

----------------------------

Chompers cocked his head as the woman snapped at him before yawning. "Uh..." Chompers said before the human addressed the Pokémon behind him. The woman then passed out. "What just....happened?" the little Pokémon asked as it slithered to Chompers. "I have no idea," Chompers replied. "We can't leave her here." "What are you doing?" the snake-like Pokémon asked as Chompers easily picked up the woman. "Bringing her to the red roof," Chompers said as he turned and started walking back to town. The little Pokémon watched Chompers as he started walking away. "I must be crazy," he said flapping his wings slightly. "Totally crazy." He then sighed and started following the Tyrantrum human.

-----------------------

Anhew felt around. There were leaves and dirt. Okay Anhew thought. I may be blind but at least I can feel. She then thought about this game she was supposed to play. What did she need to do? And how? She started scratching at her neck when she felt something soft a fuzzy. What was that? A scarf? She then started crawling around all fours, thinking nothing of it. She paused as she felt one of her hands hit something. A rock. She bit it and felt energy around her. She turned her head when something happen. She could feel her body morph.

Morph into what? She let out a panicked squeak as she started backing up. She paused as she realized she was about to step on a very sharp hidden rock. How did she know that was there? She was puzzled but she started walking forward again. This form was much more comfortable walking around on all fours. Where was she? "H-Hello?" she called out. "I-Is anyone here?"

Zorua was really excited about the Gym and so was Lambert, deep inside. Even without his memories, he had strong emotions towards the concept. He only now had the chance to really think about it, especially since it might be possible to smuggle a team if they stayed as pokemon... And unlike Elizabeth, these weren't pokemon who would fall flat on their faces the first step out. Although, he had to make them agree to it first... He was better off abandoning the dream for now.

It was at that moment that Hygre arrived, pokemon by her side. It was large and fox-like, black and red like Zorua. Hopefully she wouldn't use that in the challenge, although Lambert doubted it. He had no badges, so if anything he would be faced by one or two Zorua or Poochyena.

As glad as he was to have Zorua out of the way, Lambert was confused for a moment about the comment on his jacket. "Didn't you already--?" He paused for a moment, the hints from the last conversation with the Gym Leader coming together. Zorua's mom, Zoroark, her ability to appear human and the smug look on her face... Rather, it wasn't Hygre at all last time. He'd been fooled. The man shook his head. "It's not something that can be replaced by money, but I assure you it's not that much trouble."

"And uh, yes, it's a nice jacket... I'm Lambert," he introduced himself once more, "pleasure to meet you." Again, he added to himself. A pause. "Say, me and Mawile," turning his head to look at the pokemon who was now sitting on the counter, "are considering issuing a gym challenge. I don't have any badges though, so you'll have to go easy in the fight," he added, trying to control his eager smile.

~~~

Sine slipped in and out of consciousness. She felt like she was being moved, and when she did pull herself together to open her eyes just a slit, she saw the older man's short beard. It took a moment for her to understand the rocking motion and that he was carrying her, and she still didn't really know where she was or where they were going, and all she wanted to do was slip back into sleep. Her body and mind were too tense to let herself go, though, as she was seized with a bout of panic until she started recalling the recent pieces of her three-day-old memory.

She saw some red. A building with a red roof, and the clatter of the hooves of a horse with a red mane. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to think through her headache.

"Thank you," she muttered to the man as she began to stir, wanting to walk the rest of the way herself but unsure if she could.

Chompers had no problem carrying the woman as he walked towards the red building. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the yellow Pokemon following him. He then heard the clatter of hooves also as a horse Pokemon with a fire mane was on the same trail with them, although it was coming up towards them. Chompers looked down when he heard the woman thanked him. He blinked slightly. "Your welcome," he said soflty, hoping the woman would actually fall asleep. "What is that Pokemon?" He turned slightly to ask the other one.

"If I remember correctly, it's a Rapidash," the Pokemon replied. "But why is this one away from a herd? They normally stay within their herd." Chompers looked down to see the Pokemon a bit puzzled at the sudden appearance of a Rapidash. "Unless it's got a trainer." Chompers nodded slightly before entering the red building. "Excuse me, but we need help," Chompers said to anyone who would hear.

(edit cause I was tired last night and I didn't notice my typos ^.^')

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Rae walked along the road with cautious steps, aware that each new hoofprint made in the dirt was crooked and unsteady, like how she was with her new legs. She lifted her head from them for a moment and caught sight of two humans a Pokemon walking ahead of her. It looked like one of them, a girl, was unconscious in the older man's arms, and Rae immediately stiffened.

"You need help? What are you doing with that girl? Is she alright?" Her tone was sharp and accusatory, and her pace slowed to a stop. She stamped a hoof aggressively, ready to charge if she needed to potentially save the girl.