PureDark006

Choice, a Pokemon Shifters RP

The Absol did not reply. But a tiny black fox jumped out from behind it, fur ruffled yet posture uncertain, and unabashedly called him a creep. The corners of Lambert's mouth deepened into a more pronounced frown. It made him appear angrier than he normally looked, but inside all he felt was a sinking, spiralling void colder than the ice room Elizabeth made. It was one thing to hear the accusation second-hand, and another to have it spat in his face.

Was he really that… creepy? Did he make small pokemon cry just by looking at them?

Though, he was now fairly certain that the black fox with red markings -- who matched Hygre's description pretty closely, was the Zorua they were talking about, earlier. In that case, the Absol, a dark type, must've belonged to Hygre as well. The type specialty aligned, at least. Lambert relaxed his shoulders. The Disaster pokemon wasn't in town to foretell the end of the world, which was good.

Brushing off Zorua's comment as if he didn't understand it, he addressed the pokemon directly, loud and clear. "Oi Zorua, Hygre's looking for you."

He felt like he was being stared at, and there Rennaj was, standing tense and unblinking. Lambert guessed that he didn't get the hint he dropped earlier, which wasn't surprising. He would just have to remember to spell things out more clearly next time. Unfortunately, with the people and pokemon in the room, being a hundred percent literal was not an option. "Me and you, we both know that the research has to be destroyed," he whispered as an aside, taking precaution that Zorua might overhear and tattle to his mom.

Sarah looked at the Zorua, who jumped out to defend her. She glared at the questioning man, with a stare that said 'exactly, get lost.' She then heard the girl, who was petting her earlier, respond to the small fox's insult.

"You sure?" Sarah had to ask, letting out a quiet growl, saying the name 'absol'. She then looked back at the man curiously. She noticed the earlier thief, and growled a little, as she got an idea."I don't know what Hygre wants from her now, but I know that that thief almost ruined her surprise..." she snarled, pointing at the lucario-man with her claws.

--------

Kage yawned, as the situation looked kind of boring. He thought of leaving, but as he saw a lot of people at the front door, he sighed. Let me guess; a cool pokemon or something? he thought sarcastically, as he got up from the comfortable couch and started walking towards the door.

He stopped a bit further away from it, as he saw an absol, a man, another guy and... that panic-shifter. They appeared to be in a conversation, as the absol started pointing at one of the guys. "What're you doing?" he asked from the group as he stood behind it, putting his hands in his pockets.

-----

Fia looked at the houndour after the weird arguing between her and her owner. "Thanks for the compliments, and sure i'll come with you! I don't want to be here alone, afterall," she said, and looked back at the guy called Z. He had shifted into a... Porygon Z, apparently. At least that's what she heard from the black dog. "So, how big is this town?" she asked from basically anyone around her. At least I found nice people, maybe I can get through with this weird game pretty quickly... She then raised an eyebrow. "By the way, Rhapsody, if you're a shifter too, what pokemon are you?" she asked with a curious look on her face.

The man with the jacket looked angrier for a second, and Zorua's tail drooped lower, though he maintained his glare. Then he spoke, making Zorua's ears perk. "She is?" he asked, before remembering the wallet issue and lowering his ears even more than before. Oh no, he didn't want to be grounded again. Maybe if he quickly went through a mental list of everyone else who shouldn't be with her and blamed one of them...

The girl with the blue dress talked then, her last question making him forget all about his cunning plan. Talk? He wasn't talking any different than normal. Which meant...

"You can understand me too?" he exclaimed, instantly perking up and forgetting about his previous woes. "That's so cool! Are you related to Sarah? Which Pokemon do you transform into? Can I see? Pretty please!" He was bending in a playful position again, tail wagging. Until he noticed Sarah pointing at the mean Pokemon-man, his smile fading as he saw the human was in sight again.

He quickly scrambled to Sarah's other side, so between her and the girl in the blue dress they'd cover him from the man's sight, and spoke to support Sarah's words. "Yeah! He tore my ribbon and paper! Him and those Helix creeps are trouble, you should get away!" he told the other girl, fur bristling slightly at the memory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both Z and Fia looked ready to go, so Rhapsody nodded and started walking, expecting them to follow. Neither Pooch nor Fia had said anything was unnatural about his hands' position, so he kept them in his pockets. It was a good way to forget about them and not have to think of how to move them.

"Never been to a human settlement before, so can't say," he commented in response to the girl's question. "Looked pretty big to me." At least that was the impression he had gotten. How many humans lived there anyway? Way more than necessary, he answered himself.

Fia spoke up again, eyes showing her curiosity. He idly wondered who was younger, her or Z, before pushing the thought aside and grinning at the question. "Hydreigon. And if I could stay like that all the time, I would. Three pairs of eyes and being able to fly? Doesn't get more convenient than that."

Pooch trotted past them, walking at the front of the group to be able to keep an eye on her trainer, her tail held high. "Say, is any of you two familiar with towns? Which would be a good place to ask about Helix?" she asked, glancing back at the group.

((Feel free to time-skip to when they're back in town))

Lambert paused for a second, looking back and Rennaj, then to the Absol who was glaring at him and accusing him of some terrible deed. "Hygre looks nothing like him," the older man stated flatly, pointing a thumb at the other shifter. Forget pretending to not understand pokemon -- he'd rather clear up the confusion right away.

So, the Absol wasn't under Hygre's ownership. But who, then? Or was it here to bring divine retribution to Ren for 'ruining a surprise'? (Whatever that meant.) But both the Absol and the Zorua's statements contradicted each other. Did he have the wrong black fox pokemon…? The Zorua did mention Helix (did it call everyone 'creeps'?), which could mean that the solution to their memory puzzle might be closer than he anticipated.

Dwelling in his thoughts and how none of this situation made sense, Lambert nearly jumped when Kage snuck up behind him. "I have no idea what's happening!" he admitted, exasperated. "The Absol seems to want something."

Edited by TehUltimateMage

As the man next to the thief said stuff about Hygre's looks, Sarah snarled a little. She glared at the two men, but sat down and sighed. I guess I have to do this the dumb way...

She raised her front paws into the air, and made a square shape in the air, resembling a box. She then pointed at the 'bad' person, and showed in the air how he took the box from Zorua, ripped it apart and throwed on the ground.

After her little show she turned her gaze towards the man, who already had said something to a man behind him. Is it just me, or does that man behind those guys resemble a Zoroark or a Zorua in some ways?

- - -

Kage looked at the people with a slight grin on his face. He looked at the mentioned Absol, and slightly tilted his head in curiosity. "Yeah, it does... did you steal that thing's berries or something?" he said jokingly as he was looking at the man, that was pointed by the white pokemon. Actually, if the man did steal something from that pokemon, why wasn't it already trying to tear the guy's face apart? Are Absols usually calm or something?

He was never really interested about those bladed pokemons, but apparently they brought bad luck with them. Though it seemed that this one was here just to... be here.

- - -

-=Magical timeskip=-

Fia looked at the town, that opened in front if our little group. Many basic size buildings, and a few bigger ones. She turned her head to the group. "I guess we should pretend not to understand Pooch, right?" she asked, kinda already knowing what the answer would be. "Also I think we could go to the Pokecenter, I think there would be a lot of information," she then continued after turning her face towards the town again. She didn't remember her life, but she remembered all the regions, places, and how things worked. How was that even possible, she didn't know.

Zorua tilted his head a bit at The Creep's words, one ear drooping while the other remained perked up. Of course the mean man wasn't Hygre; Hygre wouldn't go anywhere without her red bandana, and the man didn't have a red bandana, so he couldn't be her. Simple logic. His gaze wandered then to a guy he hadn’t seen before who was approaching The Creep, and Zorua had to blink at how similar his clothes were to the ones Hygre liked. He even had hair like a Zoroark, which he immensely approved of. Who wouldn't want to be like his parents? No one, that's who. That's how cool they were. Especially his mother; she was one of the six Pokemon Hygre always carried around, and that was the most badass thing ever. Zorua couldn’t wait to grow up strong to take her place.

He looked at Sarah, smiling at her pantomime. Woah, she must have spent a lot of time with humans. Zorua usually got bored, frustrated, or both, and run to his parents so they could translate for him. But wait, wasn’t there a translator right here? The girl with the blue dress had said she understood them, she could tell the others what they were saying! Proud he had thought of that, he opened his mouth to suggest it, when suddenly there was a small popping sound and a pair of Abra appeared inside the Pokemon Center sitting on top of some boxes.

It was so sudden Zorua's fur bristled and he ran behind Sarah, yipping at the newcomers with little jumps like he did every time the vacuum-cleaner was on.

"Ah, the packages are here!" Zorua heard the nurse saying, and he went quiet as he saw her approaching the two yellow Pokemon. The doors opened when she passed in front of them, chance that the Dark-type took to run inside the building without the nurse noticing. "Lambert, could you help me move them to the mart's counter?"

Zorua grinned as both the Abras raised their right hand in farewell. He really loved when the delivery Abras didn’t notice him sneaking behind them. Nose and whiskers quivering, Zorua waited a second until they were lowering their raised hands and jumped, each front paw landing on the tip of an Abra's tail.

The reaction was immediate. The two Psychic-types yelped, both of them jumping in random directions; the right one hit the mean Pokemon-man straight on the chest, while the left one ended up doing a long jump no doubt aided by psychic power out the door and on top of the head of the girl with the blue dress. Both startled Pokemon then Teleported, taking the two humans with them.

Zorua stopped the laughing that had started when the Abras jumped, ears drooping as the humans vanished to wherever the Psychic-types worked. "Oops?" he offered with a little grin, not looking apologetic in the least.

"Zorua!" He drooped more his ears at the nurse's tone. Sure, he liked to scare the delivery Abras, but this was the first time they had teleported someone away so it wasn't fully his fault! The nurse seemed to think otherwise though, as she shook her head and headed out of the building. "I'm going to get Hygre. Lambert, please make sure this troublemaker doesn't leave."

"But!" Zorua tried to complain, but the nurse was already gone. He didn’t have a choice but to sit down, pouting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pooch nodded at Fia's words, trotting next to her trainer. "I'll try not to speak too much to make it easier," she said, eyeing the taller man like he was the most likely to forget such an important thing.

Rhapsody returned the look, then shrugged. The Pokecenter... wasn't it the building where they healed trainers' Pokemon? Thinking about it, there had been a lot of things with markings that looked like Torchic scratches there; he remembered the Houndour mentioning humans could actually understand them, so maybe the girl could discover things he wouldn't have been able to. Heh, having a human in their group was already proving to be convenient.

The building with the red roof came into view, and with it, Rhapsody saw the woman that had taken Pooch's Pokeball heading out and in the direction opposite of them. "That normal?" he asked the other two, raising an eyebrow.

Z followed behind Rhapsody automatically, and by the time they'd recovered enough to look around again, the four of them were standing at the edge of the town, Fia in her human form. They blinked at her jacket, wondering if there was some kind of correlation between clothing and Pokemon form. Then again, Rhapsody was just in a plain shirt and jacket. Another item for the list. As for the memory thing... they fought down another wave of nausea. Maybe they'd have to start another list, for things not to think about.

"I don't think Pokemon Center nurses usually leave their posts?" They responded to Rhapsody's question, wondering about the oddity themself now that he'd brought it to their attention. "But - oh. While Pokemon Centers usually do have a lot of information, I... I think it's, er, standard procedure to ask the nurse about it. And she's. Well." They bobbed thoughtfully in the air. "We could... go anyway, wait for her to come back. If she does. And there should be clerks inside, most likely, ask them - and a map! If - if any of us knows the place, after we figure out where we are, that'll help, I think."

According to the Absol's mime, Rennaj did indeed commit the heinous crime of stealing and demolishing a package carried by Zorua. Somehow, Lambert felt that yes, it was something the dense and easy to anger young man would do. He just shook his head. It was none of his business, unless it came to a fight.

It was at that time that the scheduled shipment to the Pokemart arrived, flanked by a couple Abra, and he went over to take them even before the nurse asked him to. He was glad for any excuse to get out of the tense and awkward situation they all seemed to be in. The boxes were heavy, but not particularly so; still, the nurse would have had a little trouble carrying them herself. That's what he was here for. He placed them ever-so-gently behind the Mart counter, ready to be unpacked.

He heard the zap of the Abras Teleporting away and from the corner of his eye saw Rennaj vanish into thin air. The Nurse was quick to give Zorua some stern words and Lambert pursed his lips and touched his fingers to his forehead.

He wanted to seal the troublemaker in a carboard box. Hygre was right. Nothing but trouble. There was a roll of packing tape and some spare boxes lying around behind the counter, but any move he made risked having Zorua dart out the door. He sighed.

"Look, Zorua, mistakes were made," he told the pokemon. "Every move has a consequence and you have to take responsibility for your actions. It's part of growing up."

He was painfully aware that he was bad at talking to kids. But it was advice that felt true to his heart, despite lacking the memories associated with the feeling.

[OOC: ANNOUNCEMENT]

Hello, this is your co-GM speaking! It's been a while since anything has happened here for a wide variety of reasons, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're still alive.

Players with introduced characters:

MidnightStar89 has not posted or contacted us in any way for nearly a month; as such, she will now be considered inactive. We will move forward with the RP; our lovely GM is working on a post right now and after that goes up, we will proceed as normal. Please refrain from interacting with Sarah, Kage, or Fia, as you will not get a response.

Players with unintroduced/unfinished characters:

We said earlier that we would not be introducing new characters until this scene finished. However, this scene is taking way longer than anticipated, and in addition... there are a lot of you. As such, as soon as one more player gets a new character accepted, you will be able to start RPing in a separate area, and your characters will join up with the others later.

Thanks for being patient, and with a bit of luck we'll get this thing rolling again!

Vertia Town. It was usually a calm, though kinda noisy place; perks of being right next to the biggest digging site in the continent. They did their best to not use machines to not damage the items being excavated, but when machines can't be used Pokemon are, and the Machamps especially were too prone to engage in shouting matches. That's not even counting the Sandslashes and Drilburs, and that one time someone had the absolutely brilliant idea of releasing an Onix when there was a limit on the permitted size of the working Pokemon for a reason Rick why did you even do that.

But Rick and his awful plans to skip work weren't the problem right now. No, the problem was that the lack of ability to plan ahead seemed to run in the family. At least, that was the only plausible reason that explained why Rick's son (also named Rick because original names require a certain amount of thought the man seemed incapable of) would sneak into Lab 3 uninvited, ignoring every single "Authorized Personnel Only" sign, and entering the quarantined section. He can't stress enough there were no Pokemon there that you can't normally see around town Rick, because there weren't. The only difference was that the Pokemon in that particular section of Lab 3 had just been revived, and needed peace and quiet while they got accustomed to their new environment and could be interacted with safely.

And the boy goes and lights. A. Firecracker.

And then people wonder why he had declared on multiple occasions he did not want kids.

So, Vertia - calm, unsuspecting Vertia that hadn't done anything to deserve this except spawn the last family that could be trusted with delicate work - was now currently under the attack of 40 Kabutos who thought the firecracker's loud explosions signaled the start of an all-you-can-eat buffet with them as the main dish.

He repeats, he is never having kids of any kind that are the non-Pokemon kind.

"Rith?"

The small chirp came from his head, and he raised an arm to scratch the small Anorith currently perched there. "Yeah, I've been moping long enough. Back to work," he agreed, getting another happy chirp in response. He picked up the pencil again and marked on his map the last two places where Kabutos might be after he and his team spent the entire day rounding them up.

The northwest road that snaked around the mountain, and the east road that cut through the forest towards Kusba. The remaining Kabutos should be in those two places.

Zorua's ears drooped even more at The Creep's words (what had the nurse called him again? Lambert? Was that his name? He supposed so), and he inflated his cheeks, pouting. At least the pastry was safely back at the Gym, so even if Hygre arrived with his mom, they wouldn't find out about it.

Which reminded him, he still hadn't picked the wallet up.

He quickly weighted his options. He could make a run for it, by either waiting until someone approached the door or by jumping through the open window, using the sofa as a step. But the nurse had gone to get Hygre, and she'd be double mad if he wasn't there waiting. And then there wouldn't be desserts for a week. If he stayed, he'd have to go back to the bakery later, and hope no one told her about where the wallet was.

He made his choice when he remembered Froakie had dropped the Leader's cellphone in the toilet a day ago and she hadn't had the chance to replace it yet.

"Sarah, you go ahead!" he told her, gesturing wildly towards the direction they were heading to before they noticed the people at the Center. He didn't know how quickly Hygre would get there, but if she did and Sarah was still here, it could be bad; after all, if the white Pokemon she transformed into was a Dark type, Hygre would definitely be able to tell something was off.

Luckily, Sarah seemed to get something was up, and off she went. Zorua almost didn't notice the sound of the door opening again a few seconds later when the Zoroark man went after her, concentrated as he was in resuming his pouting and directing it at Lambert.

The plan had been for Fia to go after the nurse and see if she could ask her at least how long until she returned, and for Rhapsody and Z to see if there were any of those 'clerks' they could ask questions to while the girl returned. Seems we're defaulting to Plan B, Wait While Bored Out Of Our Minds, Rhapsody thought at seeing no one else behind the counters. There was a guy standing on the middle in front of a Zorua (finally a Pokemon he recognized, was about friggin time), but that was about it.

He glanced towards an elaborate drawing hanging on one of the walls, showing a big brown piece of dirt surrounded by blue and smaller pieces of dirt, with those Torchic scratches peppered on various places. How on earth did someone make sense of that was completely beyond him, and Pooch seemed to agree, as she was looking curiously at the other two strangers instead of at the drawing. "That what you were looking for?" he asked Z, raising an eyebrow at the Pory.

[[Information about Vertia Town unlocked]]

((Since star never answered the PM, I had to bunny her characters out of the way; hope it wasn't too OOC. They will now be considered inactive and won't appear again unless star comes back.

Notice for new players: Your characters will start at Vertia instead of Kusba. Pick any of the roads (northwest or east) to start))

Edited by Puredark006

Z glanced at the white-haired man behind the Mart counter, then the tiny fox Pokemon glaring at him intensely. Was he a clerk? Before they could suggest asking him anything, Rhapsody brought their attention to the map hanging on the opposite side of the room. "Oh! Yes! I'll - " they cut themself off, realizing they were still speaking Pokemon. Would it be wise to switch back, with people watching? "Er, I'll go check," they continued, making sure to face Pooch this time. Skirting around the strangers, they made their way to the map.

It depicted the entire region of Lamorak. A red dot cheerfully indicated that they were in Kusba, near the center of the continent. They floated closer and squinted at the small font, unsure why this seemed more complicated than it should be, and a little Gym icon right next to the one standing for the Pokemon Center stared back at them.

Kusba... of course! They'd been distracted by Gaes, and then... well, everything else, so they hadn't recognized the name. But now, with the map in front of them, they were sure they'd heard of it before (barring the obvious memory loss contradiction, which they were starting to learn to ignore). It was home to the region's Dark-type gym leader, after all. Just a little to the west was Vertia... they floated back, scanning the rest of the map, and found that they recognized and could even name a few facts about most of the larger cities. They let out a small simulated sigh, too relieved to be worried about the origin of this knowledge. Even if Fia didn't manage to find the nurse, this excursion wasn't going to be a failure after all.

They headed back to their travel companions. They swooped down in front of Pooch, tucked their fins in, and hovered to a stop just above the ground with their tail sticking upward like some kind of strange perching bird. "I can read the map," they reported, a faint note of excitement creeping into their voice despite themself. "We're - ah - you already knew we were in Kusba. Lamorak region, i-if that needed any confirmation. If you - decide where to go, from here... well... I'm not certain if I can, well, navigate, per se, but assuming the roads are straightforward enough, we'll - t-that is, I think I'd be able to get us there." They could feel themself speaking faster and faster and realized with some dread that they weren't quite sure how to slow down. "I, ah, know a bit about this region, I guess, apparently? S-so, if there's, a specific kind of facility you - t-there's also a gym in this town!" They blurted out the last part and blinked blankly, as if surprised they'd just interrupted themself. "If the nurse isn't here - it might be worth asking the gym leader. They tend to be knowledgeable... I think."

Zoey poked her head out of the bushes. She had been in a forest for a few days now and was not even close to finding answers. The question for her was what was she looking for? She shook her head trying to clear her thoughts. Turning into a Purrloin would be helpful, but she found out she couldn't stay like that forever. Pity, Zoey thought. That I can't stay as a Purrloin forever, it's actually quiet fun to be sneaky. Might as well let Tama out for a while I'm thinking about it. Zoey took out the only Pokeball she had and released a black and brown lion Pokémon that had what appears o be a fire mohawk on top of it's head. "It's about time you let me out of that ball!" Tama exclaimed as he nuzzled Zoey's leg. "It was getting stuffy in there." "I can't imagine," Zoey said, rolling her eyes at the affection of Tama. "I know this road!" Tama said, jumping out onto the path. "It leads to a town west of here."

That's the first useful thing he's ever done Zoey thought out of relief. "Good to know," Zoey said. "Why don't you lead the way?" "Yay!" Tama exclaimed running around out of joy. Zoey sighed and shook her head before following the over excited lion Pokémon.

-----------------------------------------------

Chompers stood in his Tyrantrum form, facing a cliff before roaring. He didn't know he felt like doing this. He did this once a day for some odd reason. Going back to his human form, Chompers left the cliff before something caught his eye. He turned to look to see something digging in the dirt. Looking at the Pokémon, it had a yellow slender body with a drill like tail. On it's body had a set of wings. The Tyrantrum human ignored it and walked off. He needed to do something. He needed action. Growling out of frustration, Chompers kicked a pebble. Where to go? Where to go? he thought. I need to bite....I need a good fight to calm my senses. He went back to the cliff and finally realized there was a path leading downwards to a town. Maybe that was the way out of the mountains?

(OOC: Forgive me, it's been a while since I actually done an RP that I actually need to keep up with and if my post fell a little flat. I have no internet at home so I'll do my best to keep up. And I thought I made it clear when I posted earlier that Zoey was on the Eastern Route and Chompers Northwest of it)

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

"Do you even know where you're going?'

"Yeah, I do."

"We passed that sign three times already."

"I'm taking the long route."

"We're lost aren't we?"

"We're not lost, we're on an adventure!"

For the past several hours, Jasper and his unfortunate companion had been traveling along down a road in hopes of finding some form of civilization along the way. As it so happened, the road connected to other roads that connected to even mores roads that somehow winded back to the original pathway. As such, the two had been going in a giant circle, much to Garrett's dismay. When she had joined the strange man, she thought she was doing something wonderful. Her father had always taught her that helping others and treating them with kindness was absolutely necessary. She believed it was her duty to leave the world having done something good for others, whether that good had been small or big. Now, after spending some time with the shifter, Garrett regretted her decision greatly.

"Just admit it," Garrett huffed with annoyance. "We're lost."

"We are not lost," Jasper countered, spinning around to face the Deerling before pointing at her accusingly. "We are on an adventure! Where's your sense of exploration gone off to?"

"I never had a sense of exploration," Garrett snapped as she lifted her chin. "I follow my father's wishes and do what I'm told unlike you who just barrels into trouble whenever possible." The air of dignity Garrett had about her was quite amusing to Jasper. She was so small and fragile and yet her attitude suggested otherwise. Had he not thrown her across a river just a day ago, Jasper might have been somewhat intimidated by her. Oh who was he kidding? She was all bark and no bite; there was nothing she could do to make him quiver in fear.

"Keep telling yourself that, George," Jasper chuckled as he gave turned away from Garrett, all the while giving a nonchalant shrug. Garrett flattened her ears against her skull and let out an aggravated snort. As Jasper began walking again, Garrett quickened her pace. She trotted alongside the short man, puffing her cheeks out in an undignified manner.

"Are you ever going to use the nickname you gave me?" Garrett asked as she glared up at Jasper. The man glanced over at her and, after tapping his chin inquisitively for a few seconds, offered nothing more than a shrug. Garrett let out a growl of irritation before directing her gaze to the ground. Locating a pebbled on the ground, she gave the small rock a satisfying kick and watched as it skidded a few lengths away. The two walked in silence for the longest time. The scenery was most certainly familiar and Garrett was most certainly sure that they were passing the same tree for the fifth time that day. "Do you even know what Helix is?" Garrett challenged as she managed to tear her eyes away from the ground and look back up at Jasper.

"Hm, I'm not entirely sure to be perfectly honest," Jasper said as he uneasily rubbed the nape of his neck. "It's some sort of... organization. I have no idea what it is or what it does." After a thoughtful pause, Jasper added, "Do you know anything about it?"

"No, my herd never ventured too far into human territory," Garrett admitted with a sigh. "This certainly doesn't bode well. What are we going to- hey, look there!"

Jasper looked over to where Garrett seemed to be pointing to see two figures in the not-so-far distance. There was a human, presumable a trainer, and a small feline-like pokemon. The two seemed to be going down a path that had miraculously evaded Jasper's and Garrett's eyes. "Those two seem to know where they're going," Garret said as she hopped in front of Jasper with a hopeful expression on her face. "Let's ask them for directions!"

"Oh, no, no, no," Jasper protested, waving his hands in a declining motion. "I'm not asking anyone for directions."

"Why not?" Garrett inquired with a disapproving tune. Jasper opened his mouth before closing it soon after. He repeated the process numerous times, his eyebrows furrowing in a worried manner. After several moments of struggling to fabricate a non-flimsy and, hopefully, convincing excuse, all Jasper was able to manage was, "I already know where we're going." Garrett stared at Jasper for the longest time. She shook her head very slowly as disappointment, if not some form of concern, flooded her eyes. Before Jasper could fumble for another excuse, Garrett turned away and began to make her way towards the strangers at a canter. "Gary, no, come back!" Jasper called as he ran after the surprisingly fast Deerling. Garrett, however, paid the strange little man no heed and made her way toward the human and her pokemon, ears perked and head held high.

Edited by Doctortear

Why do I have to be stuck with the most aggravating Litleo ever? Zoey asked herself as she watched Tama wag his tail in excitement before pausing. "What is it?" Zoey asked out loud this time as Tama turned. "Yay! A Deerling!" Tama exclaimed before running to the Deerling. "Tama! Wait!" Zoey exclaimed. Zoey then looked past the Deerling to see a human dressed up like Pokémon she's seen once before. She didn't know the name of it, but to her it looked weird. Zoey then looked down at Tama who seemed to be very happy that the Deerling was around. Then again, Tama was happy about the smallest thing. If he saw a leaf fall in front of him, he'd probably be happy and play with it.

Hmmm... Zoey thought once again. If the Deerling is this guy's trainer, perhaps maybe a trade is in order. "Hi Deerling!" Tama exclaimed so happily wagging his tail. "My name is Tama! And this is Zoey, my trainer! She's a bit weird. She can turn into a Purrloin and can be quite sneaky at times! I bet you never seen a human who can shapeshift into a Pokémon!" "Tama," Zoey groaned as she face palmed. "Don't go around telling random Pokémon about that."

"Oops," Tama said, looking back at Zoey before seeing a stick fall. "Stick!" Zoey then watched as Tama ran over to the stick. "Sorry about him," Zoey said to the Deerling. "He can rant when he's extremely happy. It gets annoying after a while."

--------------------------------------

Chompers slid down a path to make it to the main path. Other little Pokémon ran from him, fearing he would attack them. The air shimmered around him as he walked down the path. He paused as he felt something watching him. He turned to see the same yellow Pokémon look at him curiously. He ignored the Pokémon for now and continued going down the path. Upon a few miles later, Chompers came up on a sign. He cocked his head back and forth trying to make sense of it, but failed to do so. It made him curious so he proceeded to walk into the town.

The Tyrantrum human cocked his head this way and that as he walked through town until he came across a building with a red roof. What's in here? he asked himself before going up to the doors.

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Garrett slowed down as the small feline suddenly turned around and charged towards her. Jasper cursed underneath his breath as he saw the trainer follow her pokemon's lead and walk towards the Deerling. The last thing he wanted was to deal with more strangers. If the trainer wanted to fight that was one thing, but Garrett wanted to ask for directions and Jasper was by no means ready to force himself to pleasantly converse with some lady and her Litleo.

"Greetings," Garrett said as Jasper strolled up behind her. Jasper folded his arms across his chest and looked over at the young trainer. He noted with immense satisfaction that she was shorter than him although he couldn't exactly tell if she was just young or a dwarf. Either way, he quite enjoyed seeing someone shorter than he was. Initially, Jasper pretended to not know what the Litleo was saying (after all, humans couldn't understand pokemon), but as the small feline began talking about his trainer being able to turn into a Purrlion, Jasper couldn't help but look down at the tiny pokemon with an expression of surprise. The fact the trainer hushed her companion before speaking to Garrett directly only further confirmed Jasper's suspicious. Garrett obviously got the same thought as her mouth was agape and an expression of utter confusion was spread across her face.

"Oh my," Garrett said with what Jasper could assume was her version of a forced grin. "That's certainly interesting, Tama. W-What was your trainer's name again? Zoey, was it?" Jasper frowned at Garrett as she pawed the ground anxiously. Why was she trying to beat around the bush? Wouldn't it be easier to just address the issue?

"Did you just talk to your pokemon?" Jasper asked bluntly as he stared at the supposed Zoey. "For that matter, did you understand what it just said?"

Edited by Doctortear

Zoey face palmed. "Uh...uh..." Zoey said, looking for some sort of excuse. She gave Tama a glare, but then turned her attention to the human. "You know what, since Tama already spilled the beans, yes, I can speak to Tama." She looked back at Tama who had the stick in his mouth. "And I can understand what you are saying also Deer....say, do you have a name too? Or is it just Deerling? And what's you name....sir?" That time, Zoey purred as she morphed into her Purrloin form. She looked up at the human and the Deerling to see their reactions.

"Oh boy!" Tama said, dropping the stick and tackling Zoey. "My playmate!" "Oof," Zoey huffed. "Get off before I decide to put you back in the ball." Zoey took her right paw and swung with a Scratch attack. "Sorry!" Tama yelped before running away from his trainer. Zoey got up and started dusting herself off. If there's one thing Zoey couldn't stand was the fact that Tama had to be so freaking jolly. "Out of all the freaking Litleo's I had to catch, I had to catch the most annoying one," Zoey grumbled.

Jasper could have held back his amused snort or at least concealed it with a coughing fit, but hearing the girl he had met, what, no less than a minute ago fumble over her words as she tried to produce some pathetic excuse was hilarious. Was that how she always acted when someone accused her of something? Flat-out denying Jasper would have been a little brave and simply telling the truth would have been respectful but trying to scrape up some pathetic excuse only to give in a few moments later was downright funny. It was clear Garrett did not agree as she show Jasper a displeased glare. Jasper ignored her and kept laughing until the joke's hilarity began to fade away.

"I'm deeply sorry for my companion's poor choice of response," Garrett said apologetically as she looked back over at Zoey and Tama. "He's not exactly a... conversational type of person. I apologize on his behalf." Jasper rolled his eyes at the Deerling's words but made no motion to correct her. He didn't particularly for her speaking for him, but there were much more important matters afoot.

By the time Garrett had finished apologizing, Zoey had admitted that she could understand pokemon before transforming into a small purple feline which, for whatever reason, prompted her Litleo to pounce on her.

"Oh," Jasper said plainly as he watched Zoey fend herself from Tama. Garrett, after leaping back in surprise at Zoey's sudden transformation, looked up at Jasper expectantly as he clicked his tongue in anticipation. Had Jasper himself not expected Zoey to show herself off, he might have just laughed at Garrett's response. Honestly, he hadn't expected to meet someone who could talk to both humans and pokemon. Heck, he hadn't expected to meet someone who could transform into both a human and a pokemon for that matter. The only possible explanation for Zoey possessing powers eerily similar to Jasper's was that she was in the same boat as Jasper, right? His memory was absolutely dreadful so he wasn't sure if there was some other way she could have the same powers as him, but what were the chances that their abilities weren't related somehow? Heck, he didn't know what the odds were but he didn't see a reason not to expose himself now. It wasn't like he was supposed to keep his abilities a secret anyhow and there was no point in lying to someone who was potentially just like him.

"Well lucky for you, I seem to be in the same predicament as you are," Jasper said casually as he peered down at the Purrloin on the ground. "At least, I think I am. I see no point in withholding any information if we are in fact stuck in the same sticky situation. The name's Jasper and this her majesty over here is Garrett."

"Oh? So now you decide to use the correct name?" Garrett questioned as she flattened her ears in aggravation.

"Shut it, Gavin," Jasper snapped, much to Garrett's dismay. The Deerling propped her chip upward before walking a few paces away from Jasper and seating herself on the ground with a loud huff. Jasper rolled his eyes at Garrett's "rebellious" display before turning his attention back to Zoey and Tama. "Why are you keeping that Litleo around anyway if you don't like him so much?" Jasper inquired as he looked over at the overzealous feline. "I mean, that sounds a bit hypocritical coming from me, but I got my reasons for keeping the little princess around. I reckon you have yours as well. At least, I would assume so."

Edited by Doctortear

By this point, Zorua usually would have maintained eye contact while slowly and deliberately knocking something to the floor like he had seen Malamar do. The problem with sitting on the floor was that there was nothing to knock down though. And climbing one of the counters just to smack something down would take too long. Maintaining his pout at Lambert was getting repetitive quickly though, and he needed something else to do.

Standing up from his sitting position, he glanced contemplatively at the boxes Lambert had moved, and then at the strangers. There was a man with a Houndour and a floating Pokemon that looked like a Fairy/Water type, who was rambling about roads. The human started saying something then, but he didn't even get half a word out before the Houndour barked and glared at him.

Zorua tilted his head, but then significantly perked up upon hearing the man's words after he rolled his eyes at the dog. "In English, Z. Unless you two are planning to walk around by yourselves, in which case, please continue talking in a language I don't understand."

"You speak human!?" he couldn't help the exclamation, excitedly trotting up to the Fairy-type. "That's amazing! Can you show me?"

Edited by Puredark006

Pooch barked right in front of Z's face and the Normal-type started, scooting backward and up into the air. They were beginning to think getting too close to the dog Pokemon was a bad idea in general. Rhapsody seemed to get the hint, though, and rephrased what he was about to say.

They stopped dead in midair. "By yourselves" - no, he wasn't implying anything by that, was he? He was playing the part of the trainer here, and not letting anyone know he could understand Pokemon was certainly part of that. They blinked up at the other shifter's face, desperately trying to interpret his expression, and shortly thereafter wondering if it would even do any good considering he was originally a Pokemon. They'd thought speaking in Pokemon would at least lower the chances of accidentally leaking any information, considering the presence of strangers (Had that man been there the last time they were here? They couldn't remember. Why couldn't they remember?), but if they had to repeat everything now...

Well, Rhapsody was waiting for their response, which they tried to convince themself was a good sign. They switched to English and began to stutter out some sort of apology when the fox Pokemon from earlier interrupted, loudly.

They shifted instinctively, emerging from the burst of light in their human form just above the floor, and fell on their face with a whump.

Ah. If choosing the wrong language hadn't done it, that certainly had. They were going to have to figure out the rest of this humanity thing on their own. They curled up a little and waited for the inevitable.

She was gradually growing bored of the banter at the doorway but, as soon as the Abra arrived and the little black fox startled them, Gaes had something to snicker quietly about. The small fox enjoyed pranks it seemed. Perhaps the two of them could come up with something fun in the future?

The white-haired man, Lambert, drew close and the Mawile carefully shifted herself to hide further behind the potted plant that had so far concealed her from sight. A moment of curiosity nagged at her thoughts, wondering what was in the boxes. If it was something useful, should she consider taking a look? (And maybe snatching it?)

She frowned. No, best not. Besides, she'd have to wait for everyone to clear away from the counter before she could do anything else. Different, but familiar, voices caught her attention and she glanced around the plant, spying Rhapsody's little group at the map. She only caught part of the conversation but it seemed like Z could read the strange symbols and knew about where they were - more than just a name. Were they planning on leaving Kusba? If so, she'd want to go with them.

Question was, would they believe a Mawile was a human they met earlier?

Pooch barked, Rhapsody demanded Z to speak in English, the strange Pokémon began to stutter an apology and then the black fox jumped over, pestering Z to teach him English.

The flash of light gave Gaes the answer to her question.

Rubbing her eyes to clear away the afterimages, the Mawile almost gawked at the short human with pink hair curled up on the floor. If she hadn't undergone her own change in the bathroom earlier, her reaction probably would have been more surprised.

Zoey looked up at Jasper in surprise. So he could turn into a Pokémon too? That's interesting, Zoey mused to herself. She then watched as Jasper turned and snapped at Garrett. She smiled to herself. It was pure obvious that Garrett hated her trainer. She then turned to Tama who was now amusing himself with a leaf. "Why keep this bouncing little lion of joy?" Zoey asked back. "Well, for one thing, he knows where the nearest town is. We were heading there before Garrett distracted him." "Ouch!" Tama said, accidently ramming into a tree.

"Tama," Zoey groaned. "Can you please stop goofing off and lead the way to the stupid town." Tama looked up with a sheepish grin. "Sorry~" Tama sang before hopping on the road once more as Zoey reverted back to her human self. "And which town did you say it was?" "Uh....." Tama said, blanking out for a moment. "I remember a 'V' somewhere in it. Don't expect me to know, I'm just a Litleo." "You're welcome to join us to the town...if you want," Zoey said. "It really doesn't matter to me." With that, Zoey turned and started walking after Tama.

---------------------------------

Chompers went inside of this red building and looked around. There was at least one or two other people inside, which bothered him none. Something then caught his attention and he went over to it to study it. It had strange symbols and letters, something Chompers found out that he couldn't read. He was puzzled. Why couldn't he read this? He studied one strange symbol and stared at it. It made no sense to him at all. Sighing, Chompers turned and started walking somewhere else.

Lambert needed to sit down, but the closest chair was behind the main counter. What were the odds of encountering so many players of the mysterious game -- or so he assumed -- in the same day? Especially considering how there was practically no one visiting this small town in the past two days he had stayed. Happy coincidence? Or was there more to the down that initially meets the eye?

The distraction was enough for him to tear his eyes off of Zorua, and he was startled to realize the fox was no longer in his place. The panic subsided when he saw that the pokemon was also distracted by the odd group of travelers (or should he say, game players? There had to be a better term for it...). At least, the blue-haired man didn't seem really impressed with the sudden transformation of his friend. Who knew? Maybe his other pokemon was in on it too (what kind of human would it turn into?). Lambert would have never guessed anything suspicious was going on if the kid didn't slip up when they did. (Certain people were worse at hiding it than others...)

"...This is ridiculous." The man shook his head and crossed his arms. "Is everyone here in on the game?" A pause. He thought he saw something move in the corner of his eye. "Don't tell me the tall grass is in on it too," he said sourly, nodding towards the potted plant.

There was a second where everything was quiet. Pooch's eyes were wide, mouth slightly open as she tried desperately to think of an excuse for why a Pokemon had just transformed into a kid.

And then Rhapsody started laughing.

She gave him the fiercest glare she could muster, lips curling to show exactly how unfitting that reaction was for the situation at hand. The male just shrugged, grinning, and said, "Hey, now you can't get mad at me."

Maybe it was time to consider throwing her trainer off a cliff. His Pokemon form could fly, it wasn't as if that was going to be enough to kill him. And it would feel so satisfying.

The other human that had been with the fox Pokemon spoke next, and Pooch switched to staring at him as soon as he mentioned 'the game', surprised by his words. Wasn't that what Rhapsody and Z were involved in? Did that mean the stranger was in the same situation? This was... too much of a coincidence.

"What, you and that midget Zorua in on this too?" Rhapsody asked in an amused tone, still with the grin from before. His eyes followed the direction of the white-haired man's, towards the decorative plant near the Mart's counter. "Little Yellow over there's not with you?"

Pooch decided that if she kept paying attention, her trainer's ability to find the situation entertaining would only continue to get on her nerves, so she left the talking to the two humans (and the Pokemon behind the plant; now that her attention wasn't focused, she could detect the scent coming from there), and trotted towards Z's line of sight. "Are you alright?" she asked, slightly concerned about their lack of movement.

Zorua had watched the scene with eyes like saucers, glancing between the former Fairy and Lambert. He didn't get what game The Man Formerly Known As The Creep was talking about, but one thing was clear.

"You guys are humans who can turn into Pokemon too?" he asked, voice high-pitched with excitement as he wagged his tail hard enough to make a breeze.

Edited by Puredark006