Thuban

General AP Options

Don't think there's such a thing as an unhatched green neb since greens are only males. Maybe normal (purple/blue) and alt (red/green), but specific color depends on gender so idk how the egg would be sorted. Prob just set the entire neb line as black, even the adults have a lot of black coloring.

I guess a color sort could work as long as enough commons were in the same categories as the rares. Maybe gold-colored eggs could be sorted as yellow, silver-colored as white, and bronze-colored as brown, and most non-metallic rares are pretty obvious about what color they should be. Gray eggs should prob be lumped in with black so as not to have too many categories. Main trickiness I see with color categories would be deciding on where to put multi-colored eggs like the Blusang or hatchies that don't match their egg like the alt Undine.

I think that the color range objections can be easily solved using one of two methods.

First: Have 3 ranges:

Red: includes all colors that can be shown in RGB hex codes as FFFF00 to FF00FF... So Yellow, Red, Magenta, and white, black, and gray

Green: same as red but with FFFF00 to 00FF00.... So Cyan, Green, Yellow, and blacks and grays and whites.

Blue: Same as above but from 00FFFF to FF00FF... So Cyan, Blue, Magenta and blacks, grays, and whites.

In this, each breed would show up in at least 2 "sorts", and some would show up in 3. So you could increase your chance at Golds.... But.... Its still pretty heavy odds.

The other way is to have a minimum number of breeds in each color sort. We have over 100 distinct dragon types. So if you have 4 color "ranges", you have each range have 1/4th of the dragons. So your "yellow" range would include all of the greens and reds, too... Because there are so few golds and yellows. Trying to find rares in that mess of greens and yellow greens and reds would be.... difficult. xd.png

This was posted earlier and is the version of color sort I can see myself supporting the most (first version - with how many dragons we have, I don't think we need to worry about how many dragons in categories if we keep it down to three).

Actually, this color range doesn't make sense.

FFFF00 to FF00FF is full red and any kind of combination of green and blue.

FFFF00 to 00FF00 is full green and any kind of combination of red and blue.

00FFFF to FF00FF is full blue and any kind of combination of red and green.

But what about desaturated colors, like 111111 (dark grey)? Or full black, 000000? They'd not be in any of the three groups. Even slightly desaturated colors wouldn't match any of the three groups.

If you want three color groups, assign them as follows:

red if the value of red (meaning the first two digits) is the highest.

green if the value of green (digits number 3 and 4) is the highest.

blue for the last two digits having the highest value.

Assign a dragon to two or even three groups in case of a draw.

(For the record, I'm still not in favor of this suggestion as a whole.)

Edited by olympe

I assumed that if color sort were a popular option and getting used, that however it is that TJ is already sorting the dragons, would be applied, and then from there, he would would figure out a way to break the groups down, to avoid exploitation based on his knowledge of the code and such.

With this thread in effect, I've seen one option I like far more than my own options that I would love to see more than anything else: AP Biome sort. I really dig that idea. I would hunt it the same way I hunt the cave: refresh until im bored, then hop to the next one and then lock on things that have interesting codes, or that I know are unpopular.

That is something I had really hoped to see happen with this thread. If other options come up that have more traction than mine, I have no problem removing mine. "Other (unpopular) options: list with quick descriptions" would be a fine place to go. It may actually lead to some really interesting options that nobody had thought about before.

I like this idea, especially with how the OP made it to be (at least with how it currently reads at this moment of my response). :3 I'd love to be able to sort the AP to blue+purple eggs since I adore the blue dragons but hate the green [with VERY few exceptions] and would rather not see walls of dang GREEN all the time. >.< Same with getting awesome dragons that have black eggs and all. :3 Btw the ones I'm thinking of are commons lol so I'll be the one snatching those up while the rest of ya take care of the greens for me. xd.png

Win win! :3 This has my support! Same with the different less days or more days sorting. xd.png I don't understand the Biome-to-AP kick thing though. Can someone explain that to me?

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

I don't understand the Biome-to-AP kick thing though. Can someone explain that to me?

That is a suggestion that was made in this thread. Basically it involves moving biome eggs into the AP if they have sat untaken in the biomes for 5 minutes.